[Feb 27, 2019] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live at 06:50 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in this older thread from the first time Trials of Mysticism occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Mysticism allows Wizards and Sorcerers

• The bosses are Ulmer, Skittleskull, Balthazar, and Quintus

• Monsters are red/fire and purple/dark

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Mysticism:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial .

4 Likes

Here we go!

My team last time:

And this time:

Sabina has come up to max, Proteus got emblems — and the big change is Thoth-Amun has taken over for Balthazar.

And I’m still happy anywhere Proteus can go. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Last time…

…and this time!

I decided this time that I was not going to allow the bosses to even THINK about using their specials on me.

Hard to pick a team, though. I didn’t realize so many of my good heroes were wizards.

3 Likes

This is a great approach, and I fully intend to put my second Proteus onto this team once I’ve leveled him.

But you’ve basically got the “nope” squad of mana control going. :slight_smile:

There are a lot of great Wizards, but that’s definitely my shallowest class for bench depth. They skew pretty heavily toward HOTM and event heroes.

1 Like

I lost for the first time on level 2 today — forgot to optimize my items, and was there with only a couple of minor heals, minor manas, and arrows…

approx:
Ulmer 3/30; Skittleskull 1/20; Sabina +4; Balthazar maxed; Greymane 3/50, but 6/8. I could sub Skittles with Gill-Ra 3/40, but not sure if losing the third color will bite me…

In light of your Skittles being at 1-20, Gill-Ra could well have better longevity, while contributing both an attack and defense debuff.

I think it’s worth the tradeoff despite the preponderance of purple monsters and bosses, especially if you make a point of charging up everyone’s specials before the bosses so you have them available.

Mana controllers are my favorite, though it almost backfired horribly… :sweat:

I decided against bringing a healer this time, and I forgot to throw in some health pots to make up for it. Onatel was the only one standing in the end. Merlin, Proteus, and Nat all got smoked in the beginning of the boss round. But, by God, I had their mana bars locked down pretty tight!

How’d you fare in the last stage?

1 Like

Congrats, and good thing Onatel pulled through!

I’m waiting on WE still, sadly. I filled a chest earlier, so I didn’t quite time this one to be full right at the start like I did for the last couple.

Finishing up some work, but I may have to wait until my morning for the last stage, depending on my alertness in an hour. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sub in Gill-Ra, that 3-2 purple-blue stack actually could be pretty helpful!

1 Like

I guess this is probably my most powerful of teams for trials.
Annnnd, i completed all 3 levels without using a single item!

4 Likes

Old team (I had not reach the required level for last stage at that time):

New team:

Just finished the last stage with carpet bombing.

4 Likes

Congrats on passing level 30 and making it through!

1 Like

Zeline maxed
Merlin 4/60
Kashhrek 3/Something
Jahangir (!)
Kiril nearly maxed

And did it. Could have used Sabina, too, but I don’t like to use two purple ones against the bosses this time.

1 Like

Maxed Zeline alongside Jahangir on the same team is definitely the magic of Class Trials in action. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is what I will have to do it with.
Not much unlevelled on the bench that could come to aid in some time either.
I guess it will be carpet bombing time for the last level :wink:

Edit:
Managed to do the trail. Used 1 dragon attack, 10 small healing pots and 1 simple revive scroll. Not easy but not too hard either.
Time used around 10 minutes.

1 Like

I just used the same team as the last time, since I managed without items then too. It’s a good team :slight_smile:
Kiril, Isarnia, Quintus, Skittle and Merlin.

1 Like

Proteus seems like a really nice guy. Let’s hope for the next summons.

1 Like

Slightly early timing on screenshot aside, all done!

This one proved to be pretty easy, and low on item usage.

If I had paid a tad more attention, I could have avoided Ulmer firing once. His defense debuff heavily contributed to the demise of 3-60 Sabina and Skittles.

Otherwise the bosses never fired at all, thanks to keeping Proteus topped up with mana when needed. I could have used even a little less without the Ulmer incident, as I fed 4-70 Sabina some too.

Proteus got to +5 with the new Wizard emblems, but I’m 4 short of going to +6.

I’m saving my Sorcerer emblems for Thoth-Amun.

2 Likes

Thanks. Gill-Ra was considerably more durable. Did get stuck with boards full of red and yellow, though. Used 4 mid manas, 10 mid healings, 2 axes, one antidote.

Now to see if I can hit level 30 while this is still active (20.000 xp or so…)

2 Likes