Early Information on New Hero of the Month Families [Part of The Beta Beat v42, v43]

Miki and Athena are from the different year so their elemental link will not affect other elements if you do not bring any 2017 or 2019 HoTM, and this will be the result:

These buffs will be on your heroes:
Miki: Athena’s elemental link (+15% attack) + 10% attack Family 2019 Bonus +
Miki’s elemental link (+ 4% Mana generation)
Athena Athena’s elemental link (15% attack) +
Miki’s elemental link (+ 4% Mana generation) + 5% mana generation Family 2019 Bonus

All other Ice heroes will have Miki’s and Athena’s elemental link.
Heroes from different element will not have any buffs

Other notes:
If you would have Hel, Ares, Musashi, Alberich, then their elemental link will not stack with Athena, and this is true for all Elemental Link types. Only one elemental link type can be on a single hero.

If you would bring Frida with you, then there would be two members from 2019 so the +15% attack would be applied on all allies regardless of element.

4 Likes

will this new element link be replaced by current one or they stay and this is new addition one?
i try to find info and not success :grimacing:

You will see the same elemental links what you have now if that is what you asking.

If you are asking about what happens when you have two heroes from the same elemental link type and same family, then if you casted one of then (eg: Fire hero’s elemental link), then the Fire elemental link icon will be applied to all allies (eg: Nature ones too), and if there is 1 turn remaining from that elemental link, and you cast the special of a hero in the same elemental link type and family, then the Fire elemental link icon will NOT be replaced, and the duration will not be reset either.

I hope this answers your question.
If not, then please le me know.

thanks for answer, I didn’t be clear enough, example my Glenda elemental link gives minions to blue heroes, will this elemental link stay and she will get additional el link for HOTM of year, or will be replaced by new el. link stated here up for healing and sje will have just this new one el. link bonus healing
Thanks in advance

You’re mixing up family bonus and elemental link.

What’s happened is older HOTM that didn’t have EL will get them.

Then there will be a family bonus for finished years which extend the already existing EL to all colors not just the same color as the hero.

So if you have two heros from Glenda’s year then all heros get a blue minion not just blue one. There is also a separate bonus of some type for each “year family” of HOTM.

Let’s take this defense for example

Since there are 3 2020 HoTMs (Clarissa, Telluria, and Glenda), there are 2 benefits

• Family bonus of 3 gives +20% healing to the 3 heroes
  • Their elemental link will now be for all heroes regardless of element. So, Glenda gives everyone a minion when she fires. Similarly, everyone gets Telly’s +10% critical and Clarissa’s +30% def vs Special Skills

This is how I understand it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

4 Likes

great thanks, yes i was thinking this will be totally replace existing EL with universe year family bonus.
it was bit confusing for me and i hope u hlep someone else too that was bit confused like me(if any)
thanks a lot one more time

1 Like

if is like that TOL will be on fire :relaxed: and they made their job​:+1: hahha
buff buster tournaments will be FULL of all kind of combinations of HOTM feom same year

This is the case @Liam_K :slight_smile:

It worked like you described in Beta.

Absolutely… And these Elemental Links are undispellable so the attack bonus will stay for 4-6 turns for all heroes.

2 Likes

So, I just need Frida, and Miki to add to Athena and can pretty much destroy fire titans… now only if HA10 and ToL accommodate.

On the bright side, I have Uraeus, and Devana who I take with me against Bera/Freya, so I’ll be interested to see what their family bonus would be. Hopefully it’s not minions because just about every hero already spits out minions… but they’ve already got mana, defense, attack and healing for the previous year families, what could be next? Crit? Def against special skills?

Now I’m getting really hyped over this update. Was thinking that I might even ascend Zulag and Ares and use a team like (red/purple)-Ares-(red/purple)/Zulag/Clarissa, Thats +15% healing for all purples, minions for all, +30% defense against special attacks for all, +15% attack and defense for reds and +5% mana gain for Ares. And all of the buffs they normally do with their specials.

Don’t be so hyped and don’t give 4* mats to heroes that normally you will not ascend, after 3 4 5 months they will nerf and this.

True. I can already see that in the future there will be an update ‘‘Only 1 elemental link can be active at the same time’’

2 Likes

The question is will the mana gain per turn stack or be overwritten? Is that why the mana gain was reduced to a small amount in v42?

Sincerely hope it wont work that way…

Why would elemental llink for blue heroes be applied to all heroes??? Where is the point of being link being elemental??

I am all for family bonuses but not for elemtal bonuses to be applied to all colours…

3 Likes

Don’t be so literal. It is a great idea for a family bonus. Think of it as elemental level bonus is “free” but the giving of the bonus to all colors does require you to limit yourself to particular heros to activate so it’s balanced.

Yeah, I think it will be more of a benefit in defense or PvE since you can go rainbow with multiple HoTMs from the same year.

PvP will be trickier to get multiple HoTMs charged unless you have 2 from the same element.

It is very difficult to gather 3 heroes from the same family, I think it should be simpler … I have to include any hero from any family from 2017 to 2021.

I have more than 250 heroes and I don’t have two from a family.

You don’t need 3 for the bonus. 1 is even enough and with 2 you already get the full element link bonus. Compare that too any other family in the game this is much easier to do…

I can guarantee you getting 5 heroes from any other family for the full bonus is much harder than getting 3 hotm from 1 year.

They changed it to be 2 at least for the bonus. And idk it’s not that hard, I’ve gotten every single HOTM since I started playing and many earlier ones from the tavern.

2 Likes