Discussion about exploiting the Troop/Hero XP Bug

Slander… sure. but then let’s just get SG on racketeering and the cheaters for fraud while we are at it…

I appreciate that you look out for your own, but try and understand the issue. it’s tiresome when you pile up arguments that have already been agreed and moved on from.

No, I didn’t say only two cared. I said only 2 publicly selected names and carelessly threw them out there. You didn’t do it here but people read the game chats too. It’s just as bad.

Anyways it’s dealt with and done, get your last word in and we can both go along our merry way :slight_smile:

Wait, someone got banned just to use a bug?
Thats really an extreme measure to take on people who just take advantage of a weak point.

Can’t they just downgrade their troops and scolding them?

I’m going to leave the judge and jury bit to SG. Surely they can determine whether this was cheating, and act appropriately. (And they have.)

1 Like

We have no idea what action they took, just that they did something, as per mhalttu. I would be fine with either outcome, to be honest. Knowingly exploiting an aspect of the game is, in its definition, cheating. I’ve got nothing for that.

This thread has deteriorated into trivialities. I thank mhalttu for his response, abbreviated and undetailed as it may be, it answers the core question regarding whether something was done. And as was said earlier, they don’t technically owe us anything, explanation or even acknowledgement, so I appreciate the interaction.

2 Likes

Ok ok they cheating. No one deny that.
But put in their shoes. If you have known of this, have you taking advantage or just report it to the devs?

Honestly, maybe i’ll cheat just the same.

As others as already stated, there’s a huge difference between take advantage of a system error and hacking.

I was the one who said that. SG has said differently. It’s their game and they run it.

And if I saw an exploit like this, I personally would assume it was not a good idea. But that’s easy to say in retrospect, of course.

This is not Juvenile. I see a bunch of hypocrites here. I am in the top alliance and have been playing for months. Cant afford to spend huge amounts of monies at once like so many other top players but I do spend every now and then. I agree this exploit did require you to spend money on troops and food, but they also saved tons which we will never be able to save over the long term. We are not asking much, just roll back the free exp to make things fair for everyone. I am already an always C grade player in the so called TOP alliance and now with so many players exploiting this bug they have progressed a few more months if not years which I will never be able to catch up. You know what you have done. I don’t see anything being done to fix this so far.

This is all just the tip of the ice berg.

If you can’t fix it, then make this the NEW normal. Make it faster to level troops. But maybe nothing will be done because all these players also happen to be your top paying customers.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this.
It highlights that just saying it’s been “handled” isn’t enough.

But maybe SG are happy with “dealing” with a couple of obvious culprits and hope that the issue goes away.

saying that SG doesn’t owe us anything (as some have) is quite frankly offensive. they owe us the extent of the abuse and the actions they took when they found out.

Not only for the pool that feel cheated but also for the people wrongly accused of cheating.

2 Likes

There is a confirmed bug that has been available a long time. We now know that people have been able to use this to save tons of gems and get an unfair advantage.

We are paying to compete in this game, both with time and money. For me it is a very important that players that I’m competing with isn’t given advantages that I’m not. I think this should be something held as sacred as in any sport.

I don’t care about blaming or singleing out the ones the that have used the glitch to their advantage. What I want is assurances from SG that they have been able to correct what has been done.

What do they mean with “identified players that who have clearly abused this bug”? How much do they need to abuse it to make it clear to devs?

They say “As others have written above, it was not easy to abuse this bug, especially on higher troop levels.” but how sure are they about this? As I understand how the exploit worked it was saved you more gems the higher level you got. You have to understand that it is in SGs interest to downplay this.

What do they mean with that they have “taken the appropriate action on their accounts.”? Have they been banned? Have they been given a warning? Has their troop levels been rolled back, has they eventual winnings from events and such been taken into account? There are many ways to take action and I am not sure I agree with what SG find appropriate.

The way to assure us is not to just make blank statements saying all is well. It is a start but we still need more information. I am not saying SG is trustworthy or not. There is to much for them to gain by just banning a few of the worst offenders, stating they’ve dealt with the problem and just letting the big number of abusers of the hook and I don’t know SG well enough to trust their word. I need more information and I want to be able to judge if I find the actions taken appropriate or not.

Edit: I don’t mean to but the above into terms of “rights” or “what is owed”. I am with this post telling SG what I, as a paying customer, want. It has to do with what I expect for the money already payed and what I need to be comfortable to pay money in the future. SG can take this information and do what they want with it. It is called feedback and is what the forum is here for.

7 Likes

Just a quick note: I see a lot of times someone saying “SG doesn’t owe us anything”.

This isn’t a free game. A lot of people pay for it. Businesses do owe things to their paying customers :stuck_out_tongue: It’s therefore fair to expect this or that from the game and the developers. Not to design a hero or event or whatever the way we want it, but definitely to keep the game fair, balanced, and to do their best to assure quality and longevity :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Private companies are not public entities. They are not elected. You did not buy a stake. Your purchase of their service or a benefit of their service entitles you to precisely that. Not more. There’s no guarantee of customer service clause. By all means, show them who’s boss. Quit. I’ll wager my house that they don’t care. It’s an insanely common misconception in the age of customer service that consumers have instilled in them a belief that they deserve something more than what they paid for.

You may not like it, I certainly don’t like it. But it’s a fact.

2 Likes

Luckily, there’s also a thing called Reputation. Wildly important when there’s a big competition in some area of business :slight_smile:

It is also well known to happen that private companies do more than what is required by law or rights to keep customers happy. To imply that the complaints has anything to do with what is deserved, owed or anything of the sorts is just muddying the waters. This is about what makes us happy or dissapointed and what can be done to correct that.

5 Likes

So, the question seems to be “Do you trust that SG did their due diligence and addressed the issue?” They seem to have issued bans for abusers. I DO think that rolling back any extra XP gained for more trivial users of the bug is appropriate. That being said, that is my perspective and they have their own perspective. We can be okay with the extent to which is dealt with or we can lodge our complaints. Not sure what else could be done from there.

1 Like

Tempest is right, they do not have any obligation towards us to tell how they treat this situation and the players involved in it.

Buuuut… i can’t see any reason for NOT telling us :slight_smile:

I get the feeling that SG protects the privacy of its players. I’m kinda happy about that. For you. For me.

2 Likes

Sorry rook but I don’t understand what you are saying.

1. if you are talking about outing players that has cheated, well do you actually say that a referee in a football game is violating players privacy when showing red card?

2. very few, if any, are actually complaining that SG should out players. There are many other more effective ways to inform about actions.

1 Like

Not asking for names, i don’t really care. Is it a top player or shabby one makes no difference for me.
Just what they do and if they treat all in the same way.

2 Likes

All I can say is, good luck getting the answers you’re looking for. Confusing public relations with obligation is a very dangerous thing.