🦸‍♂️ El Duque - 5* Fire / Red from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

problem is, from the video, it doesnt look like, 90% of defense is really gone, since dmg is way lower than it should be… so there has to be some hard cap to def down which was hit way before…

Which made me think, why on earth do they make such heroes and even state, what is the limit of def down if its not applicable to real ‘‘SG’’ experience

“Easy” way to find out is to try to get 10 stacks then tap and hold to see the defense and see what it is. Sure it’ll ruin the attack a bit, but it’ll answer the question. Or there could be a bug

I think the tile problem in the video is that Franz was replaced by El Duque instead of a plain hero. El Duque + Franz should be the better tile damage (or Miki). That drops defense and increases the tile damage. No good taking two defense down heroes if you are going to get defense down to 10% with one hero.

I tried on dark lord as that seemed the easiest to get a ten stack without using items.

Probably -90% (maybe -95%) is the defence cap limit.
El dupe hits:

1. 627
  2. 643
  3. 708
  4. 731
  5. 853
  6. 877
  7. 998
  8. 990
  9. 1167
  10. 1195
    10/10 stack
  11. 1279

cMarj hit 1305

1. 1351
  2. 1364

Last two hits are still within damage formula variability, so most likely EDD did not affect damage.

1 Like

Yes, I think there is a “hidden” defense down cap on any target. The defense appear to go that low but the defense value in the formula are capped as some point maybe around -90% Def.

The defense appear to go that low but the defense value in the formula are capped as some point maybe around -90% Def.

It seem to be like that.

@Drewrobi @MirkoChan Could you try any hit against some monster in the early stage of S1 with def about 95 or lower and then compare to Dark Lord with 10 El dupe stack ?

If the damage on that S1 monster is higher than Dark Lord with 10 El dupe stack, so there is a “hidden” defense down cap and might be a bug.

@u2371 I did the test and reported a bug due to the results:

3 Likes

Thank you. The result is as what I think. There is something wrong with El dupe stack.

Just pulled him today and after reading this thread am hesitant to use mats on him. Anybody who has him and used him for the last couple months can you comment on how he has performed and what path you took for emblems?

He is not the best Gargoyle but he is useful. I maxed, emblemed and LB him and used him often for my red team. His stackable DD is good because you can stack that with normal defense down and EDD. He now has two rounds of stone skin and hits pretty hard as well. He is not the top notch red hero but he is a solid A- hero for me.

4 Likes

BTW, I took attack and defense pass for emblem.

4 Likes

Thank you.

Unfortunately the thread closed just after the green “Solution” reply was given but there is nothing saying what was done to lead to that Solution.

Do we know if the stacks are now working more in-line with expectations (meaning there was a bug that was fixed) or if it is still as before?

I got him the first round and I am very pleased (LB +20).

I use him everyday in my main offense team (always use rainbow teams) and in mono against titans.

And I do have other options but he is great, especially after the buff. Other maxed 5* are Elizabeth, Khufu, cAzlar, cElena and Reuben and working on Emilio and Asterius but neither will take his place as main red in offense team. The only one that I would rather have is Hohenwerf.

3 Likes

Attack path

3 Likes

There are several non-fixed hero bugs out there. I’m hoping we’ll see a bug fix release soon

Thank you, will keep a close eye on the balance adjustments

1 Like

Titans aside, he seems like a decent hero and I’ve even seen him on a few top 100 defense teams (though I think he’s better on offence). But if anyone has any good or bad experiences with him, feel free to share!

2 Likes

He reminds me a lot of my Thor. He hits often and helps, but he is not a game changer by any means. He is better that Thor though, hits harder and doesn’t have the weird number of targets changing not to mention stoneskin is much better than blind.

3 Likes

The stoneskin on the 3* and 4* has been great in the raid tournaments, will be happy to have it on a 5* (eventually).

In the lower * levels, there aren’t as many that pass through defensive buffs so more effective than in the 5* realm where Sobek is everywhere (yeah, he has been munching my heroes with a bit too much gusto for my liking).

1 Like

El Duque alone is a solid hero but with right combination, he’s too powerful. Mainly due to stacking defense down. Like the trio GVT… Separately, they are average, when combined they become too powerful. Being VF, El Duque hits too hard. He shouldn’t be buffed in the first place. If buffed, he should only hit 1 instead of 3. That’s common with other VF heroes like Malosi, Khonsu, etc. VF hit 3 and too hard is a no no. Nerf him.

What combos are you thinking about w el duque. I wanna know who to pair him w lol