šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the September 2020 HOTM (Bai Yeong)

Liked him too. Demands thinking and smart gameplay. No overpower ā– ā– ā– ā–  like what we have been seeing lately.

1 Like

I like heroes that need micromanagement rather than mindless pressing of buttons. That usually hits their defensive capabilities, though.

In theory, this hero could be a great offensive hero even at 3/70. Imagine if you could make Jabberwock just whiff almost every single time.

But as anyone whoā€™s played the board enough and had big cascades hurt them knows, 1 turn will be a nightmare to time correctly. Too risky to waste a spot on.

Thatā€™s three underwhelming HOTMs in a row. Guess Iā€™ll build up what Iā€™ve got and reconnect with Costume and Season 3 portals later.

1 Like

Hmm, itā€™s looking like I might be able to go f2p until at least October.

5 Likes

I thought sic was sickā€¦

Nothing. Itā€™s like this hero is being started probably where heā€™ll be released ā€¦ they just saved you the nerf of ā€œhits threeā€ and ā€œ3 turns ā€œ and the thousands of posts on threads to make him absolutely useless

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it hard to use that together with this?

1 Like

Even F2p will save there free gems on this crappy HOTM. Unbelievable how you would even put that hero in writing

2 Likes

I guess I have to save my coins and keys untill at least October.

4 Likes

probably best for someone already chargedā€¦They miss and dont gain mana back that turn. but wont deep dive until after the hero is adjusted three times before then.

1 Like

For that kind of slim chance like that?
Itā€™s a really no for me. Better take another Joon to snipe that. Rather than this HOTM with only tickle damage :joy::rofl:

Thatā€™s why the Mana stop and Blind mechanic is not working good to each other.
Cause you never put Hel and Drake skill to same 3 heroes together :sweat_smile::joy: unless Thatā€™s the only Heroes left

1 Like

i would jump all over this hero ā€œas-isā€ 3:2 Ariel - Fenrir - Malosi - Bai Yeong - Drake

no one is asking you toā€¦let Grave, Tel, Vel, Finley fire and burn down Joon et al.

none of it matters now anywayā€¦12.5% chance hero is released as-is

1 Like

This hero looks to be another Neith, with effects that dont synergies together.

Also if the idea is to have a niche offense support hero, with the 1 turn duration of the effects, the ult should be at VF, because fast doesnt make it a guarantee to have the effect before another Fast/Average defending hero. And even VF ult is, in reality a ā€œFast/Averageā€ ult, because you NEED to time the ult by waiting for the perfect moment.

So rephrasing my previous point: no point in having this 1turn effect ult at Fast: when you wont always have it ready for when you really need this hero to shine and when you do have it ready, you are sitting there waiting making this ult Average/Slow even.

Edit:
They could make him Average, up the dmg to 300% and have him do the same things but with the addition to:

-Forces the target to fire their ult.

This way the 1 turn no mana block, has more sense. And the Bai Yeong ults is still on the niche side, as you dont want to use it on Healers/defensive tanks because it would be most definitely wasted.

They want to make Neith look better in comparison.

1 Like

Or make it like Hel, avarage hit-3 and mana block-3 for 3 turnā€¦

1 Like

Average heroes get slaughtered by GTV and since the minor adjustment to Tel/Vel did nothing to change meta that is a big risk putting 6 darts into ā€œanotherā€ average yellow.

2 Likes

Are looking for another threadsā€™ war? :face_with_monocle: