šŸ•µ End of an Era (Part 3) -- Season 4 Completion Thread

I love how itā€™s was almost hard to borderline impossible (if you donā€™t have any minion killers) before. And then they changed it and dumbed it down so much that it became pitiful

Yeah, I am almost disappointed how easy it was after the nerf! As I said up thread, I quit HA10 and started HA8 so I could get Captain of Diamonds and eventually beat S4 36-10. It was gonna be a long effort, possibly requiring weeks of waiting and planning. Then Iā€™d have to level him up, and maybe I needed to LB him? It was a mythic quest I was embarking on to defeat S4.

And then they nerfed it and I finished without every trying very hard. Ha.

1 Like

I have a question: Will the upcoming Season 4 map/event have reduced world energy, like Atlantis Rises or Valhalla Forever? Or will they be adding an extra province or whatever? I havenā€™t seen a discussion yet regarding plans to make a Season 4 version of AR/VF. Thanks for anyone who would respond with useful information :innocent:

If I recall correctly, SG hasnā€™t put out any info on that in the form of anything in beta or in the most recent sneak peek so we donā€™t know yet. Iā€™d imagine we wonā€™t know until it hits beta with or after Season 5.

2 Likes

Thanks. So the Season 4 event next week would probably just be the same one, without anything new to it, except the upcoming new hero in the portal.

I wonā€™t do anything in the map stages though, because I already finished it even before the difficulty of the final boss (Demi-Moreau) was adjusted. Finished already in both normal and difficult modes :laughing:

2 Likes

Brought Grimble and Eiora, along with a couple of healers, and Sartana to get the job done.

Those minions, though, were super beefy. I remembered spending 5 minutes attacking and seeing their HP increase instead of decrease.

1 Like

I am expecting this too unless SG release this without Beta testing, but I think that it is highly unlikely.
And as Season 5 is 1-2 months away there is no rush needed from them to reduce the WE cost in the most recent season in the live game.

1 Like

No doubt they will go for the same format as S3, which is worthless for those that finished the season. Would be a welcome surprise if I were wrong.

Even if I finished Season 3 already, I still farm the 3-WE stages during Valhalla Forever for quick XP gains. But yeah, Atlantis Rises is still my preferred farming event - love gathering all those crafting materials for battle items and for Alchemy Lab transmutations (alkashard production). :grinning:

4 Likes

I always figured that farming the 3 WE levels of S3 during VF was the best use of my WE during VF and was better than using S-1 to fill chests and burn extra WE. Is that not the case? If it isnā€™t, what is the best place to fill chests and use extra WE during VF?

I save my WE flasks for AR because I definitely prefer that for the bonus but I always thought that VF was a better deal than just normal farming. I havenā€™t looked into it much though so Iā€™m open to suggestions!

2 Likes

Finished easy mode

I used two antidotes and one minor mana along the way. Pretty easy battle. I kept gormek charged until needed, but Iā€™m not totally sure he was needed for easy mode.

Yeah I had Noor and I think I only saw the watchers pop up once. Easiest final boss ever.

I used Grimble. Iā€™m considering going in without minion killersā€¦ For a challenge.

I finished Season 4 normal and hard difficulties 2 days ago. Was it difficulty? Nah, not so much. My Gobbler helped me with minions, Gullinbursti and Rigard kept healing my team. I even made a mistake by taking Leonidas (the biome effect was removed, so I thought that I can take more yellow heroes) and forgot that the boss is resistant to mana cut. Still long, but easy win.

I brought a mono-yellow on hard, like I had on normal since there was no biome effect and I donā€™t have any heroes that help with minions. I didnā€™t want to risk it so I used battle items and finished it easily and quickly with full health. I had pretty good boards and enhanced them with a few tornadoes during the first two levels. The specials helped but the tiles, along with Wu really ripped through those first two levels. I was fully charged coming into the final boss so I let all my specials rip and then used a few Scrolls of Alteration which charged my specials each time. It was over before the boss did any damage. I think the whole thing was less than 3 minutes, I was a bit shocked. Would have been much different without the right battle items!

1 Like

I used wu-kong, mist, rana, vivica, and normal Grimm with costume bonus all emblemed. Only vivica is not limit broken since she doesnā€™t have costume yet.
These are easy heros to come by.

Anyways Iā€™m glad they got rid of biome effect before I got to this point. Mistā€™s special ensured I only saw the minions a few times :slight_smile:

Easy full health victory on normal mode. All thanks to removing that annoying biome effect. Iā€™m still confused why there are some stages where normal enemies have 3000+ attack??? Sounds like a hard level stage, not normal! Wu-kong + c.grimm, magni, boldtusk, and 4*blue ninja hero did the trick. Fortunately

Season 4 Hard mode. On the final province. Should I just have a team of healers and Wilbur and hope I beat these stages before facing Demi-Moreau?

I didnā€™t think the last few provinces were that hard, the only annoying thing is that like the Omega Quests they are all resistant to status ailments so you canā€™t use mana controllers or defense down. so i found attack boost and your best damage dealers / highest attack stat heroes (for tile damage, really) are the way to go.

I took cRigard and Malicna, and then stacked the other three blue or green depending on the color of the mobs/bosses and got through it pretty easily. the slash attacks are pretty rough, though, so two healers isnā€™t going to hurt. you may save on mana potions if you do, i suppose.

My issue is that nobody stays alive long enough for me to do anything, so even if I was to use an attack buffer, Iā€™d still have to deal with 4/5 enemies having a chance of KOā€™ing a hero. Also noticing that, for some reason, the early stages had enemies with 3K attack stats but then following stages are averaging between 2200 to 2800 and arenā€™t killing super quickly.

So I kinda just used a 2/2/1 stack team of: Gullinbursti / Alberich / Elkanen / Vivica / Wilbur. Because this was the only idea I had where everybody stayed alive. Iā€™d usually do the changing up of colors, but I got tired and Underwildā€™s not worth the wasted energy. Might pop back in if Demi-Moreau gets on my nerves.

Finally finished and it was relatively easy

Only needed gormek twice and probably would have done better with vanda to block ailments or another holy hero to do more damage.

3 Likes