šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the September 2020 HOTM (Bai Yeong)

This hero seems like they need to be very fast if theyā€™re only hitting 1 target :thinking:

1 Like

Lol GTV is not as strong as before now after the live update.
Even with a bad board you can now still win.
So, I donā€™t mind another Yellow Hell HOTM. That would be fun.

This feels like:

ā€œTime to put the next three heroes in beta, whoā€™s got September?ā€

"uh-ohā€¦ uhā€¦ I did?

ā€œAnd?ā€

ā€œI forgotā€

ā€œWell just type something up, weā€™ve still got three months to fix it.ā€

8 Likes

I guess SG knows that after this nerf many players wont spend gems for a while, so they decide to release 3 useless hotm for this summer and they keep good hotm for this winter when whales will come back

coz yeah even if many whales are crying and saying they ll quit, we all know that its like drugs,they can never quit and will come back soon :joy: :rofl: :moneybag:

3 Likes

What is this hero supposed to do?

Sniper? Too weak
Blinding heroes? Ok, but 1 turn and fast mana?
The tank will have a good chance to go off before that.
Blinding any other hero might require precise timing; setting off a cascade ruins it, waiting too long kills your hero.
95% less accuracy sounds nice on paper, but if it stays at 1 turn, it becomes too much of a gamble.

Status ailments from minions? Which minions do that?

The element link is nice.

Overall, Iā€™m not impressed at all.

2 Likes

so this will be the fourth utter trash HOTM in a row prediction the fifth sixth and sevent HOTM in a row will also be trash. forget ever seeing a good HOTM for some time the developers are obsessed with trying to make people waste their gems in the Tavern of legends. Never again will we ever see a an average let alone good HOTM.

With the vela/telluria/clarissa nerf, malosiā€™s use is becoming more limited (only against bk). And JF got nerfed. Grimble was meh to begin with.

So really, we havenā€™t had a decent HoTM sinceā€¦ wellā€¦ Neith. ROFL. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Looks to be interesting offensive hero, but being a novelty thatā€™s hard to imagine; expecting some tweaks in beta on this one.

I like her the most of all the new heroes, although part of me dislikes that her utility very much overlaps with what Malosi brought in (shuting down a single hero basically). Seems weird for two consecutive HotMs.

And the innate ability looks to be very weird. Anti Salmon only? Canā€™t see anyone bringing her to Kvasir battles.

ā€¦ aaaannndd the power creep dies after Telluria. Make this hero very fast

Suggested change: 95% the target canā€™t gain mana for 1 turns. [sic]

1 Like

Hear me out.

First of all, he needs to be very fast, like, yesterday. That was mentioned multiple times, and his power level would be on par with Malosi.

But second, and more importantly:
Remove the ā€œcanā€™t gain mana for 1 turnā€ effect.

You make a hero that essentially makes an enemy fire a dud for one turnā€¦and then prevent them from getting mana to fire that dud? What?

4 Likes

Ok important things now.

@Beta Testers,

Is this true that this is going to be the long awaited first 5 star Panda?

3 Likes

Thinking more, I do like his potential as a yellow to bring against Ursena. Maybe run a 3-2 team with Bai and Woolerton as yellows and three heavy-hitters strong against the flank. Ursena is squishy enough that you can run 3-2.

Iā€™d say bring the blind up to 2 turns and keep the damage/speed where itā€™s at. That puts him more in balance with Malosi. One turn is just too risky to time effectively.

-95% accuracy and -95% healing for 1 turnā€¦imo, it would make more sense to make it -100% for 1 turn or less % for more turns. Like -70% or 3 turns or something. SG doesnā€™t like 100%

That hero just made me realize that they put all pandas and asian heroes to be Holly/yellow :thinking: curious

2 Likes

I like itā€™s potential. After reading I though at very fast it would be super useful, glad I saw other people think the same way. Super versitile but you have to plan:

Big hitter about to fire? Hit them and itā€™s a 95% chance to miss!
Ariel or Kunchen about to heal the team? Fire on the hero you DONā€™T want healed
About to fire off a diamond and fill up someoneā€™s mana bar? 95% mana decrease, blast away.

The special skill defense for 4 turns for all holy is great too! We need more heros that make you scan the board and not just ā€œauto-raidā€.

Underwhelming for sure. Damage should go up. Doesnā€™t have to be full sniper but itā€™s too low as it stands. Special should stop for at least 2 turns or she should hit 3. No matter what, sheā€™s not going to be good on defense. Requires to much strategy.

Not all Asian heroesā€¦ Kageburado, Chochin, Mitsuko, Ameonna etc are all not yellow.

But yeah, all Chinese heroes are yellow so far.

2 Likes

On offense, it happens occasionally that an enemyā€™s mana charges at the END of the turn - not from the tiles I just hit them with, but from the 0.5 mana they get from the turn ending.

In that case, you could target the full mana hero, and get some result from the blindness and heal-down. In this case, the mana-stop part of the effect does nothing, because they are going to fire, and the next turn they will gain mana again.

If you target a hero who does NOT have full mana, they CANā€™T fire on the next turn, because of the mana-stop. In this case, the blindness and heal-down do very little.

Other heroes who stop mana or healing do so for long enough for it to matter - even if itā€™s just 2 turns.

If you hit a titan w/ the special, the same applies - either the blindness helps with a single slash attack, or it stops mana gain for a single turn. Iā€™m not seeing a strong effect here.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it, the bolded parts clearly go against each other - if you canā€™t gain mana for 1 turn, you certainly canā€™t charge up and use special skills either. As someone else mentioned, literally the only way for this to work is to have Bai Yeong fire when the defending hero is already fully manaā€™d up. Yes that happens from time to time but Iā€™d say not often enough for this niche skill to be that useful. Plus you probably DONā€™T want them to mana up in the first place anyway instead of trying to counter it later :crazy_face:

Also - why would I ever use this guy over Malosi? Malosi hits harder, has an arguably more useful innate ability (resist def down), blocks status ailments/buffs for 3 turns, AND is very fast on top of all that. This HoTM is already sucking majorly compared to Malosi.

2 Likes