đŸ•” End of an Era (Part 3) -- Season 4 Completion Thread

2 Gillunbursti and Noor.

1 Like

Couple updates to be reflected in the OP:

3 Likes

nicely done @Sam-I-Am , and I agree with @SamMe , good to see you still around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished hard now.

Used 3 Gullinbursti, Vanda and gormek c.
Was even easier than normal because now the boss can be stunned effective in the last stage.
Gormek killed all minions.
Vanda fired each time before the countdown ended, protecting gulli from the blind. I think in the whole battle I missed it 2 times because Vanda wasn’t ready.
Gulli boosted the health and when active with those crazy attack stats, strong color and no misses because of Vanda the HP melted really fast.

After firing gulli first time, I never dropped out of boosted health with any hero.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that hard, once you know that you need a minion killer it was a breeze. Before that realisation, I couldn’t beat it.

2 Likes

Inspired by a post on this forum, and lacking any minion killer, I decided to take Kvasir into S4 36-10 (normal). It worked! As the screenshots show, it wasn’t even close.

It seemed to me that sometimes he didn’t block the minions, but sometimes he did. I think if I went mono yellow with Kvasir, two healers, and some combo of Malosi/Joon/Inari, hard might be possible.

Update: Mono Yellow with Kvasir beat S4 36-10 (hard), without much trouble at all. I am not sure that Kvasir was the key though - his minion block didn’t seem to work. What helped was the removal of the penalty for Holy heroes, and making the weak spot visible. Anyway, no need for Captain of Diamonds now!

5 Likes

Hey Marty,

I decided to try Kvasir on S4 36-10, and although he wasn’t much help, it’s clear that the changes made to the round make it much easier than before. I beat the hard level using mono yellow- Vivica, Gullinbursti, Kvasir, Malosi, and Joon - and it wasn’t even very difficult. (All my heroes were overhealed and some of them maxed out - see above) Removing the accuracy penalty for yellow made all the difference.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, congrats!

I’ve got Viv, Kvasir, and Joon. You think maybe Hanitra and Uraeus (or Rana) would work?

Hey Buddy!

It’s a LOT easier after the changes. I think almost any strong mono yellow team would do it. Certainly Viv, Kvasir, Joon, Hanitra/Uraeus/Rana would do the trick. 2 healers worked for me - I’m a big fan of Gullinbursti.

Up the thread, someone noted that if you stun the boss when he is about to create minions, then he doesn’t create them. That sounds about right to me - I was sure to have Kvasir use his special before the boss’s mana was full, but the boss sometimes made minions anyway. Something else was controlling the minions, and I suspect it was the stun feature, not Kvasir.

Bring some tornadoes or hurricanes so that you can be sure to stun at the right time (there is a counter) and it’s sort of anticlimactically easy! I was counting on weeks of waiting for CoD, and now
 I’m just done. Weird feeling.

1 Like

Thanks @sleepyhead! yep, still around, still trying to catch up on the forum. going to take a while. :slight_smile:

Finished the final stage on hard too. removing the penalty for yellow heroes definitely helped. I went with cRigard, D’Andre, Uraeus, Devana, and Poseidon and made it. Tornadoes, antidotes, and small and medium mana potions for items. not so bad. i was a little worried that i couldn’t do it with just Devana and no cGormek, but she worked just fine. once she fired, her minion removed all of Demi-Moreau’s and gave her plenty of survivability. yay!

3 Likes

So will there be something like Season 4 forever or ?

I suspect yes, but there is no information about it.
It has not arrived to Beta.

1 Like

Especially after taking away the yellow blind, hard mode became easier than normal. I almost spent no items. My team cVivica, cJoon, Fenrir, Grimble and a 4 star blue healer. Easy pizzy. None got even into the danger area regarding health. The final battle in season 3 was much harder.

There’s something a bit off with this observation. The boss summons minions when he casts his special, not when the counter reaches zero. So, if you stun the boss when the count indicator is at one, he will indeed not summon minions - because he isn’t casting his special. However, if his mana bar is full, you’d expect him to summon the minions the next turn, unless you manage to stun him again.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, you are right.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the advice!

I went mono-yellow and used five tornadoes and six mana vials. Finished with full health on everyone. Only took slash and mob damage. Boss never fired.

Here’s the team I used and items I brought along:

2 Likes

As someones who has already completed, season 4. I would comment on the rate of possession morlocks on offer. The yeaid rate is poor. Perhaps to be fair to those who have already completed , the warlocks should have been reduced, not make it easier for those who have not yet fought

1 Like

I thought the season 4 finale was a little too easy
 But i had motega blinding and Grimble removing the crystals
 It was easy
 But i might have had the right pairing.

Before the update, the final round was REALLY difficult (without minion removers). After they removed the penalty to yellow heroes, it became (very) easy.

2 Likes

I took a similar team against the s3 final boss on hard that I used on the s4 finale
 and it was also much easier than the first time around. Between Motega and Pengi
 my team is just a ton better
 so yeah
 probably not crazy tough when you have a good formula.