šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes Post-Hiatus Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v26]

I am looking forward to this event.
I am not prepared as I canā€™t make Dragon Attacks for the last stagesā€¦ I started to upgrade my only Forge that can make them to Lvl 19, and it still has 2 days left lol. But we will see, I have hopes that I can do the stages without. I still have other stuff like Bombs that I can use and craft.

If I can do the first 5, I will be happy but if I can do all 6 I will really happy.

For what itā€™s worth, I completed the final stages in Beta (first go) with just 4* Classic Heroesā€¦ Didnā€™t use any items either.

My team was:
Grimm (+15)
Tiburtus
Rigard (+15)
Boldtusk
Wu Kong

Items I took (and didnā€™t use) were:
10x Mini Health Pots
5x Mana Pots
5x Time Stops
1x Miracle Scroll

4 Likes

I will most likely go: 2 red + 2 purple + 1 blue:

Rigard (+8) + Proteus (+3)

Wilbur + Not sure who: Colen (+11) / Scarlett (+6) / Kelille (+4) / Guardian Falcon (4/57)
When I max Falcon, I have 102 Paladin Emblems to use on him, so he will be +4

Miki (4/63)

How do you and others think they will do for those final two stages? And which of my reds should I take along with Wilbur? I do have Boldtusk too but he is only 3/60 and his special only 4/8.

I would say:

1. take in double healers if youā€™re unsureā€¦ they do make a definite difference
  2. Take Wu Kong (or miki) as a tile bufferā€¦ Tiles will do most of the killing not special skillsā€¦
  3. If you got a Debuffer (like Sonya, Caedmon, Melendor or Sabina) take them cause Elena is smack in the middle & puts the counter buff on all the final bosses.

So in saying that I would suggest taking:
Wilbur, Rigard, Miki, Kiril (if you got him) & Proteus.

2 Likes

Thanks
I do have Kiril maxed and he is about +4 or +5 I think.
So I will take him too. This was pretty much my setup for Atlantis Hard, minus Wilbur lol. So I am happy with this as itā€™s one i am used to.

Edit:
Just ā€œtestedā€ by adding these in my team: 3664 overall TP and yes, my Kiril is +6

& I was able to complete all stages in beta with this team, and no items. On the last stage I brought in bombs, dragon attacks, big mana and big health just to be safe, but never had to use any of em.

So it is doable with 70 heroes, even if theyā€™re not maxed or emblemed. Hel helped tremendously by never allowing the bosses to fire, so Iā€™d highly recommend a mana controller in there [if you can swing it].

But the last stage is pretty difficult, so just be sure to prepare your board and SS going into it. If you wanna be on the safe side of things, bring bombs and dragon attacks, mana pots if youā€™ve got a mana controller, and timestops if you donā€™t. Last spot you can use for health pots, scrolls, more mana, or arrows/axes. Itā€™s tough, but doable.

6 Likes

I am lucky to have a few decent mana/special contro:

Proteus
Second Proteus (only 3/60)
Miki
Hansel
Second Hansel (3/60)
Peters
Li Xiu (never use her though)

Appreciate the replies by the way, I feel more confident at being able to do it.
If I can keep my Proteus and/or Miki topped up then I should be fine, I think.
I think I will take Turtle Banners, Mini Mana, 60% Mana, and 20 Minor Health on the final stagesā€¦

Two thoughts/questions:

1. @zephyr1 are you making a new strategy thread for this? Sorry to nag.

2. With AR right around the corner and those shiny returning HOTMs being featured, I would expect spending to be low this month. Having Vela already myself, Iā€™m saving my keys for a future event for extra shots at JF or Telly, but I imagine that even people without Vela will be saving them. I hope that SG wonā€™t read into this too much and take the costume event offline again for more reworking.

You mean this one? šŸŽ­ MĆ©mento costumes quest: The masquerade

Iā€™m not sure enough players know about the future HoTMs. Iā€™m willing to be the vast majority of players donā€™t go on the forums.

Personally, I already got my Vela (who is my first HoTM bonus draw), and itā€™s a tough choice, but Iā€™m using my keys this month because:

1. I like that gambling thrill, and itā€™s better to space it out and get my high now.
  2. I really need that Hawkmoon costume for the challenge event next month. Boldtusk/Gunnar costumes are useful too for the event/raid tournaments.
1 Like

Do you mean something like the Class Trial threads, but for The Masquerade?

2 Likes

I was thinking something in the style of his recurring trials posts. Separating it helps keep the Memento thread cleaner and limited to feedback/updates.

2 Likes

Apparently that is what you mean :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, Iā€™m not sure how thatā€™ll evolve, but Iā€™ll make something as a start.

btw, since weā€™re talking about discussion threads, do you make a new one everytime?

Like for next monthā€™s avalon, will there be a new one or do we get to necro and resurrect the old one from the dead?

So will they give you the actual heroe with the update if you already have the costume from november? I dont know if anyone knows this. Thanks!

Hereā€™s one to start: šŸŽ­ [Jan 20, 2020] Costume Event ā€“ The Masquerade ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

If you have ideas for improving it, please post them in that thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, they will not, please see this post: Costume Chamber is Back - Discussion (January 2020) - #282

Weā€™ve only been through one cycle of the new Challenge Events now, but I was intending to make a new thread each month going forward.

3 Likes

We hope change some players special skils when you fixed there costumes
1 of theme i hope that he is the Obakan is the worsted five star player in the game.
Dealete counterattack and make him damager or something all but change him special skill and make him a real five star player.
Sory from my english.

1 Like

YES, you will get second unleveled Liana.
Then you have to level her and level the costume once for each leveled hero (so 2 times for your both leveled Lianas).

Pulled Joons costume 2019/11/18 (first day of costume chamber.)
Pulled Joon yesterday 2020/12/12 from TC 20.

That is 390 days of waiting.

13 Likes