Early Information on New Hero of the Month Families [Part of The Beta Beat v42, v43]

I know, thanks to my studies I can read
Thanks

But even so I say that it is very difficult to gather the 3 HOTM heroes in the same team.
And it is for me that I have a lot of heroes so I imagine that for an average player it will be impossible.

So this answer only makes me endorse what I said earlier, that it was very difficult to get three heroes together, for a medium level player.

It seems much more logical to me

Thank you.

True but itā€™s hard to have good synergy between them. Though some could work: I have Onatel and Seshat so having 15%+ attack for those two plus not-so-element link for small heal and small mana speed up to everyone is not bad trade, especially since Seshat hits hard already and with attack bonus from someone else it could be nasty. For titans, Seshat + Kunchen and Miki + Frida would also work. But Elradir + Devana, I dunno ā€¦

Only for the element link part, or did I miss something?

The family bonus is there after the first hero?

I stand corrected it looks like thatā€™s the case.

Now I feel like Iā€™m getting old and playing this game too long!

2 Likes

And donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m pretty sure nobody (OK, not nobody, there is always one or two no matter what you do) would complain if the family bonus was easier to get.

Why not, I would take that.

But still, as it is now its the easiest to get family. You only need 3 out of 12 heroes. You get a bonus starting with the first hero. You can summon them over a year out of all portals with the highest odds from all heroes with a family.

You can get them out of the hero academy, also with the best odds (the odds for every special hero are the same there, but there are 12 hotm per family, 5 Atlantis and only 3 from 5 event heroes with a family, so the chance getting one of the 12 is higher than getting one of the 3 or 5)

So yes it could always be easier, but maybe we should be happy instead that itā€™s already the easiest to get. They could have made it like with event heroes, that you need at least 2 for any bonus and 5 instead of 3 to max it out. But as it is now, if you get lucky once you already get something better than before.

1 Like

Nombre posible de la bonificaciĆ³n familiarā€¦ Primates::rofl::smile::smile::smile:
Un disfraz cuenta como bonificaciĆ³n familiar, Ć³ cuĆ”ndo serĆ” Ć©sto para la primera temporada?

Not sure what the 2021 family bonus will be, but a Bertilla - Alexandrine - Frosth (or any mana generating HoTM) could work in Rush Wars and Tournaments

Is there any likelihood that the yearly bonuses will cycle round to mana generation again for 2021? That would explain why the mana gain from those five HOTM was reduced - because it would add up to far too much.

2 Likes

Maybe it is, weā€™ll have to see it in 2-3 months time. But itā€™s stupid, nerfing and effect just to buff it.

Yep, and it could be something completely different too. Iā€™m not very happy about it as it looks at the moment, but as you say, weā€™ll have to see what comes up. Sometimes they do have a plan that becomes apparent at a later dateā€¦ and sometimes they donā€™t.

Imo, the point of Family Bonus is being together with another family member (obviously from the same family). It wasnā€™t Realm Bonus or Costume Bonus. If the elemental link become available to all without any requirement, that is not elemental.

2 Likes

I think in many places your view of the game is too literal.

This is a way for them to boost heros I donā€™t care if the terminology is logical or accurate Iā€™m glad theyā€™re doing it.

If they want to boost, they can correct the terminology. They could change its name to HoTM Bonus and change it so it only need 2 HotM unrestricted by which year they appeared.

I wonā€™t deny it but you were also too literal when intepreting completion as the word ā€œCompletedā€ appear in the MT ranking leaderboard. Though I eventually agree with you on this one. SG scrapped it though. :rofl:

Nb: perhaps you have not been folowing Balbarā€™s thread, there is a person taking literal intepretation to whole other level. He said Raffaele (Channeler), Marie-Therese (Voodoo), or Inari (9-Tailed Fox) cannot use magic simply because they are not part of MT magic class. Not being a mathematician doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t do mathematics, arenā€™t we?

For me to advance in this game has become more difficult than the ā€œSquid Gameā€

I do not know if so dangerous but if more difficult

And what does that have to do with family bonds, you might be wondering?
Well, it has to do.
I have been in many alliances and in most of them there are allies who have been playing for two or three years and have one or two HOTMs.

And what is certain is that many players will not even realize that bonus.
So I do not understand this mania to complicate this game so much, being able to simplify it and that the virtues can be used and not that they are there as a mere decorative object.
I repeat, I have more than 90 5 * heroes and it is difficult for me to join 2 HOTM heroes in a team.

1 Like

On 5* tourney, Especially buff booster, it will be unbalance raid between p2p vs f2p.

The weird thing is for a long time I got the HOTM much easier than I did any other heroes. So my roster is very HOTM heavy. I have only 4 total event 5* (Panther, Chameleon, Finley & Dark Lord if anyone cares :joy:). But from Miki to now Iā€™m only missing 2 HOTM (JF and Zulag, again if anyone cares)

So this is actually a really good thing for me. Yes I get it that it doesnā€™t help a newer player but a lot of the older HOTM arenā€™t what they once were so this is a really good tweak to give them a generic leg up again.

Genuinely looking forward to trying some mixed teams out again, I love getting new opportunities to try and find good combos

3 Likes

If two or more of the same HOTM are used in a team do they each get the first bonus only?

1 Like

Yes. It must be 2 unique heroes for the 2nd bonus

2 Likes