šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Additional Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

The data that drove this change according to SG was that the combo of Vela with telly was winning much higher percentages than any other combo. So yes it could cause people to switch to another ice hero but that wonā€™t be as effective presumably. Telly is strong for sure but from what I can tell they are happy with that just not the telly/Vela combo

1 Like

Damn, thatā€™s a hefty nerf! Can you convince them to just let us trade her in for any other 5*? :wink:

1 Like

The issue starts and ends up with Telluria. No tank in game requires special attention like Telly.
Most possible way : Stack Red : Vela will hit hard
Secnd option : Stack Green : Gravemaster will hit harder then Vela

So , you are stuck with no options in your hand. Most players of course try to choose 1 and as mono boards have lower chance to get a good board, most loose.

Not tell me as you can explain it to a 6 year old ( old movie anecdote )

Who is to blame on this senario

1 Like

She makes vela look ridiculous now. Has the extra damage has the atk down dispels buff and higher damage outputā€¦

12 Likes

So why donā€™t tellurias make slow mana? Which green tank has such success with Vela, in defense as Telluria? none just Telluria. So I donā€™t know why they only see the problem in 1 hero and Vela is completely complete.

3 Likes

which is why i can agree to losing the fire stuff. Makes it easier to stack red against telly. Problem solved. The first original proposal was fine. It makes vela a better hero and allows to stack red. Therefore making it easier for players to kill telly with tile damage thus leaving specials for all the real threats.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the option being taken away with Vela so now you can stack red /strong colour like you would against other tanks.

Ps. Iā€™m not saying I have an opinion on this Iā€™m just saying the reasons why SG are doing it because of the telly Vela combo winning percentage data

1 Like

actually all green heroes make better tanks with vela flanks. Not as well obviously cause telly is the better tank overall.

1 Like

if u saw the typo just ignore it!! Lol

Give everyone a shiny Marjana cleanser costume to counter Telly so no nerfs are required. Maybe that way we can forgot these annoying nerfs every few months and forgive them for not paying attention to beta testers when Telluria entered Beta :ok_hand:

3 Likes

As Iā€™ve said, I donā€™t have an opinion Iā€™m just saying what SG is doing and their reasons. So I assume they are happy with telly being a strong green tank just not even more strong with Vela.

You are my new favorite person! I would love marjana to become a cleanser

4 Likes

I agree that would an over nerf and I will be upset also. However I donā€™t think SG would ever compensate the players like that. Letā€™s just hope they make a change thatā€™s reasonable so we can go back to enjoying our game. Stay positive my friend

"loOk, tELluRia taNK STroNk. LetS nERf vELAā€¦ "

STOP NERFING VELA IT WONT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS.
its like you have a fetish nerfing Vela when the problem is actually elsewhere. Why the hell donā€™t you just remove Vela all together and lets be done with it.

Beta5 version is a joke. In beta5 Vela is complete garbage while the problem hero Telluria is unchanged. Are you insane?

Firstly: Keep in mind not everyone has Telluria + Vela. That means you are making the hero completely useless for those whom have only Vela. Telluria works with any blue not just Vela.
Secondly: the problem isnt Vela. The problem is Telluria. Nerfing Vela will only take her out and be replaced with another cancer blue like Finley.

Only freaking nerf you ever needed to do ever since you released Telluria is NERF HER DEFENSE STAT. Thats it. Weā€™ve seen tanks that didnt have 100000 defense and all was fine (Ursena, Guin). Nerf Telluriaā€™s defense by 150 and some will look elsewhere for a tank.

5 Likes

@Petri SG first proposal was the best one. Losing the extra damage to fire was a good tradeoff for all atk down. It allows players to stack the strong color against telly so they can kill her faster and makes vela a better overall solo hero. Being able to stack red alone will change winning percentages.

4 Likes

This got to a ridiculous point lol devs are lost

She lost extra damage so why she lost -40% from her direct damage and had her dot inutilized?. Still better than a 3 hit only but the ONLY acceptable change was the first proposal.

They also being scumbags in not touching also telluria.

blaming only Vela only will trade her for another heroā€¦ for gods sake

Make her the same as Zeline damage at least.

8 Likes

When vela was a strong hero I spent money to get her, now you change it like a throwaway. Please compensate me satisfactorily

9 Likes

do very fast mana (vela) extra dmg on red, but on three targets(=gravemaker, =direct+dots dmg)and everything will be fine ā€¦ in defense it will not kill everyone with massive damage, and (SG) will not kill (vela) as a good hero.Teluria needs to be given another class (emblems) magician, sorcerer, but any other ā€¦ but not a knight

If my assumpion about devs thoughts would be right, then the next iteration would be this one with very fast mana. That would make sense as it was the same approach as last time they touched Vela+Telly, first nerf step by step and then start adding stuff to see how the raid data develops.

Honestly, the current option is decent. Fast mana, total of ~400-450 damage to all + attack debuff.
110% is a bit too much of a nerf though, 140% (Zeline level) would be alright.

3 Likes