šŸÆ [Dec 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

I think the problem is though if they didnā€™t use the blue and purple for the majority of the bosses its be too easy. The other colour ninjas are support and facing just them without the damage dealing worry of cobalt, onyx or their 4 star sisters would make it less of a challenge.

I dont mind it, normally yellow is fine for me, had some bad luck with curses there, it does really expose the weaknesses in my roster though ( which is the same reason I hate fighting blue tanks in war)

They need 4* for green and yellow to balance it.

1 Like

Screenshot_20201219-120357_Empires

Why did I bother with this again? Only 4* crafting materials and battle items at top and measly 25 coins. Should be 250 at least. SGG, you scrooges!

2 Likes

So Iā€™m not exactly happy this event, but Iā€™m too competitive to let it go! As a (mostly, I stil bought some VIPs) F2P, I do enjoy the ā€˜freeā€™ emblems, but other than that, I canā€™t say I like much.
For some reason the game dislikes me getting Orichalcum Nuggets so everyday I farm and farm to get some Tornados. NO FUN! I havenā€™t started my 4th day of the event because I still have no Tornados and I canā€™t risk it.
I made it to the first 3 days with the same team and no curse. Not the best score perhaps (hard to tell since so many people completed the event on day 1).
Last time I managed to finish it so I hope Iā€™ll do it this time also (I still have the free flask from last event). I know they added the chests and the rewards are pretty good (for people like me that donā€™t really want to invest), but hey, we always want more! Itā€™s not just in human nature, is in our players nature!
Not sure who botheres to read this so hereā€™s a cookie!
:cookie:

2 Likes

In general I appreciate the new event and its challenges and everything but ā€¦ Letā€™s be honest, itā€™s only for that top 5% players.

I wish there was an easier version of it for casual players, with reduced curses and nerfed bosses. 3 ninjas destroyed me completely after 20th level and I consider myself an intermediate playerā€¦ Who completes legendary events. So yeah.

Interesting event for top players, poor rewards and organizational aspects though.

2 Likes

Oh man, I retract this! While the oni stones seems less annoying this month, the bosses seem way harder. I have a much stronger roster this time around but I am really struggling with the bosses at around level 35.

Since I am apparently a glutten for punishment, and since it is the weekend where I have more free time, I decided to push on to try to get a bit higher in the tower. Another 10 flags later and I have got from floor 21 to floor 24. Unfortunately Wu, who was instrumental in getting me past the last two levels has now been cursed a second time and I am running out of decent healers.

Gave up on rainbow teams for the event due to the diabolical level of damage, and have switched to 3,2 or 4,1 depending on the bosses and what I have left to play with. Which isnā€™t that much.

Those curses are getting to the point of ridiculous. They seem to appear with every match I make. Make a match to get rid of one and there is another right away, every single time.

The frequency increases as you climb and by the last 5 they are literally as soon as youā€™ve cleared one. If I know I can clear it I started leaving them a couple of turns. Itā€™s backfired a couple of times due to unforeseen cascades but often it buys me breathing space.

1 Like

I am nowhere near the last five levels, so I shudder to think how frequently they are at that point, since it already feels that frequent down in the 20s.

Iā€™m just playing it quickly and not caring what results I get. Iā€™m still putting in more effort than SGG did.

Slash attacks ganging up on unemblemed 4* heroes taking them out, even below level 20. That wasnā€™t happening last time, when unemblemed 3* felt sturdy.

1 Like

Just like the first time, i find Ninja Tower more stressful than fun. Got to level 30something, finally got my 100th coin, pulled a Kailani and decided it was enough (btw, how much frustrating can it be, to grind through a hard trial, earn coin by coin, wait three months and pull Kailaniā€¦)
I keep thinking itā€™s a bit unbalanced that, not even at half of the tower, enemy bosses just nonchalantly one shot my 4* heroes with more than 10 emblems on (mostly all on the defensive path, moreover), even against color. At that point, where iā€™m forced to rely on items, all the interest for NT vanishes. Add to it that, as soon as i started mixing in some 5*, oni stones popped every single time at the corner, where i could set them only spamming tornadoes (so of course 4 of my strongest heroes cursed on a single levelā€¦) and the decision to stop playing was quite natural. Iā€™m not doing it for a bunch of emblems, a Kailani and more stress than a day of work.

2 Likes

Did this for the first timeā€¦ stressful but feels good once is over

4 Likes

Iā€™m continuing the climb up the tower. Hopefully I get a good ranking tomorrow.

Iā€™m spending an hour a day (!) just on this effing Ninja Tower! 6 min per stage, 10 stages a dayā€¦ IMHO thatā€™s disrespectful to a loyal player.

2 Likes

mobs and middle boss are wrong on all graphics

3 Likes

currently finished LVL48,

must stay so far going trough he levels has been much less resource intensive and difficult than last time. Only used minor mana, dragon banner and health potions and revival scrolls. From my perspective difficuly of bosses and frequency of oni curses have not changed.

I am using using either full mono or 4 colors + Rigard for the levels.

The first 4 progress reward chests were underwhelming. Hope the last one has 4* mat or something.

The levels where damage dealers or blue ninjas are in have been much easier to beat, using Jott. His +Att on tiles significatly up damage and enabled me to kill 1 boss outright and work it out from there.

Also I have picked 50 health bonus and 3latern minions and it infact helped quite alot not requiring to many items and healers. Just going damage might not be the way to go for players with a smaller bench. Last time it was much more difficult because I went full mana, attack and crit based on the general recomendations and always lacked enough heal.

Compared to last time, this time I had 2 additional gullinbursti, 1glenda and 1 Bai Yeong. All three of those heros have been really helpful to survive.

Given the current ninja hero boss mix, having an improved Yellow and Blue Bench has been crucial. Green lacks the heros to do good damage, blue does the job more then fine.

Thanks Boolz,
Iā€™m sure that the content Creators will have updated versions for next time round.

Was trying to be plain that the info may not be accurate as it was based on previous ones. And with all EP stuff everything is subject to change.

Hence the disclaimer above the graphics.

4 Likes

Too many oni curses, you kill one, but the next its the same color?!? In the same spot?!? You kidding?!?
Iā€™m at 45 floor but i lose all my best herosā€¦ Emblemed herosā˜¹ļø
The boss are 5 time stronger and my heros receve 100 damage at every 5 turn?!?
Les items, extra damage, more turn , more time to spend for 10 emblems at floor?!?
This its not challanging , its crap event, too many frustant obstacle which make you lose the joy of the gameā€¦
I will give up this event, Itā€™s not worth it :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like