đŸ§Ș Early information on the September 2021 HOTM -- Alexandrine

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the September 2021 HOTM, Alexandrine.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Alexandrine Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 794

Attack: 745
Defense: 747
HP: 1423

Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Class: Cleric

Innate Resistance: Resist Healing Ailments (Curse_SargassoRecoverDown RecoverSteal)
This hero has an innate reistance against status ailments that affect Healing.

Health Recovery per Status Ailment
This hero recovers 10% health when they receive a status ailment.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Shimmering Shield

• Recovers 10% 18% health for all allies.
  • Recovers an additional 4% 3% health per each Ice shield on the board, up to 42% health in total.
  • Alters the critical chance or accuracy of all Ice shields on the board. When an attacknig Hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced with +54% critical chance. When a defending hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -47% accuracy.
  • Element Link gives +10% increase for any healing received for all Ice allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

đŸ§Ș The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

11 Likes

So with her innate ability, if she already casted and has the HOTM link, would she heal 20%? Or is it 10% of what she heals so 11%? Would be nice if it was 20%, of course.

I like the hero, not only is she a healer but alters the board shields. But that’s also why I’m not a huge fan, she’s the third blue healer (Ariel and Raffaele) and we have Jott with shield enhancements (I think I would prefer his compared to her’s)

No cleanse but that’s okay, not all healer heroes need cleanse. I wouldn’t pull for her but wouldn’t be upset if I got her (though not sure if I’d level her or Raffaele first, already have Ariel)

3 Likes

What are you referring to specifically?
The innate ability will overwrite the previous one if thats what you’re meaning?

But it executes as a multipler. So healing goes up by a factor of 1.1
E.g. instead of being 40% healing it becomes 44% healing

1 Like

This was the same question I was wondering.

I don’t think the 42% health cap is needed. Why not let it be uncapped? For a 5 star HOTM, I would have expected 42% healing plus changing the tiles. She would be comparable to Rat then. This seems like an artificial hindrance (which I guess is the case with more recent HOTM).

Has anyone experimented or done the math on whether Alexandrine is preferable to Jott? If you could stack the two, that would be great, but I know you can’t.

Why release a second blue tile alterer and not reserve this for a different element?

I have Kiril and Raf as my blue healers, so another (non Ariel) blue healer is not high on my list. I also have Jott. Not super excited here, but for those without Raf and/or Jott, I think she’ll be desirable to increase titans (including Mythic) and Ninja Tower scores.

4 Likes

Sorry, I meant if she had her HOTM link activated and then receives a status ailment, would she heal 20% or 11% because of the innate ability and HOTM link synergy?

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t really understand what you’re asking.

2 Likes

He’s wondering if the 10% received per status ailment stacks with the 10% healing increase of the element link.
And if it stacks, is it 10% of 10% = 11% or 10% + 10% = 20%.
I would assume it doesn’t stack

3 Likes

HOTM casts her special and currently has the following buff:

In the next turn, enemy GM hits the HOTM and she gets a status ailment.

When she gets the above innate ability, since she already has the 10% increase in healing, that means (as you mentioned above that it is x1.1 healing) so she will heal 11% and not 20% (10%+10%), right?

I assume it would be the 11% but just checking, hope this example clears it up

1 Like

Oh right.

Not sure tbh
 I don’t know how they stack but I believe they are all multiplicative
 So would be 11% in the case here.

Also have other effects like:

• Buffs (Triton)
  • Troops
  • Emblems

Which I believe are all multiplicative.

1 Like

Hey Guvnor, i think you left out the attacking side of Alexandrine’s special skill affecting shields. Just the defense side is there

1 Like

tis there now thanks.

1 Like

no prob. Wanted to make sure all the info was there

Not overly excited about this hero.
27percent heal for all plus uncapped by shields would be preferable.

I’m shocked that there still isn’t a type of “bring back from the edge of death” healer in the game that would heal for 70 percent for example

Actually Raffaele does this job quite well. Even though his heal is not 70% directly, he can bring back in the game almost dead heroes.

6 Likes

Thanks, forgot about him

Sadly, to me old hotms are basically unattainable

1 Like

So basically how she works is:

• The elemental link bonus works like the one from troops. So assuming she has 20% heal and 1000 max hp, she normally heals 200 hp; but with the elemental link she would heal 200 HP + 10% of 200 hp so 220 hp in total.

• Now for her passive, whenever she gets a status ailment she heals herself 10% max hp. So again assuming she has 1000 max hp, for every ailment received she heals 100 hp. If she has her own elemental link active, she would heal 110 hp.

• Now her passive looks meh at first but is actually pretty powerful. Every hit from Bera minion applies two status ailments (poison + immunity to new minions) - which basically means every hit from Bera’s minion heals her 20%. With many moths on map she can heal from critical condition to full hp in but a few minion slashes.

8 Likes

I agree 100%, all the little ailments will become much less enticing when this passive rolls out. You are being conservative with the 1000 HP estimate for simplicity’s sake. But to gain around 130-150 HP per little ailment turns the little niggling ailments into benefit. A clear Bera counter.

Hope it stays at 10%

Curious to see how good she is as a flank to a red tank on defense, could possibly make them viable again, -47% accuracy is huge.
No real conflict with Jott here as he is too fragile for defense.

Still prefer Jott on titans but she will certainly be a viable alternative to Jott there.

Yup, her maxed, unemblemmed version heals for about 170 hp per ailment, so it’s 340 hp per each Bera minion’s hit.

2 Likes

With the passives like her and Elradirs, Devana and prof. Lidenbrock as a whole you can quickly assume that they are designed to take advantage of Bera. Especially since most of them are HOTMs I predict that Bera would be hard beaten down and thrown away from the ‘meta’ in a couple of months.

However, I like this design. I was on the verge of ascending Raffaelle, but now I am hesitating again.

3 Likes

How do you know they won’t stack?

1 Like