Feedback before making this official... Speed Levelling

Good Morning Sir! :slight_smile:

I’ve revised the portions regarding the TC build-out as follows:

As soon as you have your first Training Camp(TC) to level 4, build your second Training camp. As soon as you have it to level 11, build your third - at a minimum by the "mid-stage" of the game you should be running all 3 TC’s constantly.

TC 4 should be using the "Low Cost" training until you have completed TC 11. At that point, move all of your recruits from TC 4 and begin using the "Extra Low Cost" in TC11.

At this point, while building your third training camp up, begin using the first two options "Common" or "Uncommon" in TC 4. Which one you use depends on the resources you have available(You need backpacks for "Uncommon" and wooden swords for "Common")

Then, continue upgrading your Stronghold and your 3rd Training camp. The goal is to get your Stronghold to level 20 as quickly as you can. Once you have your level 20 stronghold finished, guess what? Build another TC. :slight_smile: This one will take some time, but we want to work up to TC 20 so you can begin the “Legendary” training for your chance at 5* heroes(As I type this, my TC 20 has given me 3 5* heroes to date, and I’ve only had it running for a month)

While waiting for TC20 to complete (this takes a lot of time and resources,) keep the other three running “Extra Low Cost,” “Common,” and “Uncommon”. Once TC20 is finished, use it for “Legendary” as often as you can afford.

Just wanted to make sure this accurately captures your advice!

Thanks again,
:slight_smile: Tima

It is perfect only… meybe… one… little… detail :slight_smile: you skiped TC13. This substitute tc20 for a long time. 4* are good :wink:

1 Like

An excellent observation - I notice that in the guide I didn’t specify where to “stop” building your 3rd TC, but level 13 would be a good place to leave it!

By that time you should have your 4th TC built, and while working toward TC20 you can throw in an occasional “Elite” training to help fill in your roster.

Delightful, and much appreciated!

Good Morning All! :slight_smile:

So, based on the insights and feedback shared here, I have refined my post, and I believe it is now ready to share with my team!

The changes made included some specifics in the section about TC’s, 3* heroes, and the “Intro” in terms of more clearly defining the target audience, if you will.

Added Intro:

I decided to put together a little guide here in regard to “Speed Levelling” your heroes - bear in mind that the method discussed is not necessarily better or worse, and should be highly dependent on your priorities.

Early on in your progression in the game, this can help you to get that shiny new 4* hero up to speed, ramp up your “A Team” to get past the hurdles on the world map, or build up your “War Teams” for better contribution in Alliance Wars.

However; later in the game, when your teams are more refined, there is a different approach to “Power level” a new HoTM or Event Hero.

It is very important that you are not levelling your heroes indiscriminately - choosing which heroes to work on can be more instrumental to your success (short and long term) than levelling quickly - so please, if you are unsure where you stand or where you want to go, reach out to me, I would be happy to help!

The changes to the TC build-out are in my previous post.

I’ve changed is in regard to not using your Trainer heroes for 3* characters so that you will have more “rolls” on the special skill - while I hadn’t used that method personally, and am really not working on any 3* heroes in the near future, the reasoning makes sense. :slight_smile:

And finally, I have added in the more nuanced “food saving” information as well.

Many MANY thanks to @kerridoc, @badassninjadad, @onemilionyearsoldorc, and @socialpariah for your contributions and all of the patience!

The “Final Version” is posted below!

Thank you @Tima for writing this guide! May this be moved to the player guides section?

1 Like

Tima’s Unofficial Official “Guide” to Speed Levelling, or Something

(The Final Version)

Hi Guys!

I spent some time recently putting together feedback for several of my teammates in regard to their hero lineups. The thing that stood out in all three cases was the different levels of all of the heroes; what happens is you start with one lineup, begin levelling them, then get new heroes, put them in the lineup instead, begin levelling them, then get new heroes, etc., etc.

So, we end up with a situation where you have many mid-level heroes over time. Then, you reach a point where the 4 and 5* heroes are so few and far between that you begin to focus on one or two teams at a time.

Now, with your semi-fixed lineup, you begin levelling your “A Team” or your “War Teams,” or both, but you are levelling each hero a little at a time.

I played that way for months myself, and the progression was very slow. At this point, through various tips and insights from other players, details I have read in the forums, and from my own experience, I am here to tell you that there is a faster way!

I decided to put together a little guide here in regard to “Speed Levelling” your heroes - bear in mind that the method discussed is not necessarily better or worse, and should be highly dependent on your priorities.

Early on in your progression in the game, this can help you to get that shiny new 4* hero up to speed, ramp up your “A Team” to get past the hurdles on the world map, or build up your “War Teams” for better contribution in Alliance Wars.

However; later in the game, when your teams are more refined, there is a different approach to “Power level” a new HoTM or Event Hero.

And it is very important that you are not levelling your heroes indiscriminately - choosing which heroes to work on can be more instrumental to your success (short and long term) than levelling quickly - so please, if you are unsure where you stand or where you want to go, reach out to me, I would be happy to help!

Regardless of how you choose to level your heroes, you need a constant supply of Feeders and Food. To accomplish this, you need to build more Farms and Training Camps.

As soon as you have your first Training Camp(TC) to level 4, build your second Training camp. As soon as you have it to level 11, build your third - at a minimum by the “mid-stage” of the game you should be running all 3 TC’s constantly.

TC 4 should be using the “Low Cost” training until you have completed TC 11. At that point, move all of your recruits from TC 4 and begin using the “Extra Low Cost” in TC11.

Now, while building your third training camp up, begin using the first two options “Common” or “Uncommon” in TC 4. Which one you use depends on the resources you have available(You need backpacks for “Uncommon” and wooden swords for “Common”)

Then, continue upgrading your Stronghold and your 3rd Training camp. The goal is to get your Stronghold to level 20 and your third TC to 11 as quickly as you can. Once you have your level 20 stronghold finished, guess what? Build another TC. :slight_smile: This one will take some time, but we want to work up to TC 20 so you can begin the “Legendary” training for your chance at 5* heroes(As I type this, my TC 20 has given me 3 5* heroes to date, and I’ve only had it running for about six weeks!)

While waiting for TC20 to complete (this takes a lot of time and resources,) keep the other three running “Extra Low Cost,” “Common,” and “Uncommon”. If you are still working with mainly 2 and 3* heroes, you may want to upgrade one of your TC11’s to level 13 - this will give you access to “Elite” training with a chance for 4* heroes. Finally, once TC20 is finished, use it for “Legendary” as often as you can afford.

This training regimen will ensure that you have a constant supply of “Feeder” heroes to level your “A Team” and your “War Teams”

Now, in the beginning, you may need to keep some of your 2* heroes to help get your 30 heroes for the Alliance War, but otherwise, 1* and 2* heroes are food - don’t level them up.

As you pull 3, 4, and 5* heroes, you will rotate the lower level heroes out of your War Teams, and they will become food.

That said, whether you choose to work on your “A Team” or one of your “War Teams,” the method is the same:

You should almost ALWAYS use 10 feeders at once when levelling your hero.

Each time you level up, whether you use 1 hero or 10, the cost for training goes up by 100 food per/feeder. It costs 21,000 food to feed 10 1* hero to your 3* hero the first time you level up; but the next time you feed that same hero, it will cost 22,000. By the time you reach level 50, you are spending 100,000+ food each time you feed a hero.

(The only exception to the “Rule of 10” would be in the higher ascension tiers, specifically in the higher levels where it takes more than 10 heroes to level up a character. In this case, you may use any number of feeders in multiple “small batches” until just before your character is ready to reach the next level - but make sure you stop before they level up, and once again feed them 10 at a time.)

Overall, by only using 10 heroes each time you level, you minimize this “increasing cost” factor to the best of your ability.

Second, try not to use any trainer heroes you get with 3* heroes specifcially, and ALWAYS feed them 10 heroes of the SAME COLOR - this will ensure that you get the best % chance to increase your heroes special ability, and the most overall chances at getting the increase.

It is very common to get a 3* hero to max level only to have their special ability stuck at 5/8 - while this doesn’t guarantee you will max their special, it will give you the best chance.

Third - for any 4* or 5* hero you are working on, only level ONE HERO at a time until they are maxed, or until you hit a wall waiting for ascension materials. In this case, color does not matter, as you will definitely max their special before you finish reaching max level.

There is an experience bonus for using feeders of the same color, so it is arguably more efficient to use the same color. However; it will be slower, and in my opinion the return on that investment does not justify the time you will spend levelling your stronger heroes to max.

If you were to only use the same color feeders for each 4 or 5* hero, on average you will take 5x longer to level up each hero(really rough average, but the point stands) :slight_smile: Not only would it take longer to level up your team, but you’re overall Team Strength will increase more slowly as well, causing delays in your progression on the map levels and reducing effectiveness against Titans.

Now that we know how to speed level a given hero, the next question becomes … who should I level first? lol, I think that’s a topic for another time. :slight_smile:

Again, I want to emphasize that there isn’t necessarily a right or a wrong way to level up, and you should assess your priorities in the game before deciding to follow any of the guidelines laid out above.

I hope this information is helpful, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, and most importantly … Have Fun!

4 Likes

@Petri, certainly, it was a pleasure to write and work with the other members here to refine! :slight_smile:

If you would like to move the thread, that is fine by me, or I can start a new thread in “Player Guides” with the final version of the guide as the original post - this way people reading for the first time don’t necessarily have to go through all of the back-and-forth.

Whichever you feel is appropriate!

And @petri?? Thank you for all of your contributions here in the forums, with the community at large, and of course as one of the developers of this fine jewel of a game! :slight_smile: <3

2 Likes

You took the words right out of my keyboard!

1 Like

I have some advice to add too. Even if you max out a hero before it’s skill maxes out, you can still max it’s skill by feeding it 3 or 4 copies of itself at a time. Ihave a sha ji that maxed with skill at 6, but have been able to increase it to 7 same with carver.

1 Like

That’s very true, but with the caveat that unless you feed said hero 4 duplicates every time, causing 100% skill increase, then the extra leveling can be extremely expensive on both recruits and ham. Caution is advised.

1 Like

Wow, that’s some serious research and dedication.
Going to put this into action, thank you for putting this in the forum.
Awesome!
Cheers

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Levelling Up Strategies and Team Suggestions