This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the September 2021 HOTM, Alexandrine.
All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!
Don’t get attached
Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.
It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.
So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.
Alexandrine Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)
Element: Ice (Blue)
Innate Resistance: Resist Healing Ailments ( )
This hero has an innate reistance against status ailments that affect Healing.
Health Recovery per Status Ailment
This hero recovers 10% health when they receive a status ailment.
Mana Speed: Average
Special Skill: Shimmering Shield
health for all allies. 10%
- Recovers an additional
health per each Ice shield on the board, up to 42% health in total. 4%
- Alters the critical chance or accuracy of all Ice shields on the board. When an attacknig Hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced with +54% critical chance. When a defending hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -47% accuracy.
- Element Link gives +10% increase for any healing received for all Ice allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
Avoiding Overspending & Heartache
Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?
Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.
It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
- 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
- 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
- 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352
Putting that in Perspective
27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
- [WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.
For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:
🧪 The Beta Beat (V37, V38 & V39) – Advanced Hero Levelling, Future S4 Heroes, Hero Balances, Future HotM's, Non-S1 Costumes, Starfall Circus Heroes + Event -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta