šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the April 2021 HOTM Frosth

Another reason to always try to hold a copy of every HOTM as they can become much more useful down the road than they appear at release

4 Likes

Iā€™m quitting myself from above comparing the beefier minion creators.

Has anybody here talked about the potentially OP synergy between him and winter heroes? His ability stacked with their minion family bonus. My goodness, imagine frosth and krampus togetherā€¦

No because itā€™s not OP. Once you put too many minion makers together they will overwrite each other limiting eachā€™s effectiveness.

Frosth and Krampus will work because of the elemental link. But if you fire Frosth first, then next turn charge Krampus, you havenā€™t done much on offense.

I guarantee Frosth wonā€™t become a common hero on defense.

If winter family bonus stacks with frosth, thatā€™s already a 50% health and attack boost to elf minions off the bat, and that is the weakest of the three minions in this team already.
However youā€™ll need 3 winter heroes to accomplish this. MN, frosth, krampus, Santa (or PiB but winter bonus will be 5% now), Freya (I guess?) Unless you have a reliable minion killer, you canā€™t break this defense easily

Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re getting 50%. Christmas heroes summon a 10% minion. The family bonus is capped at another 10%. So you have a beefy 20% minion. Frosth will add an extra 30% making them 26%.

That defense has a few problems:
1 how will that defense kill me? Unless I have some bad luck attacking, that defense will be too slow
2 Frosth has to fire after the other heroes
3 multiple ice heroes on defense
4 three minion cap
5 we donā€™t see santa mother north and Krampus on many defenses today. Frosth isnā€™t the missing link.

1 Like

Is it? thatā€™s just complicated math. Meh, Itā€™s still 1% more than Noor on average.

Minion teams play stall and they get better overtime, especially with heroes like freya. Theyā€™re quite tricky to play against if youā€™re not prepared

But thereā€™s only one of her. Youā€™re talking about building a whole team to replicate the minions of a hero who isnā€™t even widely regarded as good (especially on defence). Itā€™s probably not worth worrying about - but time will tell.

1 Like

If I were to get lucky and pull Frosth I may want to try him out on my minion team, which previously was: Seshat, Puss, Glenda, Telly, and Queen.

Like someone said above, minions can be quite pesky when not prepared. However, Iā€™m struggling to see where Iā€™d put in Frosth and how heā€™d make the team that much better really.

Donā€™t get me wrong, having no other good blue to use mats on Frosth seems worth it to meā€¦ but would it really be an improvement to my team?.. or would I be getting my hopes up?

1 Like

I can imagine using him in some setups. For example he can make Glendaā€™s minions better. That ability can make those element link minions more than just a little bonus. I dont have a deducted minion team but i use one that relies on minions more than the others. Its Atomos, Telluria, Bertila, Buddy and C. Kiril. I think he would fit that team too and replace Atomos.

1 Like

If they hadnā€™t set the bar so high with Freya people might be more excited about this HOTM.

1 Like

Or, in my case, heā€™s worth upgrading as I donā€™t have a single minion hero.

3 Likes

To me heā€™s interestingā€¦ because of element link too.
Far better HOTM with whom we need to think and to work to understand how to use them better than a typical powerhouse.

To me he is interestingā€¦ IMHO obviously.

ƈ possibile che in futuro ci sia un eroe del mese potenziatore di attacco come miki ranvir o tarlak io sono 6 mesi che gioco purtroppo ho solo wukong non mi lamento perĆ² mi piacerebbe avere un 5 stelle grazie

English is preferred.
It is possible that in the future there is an attack enhancer hero of the month like miki ranvir or tarlak iā€™m 6 months playing unfortunately i only wukong iā€™m not complaining but i would like to have a 5 star thanks

Sgg ride e ti diceā€¦ Devi spendere i tuoi soldi a taverna :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

It occurs to me from all the minion discussion that a hero that consumed your own minions to increase attack, defense and/or health would be interesting. For example, if youā€™re running Freya and Red Hood, having a special that strips your minions and adds buffs to heroes would be interesting. This is particularly true when every hero has 3 minions and your minion generators are charged up. Strip the minions, add boosts to heroes then fire off minions again. I like the thought

Note that Uraeus now also does sand damage against targets with fiends, opening the door for more synergies in the future. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Frosth will buff fiends as wellā€¦

In case I missed it on this a thread but does the minion attack boost impact the poison damage that Beraā€™s minions deal?

1 Like

I think he will work amazingly with Krumpus