🦸‍♂️ El Duque - 5* Fire / Red from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

I’d very much doubt it is worth it. It’d need a insane board for the last minute as you’d have lost so much time and not have your other heroes effects up at the same time. Can understand why unwilling to test.

2 Likes

It would probably be better for me to use Sergie + Franz over Miki + Khonshu, but I have a specific method to fighting titans and the double charge on Sergei does not fit my style.

I will not believe it until I see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@u2371 TESTED … perhaps we can put this to a rest now? :slight_smile: 60 seconds of mana-inducing weapons to get to 9 stacks!!!

4 Likes

You nailed … 30 seconds left on the timer … see video above… sigh

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Hmm :thinking:. This is weird. The tile damage of 5 red with x10 El Duque’s stack against titan weak spot is about 10000 or about 2000 per red heroes. The tile damage of 4 red with Franz’s ailment against titan weak spot is about 12000 or about 3000 per red heroes (2000 per red heroes if there is no Franz’s ailment).

It look like x10 El Duque’s stack doesn’t increase damage at all. I am not sure why. Maybe, there is a limit how lower the target defense can be like max at total -80%Def. Khufu and Sun might reach that point, so x10 El Duque’s stack doesn’t reduce more defense at all even x10 El Duque’s stack do stack with those def down.

But thank you very much. Yes, you can put this to a rest now :slightly_smiling_face:. The only problem for now is that El Duque might not work as intent but it is hard to test. So, you can leave him as he be :slightly_smiling_face:.

I am not sure if El Duque can add stack on the Jormungandr or not since stack isn’t ailment. (Need someone to test him against the next Jormungandr.)

If no, there will be no place for him :smile:.

1 Like

Maxed him and looking forward to try out this combo on the next nature titan. Lots of def down and buffs.

1 Like

Lol, that Dark Lord will have (951-906) x 0.55 = 25 Def left against fire :rofl:. The tile damage should go crazily high but seem to be no. It look like the def do show as it be but it doesn’t calculate in the way as it should be (It look like there is a limit some where that Khufu and Sun are enough to reach.). Not sure if this work as intent or not.

Surely no one will be wasting mythic titan hits on a test? With how long it’s already been shown to get to the full stack it would be a complete waste of mats and flags

1 Like

And that’s by someone like yourself who is used to fast hitting buttons for events and such.

I think if I tried on my crappy old tablet it might take the full fight :face_with_monocle::thinking::rofl:

No, it just need El Duque to only skill once. If he can add stack, he will be the best hero against Jormungandr. Jormungandr resist def down and element def down, so his stack will give full effect (It is like your have max Khufu and Sun ailment of the titan.).

But if he can’t, there will be no place for him :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think your calculation should be right. Like special skills it work from the top so (951 X 0.1 X 0.48) X 0.55. In the brackets is the normal def down to 45 Def as shown on the pic. Then elemental brings it down to 25 def against red but doesn’t show that as its elemental. Just waiting on a green titan to test out how well it all pairs out.

1 Like

The problem is it look like the defense doesn’t really go down to 25 def in the calculation even it show like that. Mono tile damage against 25 def target will go crazily high. It will should like at least 30k damage per tile and might be able to reach 100k. But it doesn’t go that high.

There might be a “hidden” minimum limit of target’s def.

there are a couple things to consider:

1. as Jekyl mentions later in this thread, Sergei’s attack buff is on Magic x2. as a matter of rhythm, especially when it comes to item usage, that’s a significant gameplay difference, even if the tiles needed to charge are around the same number between Miki and Sergei (with the requisite mana troops).

2. part of Miki’s special that often gets forgotten about except during Rush Attack is the silencing of the enemy. that’s a lot of time saved on suffering through special animations (and the potential to have heroes killed) to deal more damage.

1 Like

I see what you mean. Kind of defeats the whole point of 90% def down if thats the case. I dont know enough about how the calculations are done but see your point. You would expect some serious tile damage if those did add up like that.

1 Like

In fact, I don’t know the exact calculation as well :sweat_smile:. The best damage calculation formula we known for now doesn’t work well when there is a elemental defense down (It give error about ±20% and seem to be more if there is more total def down :sweat_smile:) and it seem like it will go worse in high El Duque’s stack case. Sadly, the testing is stop now as the tester’s alliance member doesn’t want to test anymore.

From my experience, it look like there is another factor that only affect when target have very low def. It is like a debug that will prevent target defense to go too low.

I tested my Ill Duke with cMariana yesterday. They have similar damage output based on stats. -90 def stack was active, then I hit with cMarjana for ~1300 to give additional EDD. Immediatelly I hit with Ill Dupe just to learn -54% EDD didn’t do anything at tis point and the special damage was almost the same at 1290…

1 Like

@MirkoChan Could you post a picture here or in the “bugs and issues” ? There might be a bug.

It may be a bug, or there is a hidden defense down cap the titan has. If you notice the video Empire and Puzzle Books have, The combined defense down stack, with normal defense and EDD, could be hitting the cap, so the defense down can’t go lower.

If 90% of the titan’s defense is gone, I’m not sue the -54% EDD is going to do much, perhaps take it down to 95%? So combining El Duque’s stacks with EDD will decrease in effectiveness once the titan has all of its defense removed. At least I think that is what would happen