🏆 Dubhán – 5* Dark / Purple from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Dubhán

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Dubhán, as well as your thoughts on Dubhán.

Dubhán

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1110 1094 2180
4/90 1270 1252 2494
Origin Family
Monster Island Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to negate -100% of the direct damage received from Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Thundering Strike
  • Deals 300% damage to the target.
  • If the target had more than 50% health before receiving damage, targets another enemy who had over 50% health before receiving any damage from this Special Skill. If none of the other enemies had 50% health, targets a random enemy. The damage is increased on each consecutive hit. Each enemy can only hit once.
  • All hit enemies receive 339 Bleed damage over 3 turns. The caster and their nearby allies absorb 30% of dealt Bleed damage as health.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Monster Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1032 to 1030.
  • Defense is decreased from 1017 to 1015.
  • Health is decreased from 2035 to 2022.
  • Damage is increased from 240% to 300%.
  • Bleed damage is increased from 309 to 339, and damage % absorbed as health is increased from 15% to 30%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Plain Hunter Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v67]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Dubhán ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Dubhán.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Dubhán and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Dubhán worth summoning for?

• Would you use Dubhán on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Dubhán ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Dubhán as an opponent?

• Would you give Dubhán Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Dubhán’s character design?

• If you Summoned Dubhán and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Dubhán, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Dubhán when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Dubhán, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Dubhán (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Dubhán), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Dubhán (post release)

:question: Is Dubhán worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Dubhán would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Dubhán’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damge Dealer (Over time with absorb healing)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Dubhán compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Dubhán’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Dubhán’s Base Stats?

Note this means Dubhán’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Dubhán worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Dubhán is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Dubhán is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Dubhán worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Dubhán then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

I was wondering at first why only 240% damage but I guess this answers that question. I’m so used to first hit being the strongest I was quite confused.

2 Likes

Same here. Like the opposite of Anne, but better.

1 Like

Its buffed to 300% now and the healing is now 30% of the DoT. I was pretty bummed out catching this guy out of the 3 featured. I had to read it three time before realizing damage ncreases each hit lol. Even still idk, forva new hero very underwhelming but hopefully im miscalculating… i will find him in raids and wars before deciding if i will level him or not.

He will have to wait for tabards behind phorcys & costume and W3K scorpion lady. Hopefully those consecutive hits get up there in damage!

1 Like

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

He looked really lackluster until I understood that it increases.
But again, I prefer it the other way around, even if this is supposed then to kill the last two, you have no control of who gets the real whack.

Really curios to how much it increases.
Based on tests on Anne i found out that actual damage (not damage output) went down 20% - 50% - 70% - 90%
If it is directly inverted that would mean a hit comparable to 300-360-450-510-570%

That will hurt

1 Like

I cant get a 5* growth hero to save my life, but these guys come out like M&M’s

4 Likes

Screen shot of his damage ramp up if anyome wamts to figure it out. His special is only at 3/8 so its starts at 275%

5 Likes

Nothing interesting, just Anne 2.0
Next page!
Game Well :art:

1 Like

I hope it works like this, if so, and he does in fact hit this hard I will absolutely put him 3rd in line for my dark ascension list of heros… its such a long wait for all elements with no tomes and not enough mats to ascend specific element… but my dumb ■■■ can’t stop pulling in these portals. Ahh well, hopefully he sees ascension within 6 months and who knows maybe even some aethers. Got his emblems at least.

1 Like

This guy is a beast, roughly calculation he hits, 300, 400, 500, 600 and probably 700(havent hit a fifth yet)

Not a one to sleep on

1 Like

Man I want him, yet I pull Hurricane instead. Wrong purple SG! :sob:

2 Likes

He will be awesome against these new 2 and 3 healer defenses ( and offenses)

Oh Hathor and nautica just healed your whole team to full health , thanks! :grin::smiling_imp: WHAM

1 Like

If Kenzo wants him then i am very happy to have him!!! Someone with a roster such as yourself sir, and you’re pulling for this guy? Well then I am very happy to have him! I got Hurricane too which I’m happy about but he has to wait til i get another 15 tabards before he MIGHT be next in line… so, if you have a moment to advise me i would appreciate it! I have Xie (Scorpion chick from W3K portal) and sha earlang queen guowang and the fire journey hero that stacks attack buffs and resurects with damage, point is I have have two journey heros to team up with her for the 6 turns of very high uncleanseable DoT. I was excited to be saving tabards to ascend her & even saved 7 aethers to 2lb her immediately. But then I pulled phorcys with his costume, a hero I’ve wanted for a bit but I’m happy to wait & get him the first time his costume appeared! Now I’m torn between them, and now even more so! Is this guy good enough to ascend before either of those two? Thanks alot!

2 Likes

Cant chose whom to level, Dubhan or Medea… Both looks nice…

I think Medea is better after all

Haha I wanted Dubhan for a new shiny purple toy to play with, but I didn’t chase hard as he’s not a must have. Therefore I stopped immediately after I pulled Hurricane. Congrats on the lucky pulls though! In my opinion the scorpion lady should definitely go first, her utility is unmatched. I would then honestly go C-Phorcys before this guy too, so useful on both attack and defense. I wanted his costume badly and got Medea and Domiventus instead (not complaining though). Again, Xie Zi Jing first for sure. Good luck whatever you decide :smile:

Haha yeah I got my 3rd domiventus and of course phorcys with his new costume. I definitely would’ve loved getting medeia tho, I’ve tried my luck every time shes featured with no luck thus far… maybe the blessing in it is the same as phorcys, hathor too matter a fact (chased both of them hard every time they were featured) and I will get lucky in the 1st portal they feature her with a costume :wink:!

Thank you for responding/giving me your advice for who to ascend first, I appreciate it! I just bought myself an overpriced tomwvof tactics and 3 tabards from the pick your ascension offer today so came back to see what you had to say. Omw back to E&P works to start power leveling the scorpion queen

1 Like

Medea I think, mana control is so useful

Edit & P.S. killing everyone is more important lol and idk how hard this guy hits his 4th or 5th victim, but i really like stopping specials from getting off, its the difference btween winning and losing attles sometimes

1 Like