šŸÆ [Dec 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

I agree completely, I just prefer using them on titans :grin:

Believe me, I get that completely. Everyone has their own play style, which is awesome and Iā€™m happy they worked for you.

Honestly, my peace of mind was satisfied when I made Floor 30, which is farther than I made it last time. It may be a while before Iā€™m actually able to finish the tower, but thatā€™s fine because Iā€™m trying to have fun doing it :grin::grin::grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

I had energy left over from the last oneā€¦maybe they did sameā€¦

Weā€™re you done day 1 within an hour or so? Thatā€™s a lot of playing immediately for pretty much no benefit.

Energy or flask???

Flasksā€¦20 characters

sadly not, for my final chest I didnā€™t get one:

2 Likes

Just finished the tower. What a journey it was. Still maintain the sentiment that itā€™s my favourite PVM experience in this game for a long, long while. Final levels really feel like something huge, where you not really plan how to avoid the curses but rather whom you can afford to sacrifice and still be able to crawl forward. Not being able to save the heroes thanks to whom you were able to finish many previous levels really induces some feelings :smiley:

The chests are nice addition but still canā€™t say itā€™s worth playing just for the rewards; the 4 star mat at the top should be guaranteed. For a bi-monthly event that requires this much effort and such a deep roster I donā€™t really understand the greed here. Thereā€™s a lot of top tier crafting materials and battle items in the chest, and I know SG has a high pricetag on them, but come on, I can craft them for free any time I want; it means nothing, hardly even compensate for the investment to get there.

Few tips for those still struggling:

• direct healers are super stars here; take off these Rigard or Melendor costumes and rely on their normal versions; on top levels HoT duration is reduced drastically, they are plain useless
  • 3+2 is my strategy, since most of the levels have two color enemies (sometimes an off color boss, which you can ignore); always take a healer of each color (so yes, two healers all the time)
  • if you havenā€™t done so already, max copies of classic healers, there are easy to get and copies make you not worry much about losing one
  • save the diamonds as your last resort weapons to deal with the oni stones that canā€™t be removed any other way; donā€™t just activate them mindlessly, even if your goal is to reset bad board
  • get rid of the oni stone as soon as it appears, even if that means you lose opportunity to create a super-duper on color combo (unless of course you want to finish in top 100 and donā€™t give a damn about losing your 4th Vivica, but then you donā€™t need my tips I guess).
  • always have a tornado handy; if nothing else helped and you are about to lose your most precious hero, thatā€™s the only way to save themā€¦ doesnā€™t help 100% of time, but thatā€™s the best shot you have; consider doing that when Oni counter is still on 2 to give yourself an extra turn for a setup if necessary

And remember, do not hate. As Cobalt said:

7 Likes

Thanks for the data point, I got insanely lucky it seems. Bummer itā€™s not a guaranteed drop, because for the amount of effort, resources, roster development (and/or spending) required to climb to the top, only a guaranteed 4* mat seems to be an appropriate level of reward (in addition to emblems of course).

3 Likes

Seems like contradictory :sweat_smile:

At one point, you said this ā€œcurseā€ event is your favorite but the next point, you say the level where you donā€™t have to worry about the ā€œcurseā€ is your favorite :rofl:

My favorite part are 5 floors of the last 10 because I prepare 5 mono teams for those last 10 floors (each team used twice), on the last match of each teams, I donā€™t have to worry about getting cursed.

What I mean is in early levels when Oni stone appears, you want to avoid your hero getting cursed, regardless of who that is, just play around the stone to remove it and proceed further.

On the late stages there are so many Oni stones coming in every time you dealt with one, you just calculate if you can afford to lose the one hero thatā€™s going to be cursed if that means you can charge mana for your much needed healer, finish one of the bosses or simply to avoid risk of yet another Oni stone coming in the next turn tagging more important hero, that you may not be able to clear. Like Evelyn + Lianna were my precious heroes on the late levels, but I had to let them go on 49 because I knew I wonā€™t need them on 50, but I will need tornadoes that I would have to use to try and save them.

1 Like

So by level 25 I was just kinda done with the silly tower so I did the thing I didnā€™t want to do and I blasted through it.

I lost Heimdall on level 49 (who had been an absolute godsend in this up until then) so I subbed in Gullibursti for level 50 and got through the final level easy enough. I didnā€™t care about the curses so I just ignored them. Much more enjoyable playing that way :joy:

Anyway for what itā€™s worth the choices I made (and the team I did most of the last 10 levels with) with my final placing below. Iā€™m done with it for 2 months nowā€¦

Agreed on almost every point, except I only brought one healer even in the final levels as otherwise I just donā€™t have enough hitting power. I think past floor 30 or 35 that HoT just really doesnā€™t cut it anymore. Kinda sucks though since costume Rigard is valuable for the attack buff, but better to stay alive than be dead. (or you could just keep crafting panaceas I guessā€¦)

Iā€™ll add a few more:

• bring some hurricanes (if you have them) for the last 5 levels, you never know when an extra board shuffle will get rid of that damn oni stone cursing a hero you just canā€™t afford to lose
  • for blessings, I always prioritized mana generation whenever it was available. You can stack 5 for a total of +25% mana gen in the end. This is truly game changing for the last levels, because with just a lv 11 mana troop, all your fast heroes become very fast, and your slow heroes become functionally fast (9 tile charge), whereas average heroes become genuinely fast (8 tile charge) even without a mana troop.
  • if youā€™re not competing for rankings, I recommend minions as the second choice. I stacked 4 of those to get very beefy minions with 20% HP, which help a lot with the poison floor damage in the later stages
2 Likes

I had to give up at 24 already, dealing with 3 ninjaā€™s at once and having lost most of my healers due to impossible omni stones made it impossible for me. I do not and will not use items for these crap rewards so thats it for me. Since the first I ā€œimprovedā€ 4 levels higher, pretty pathetic I know! Sad part is I maxxed quite some heroes (mostly 4s as Iā€™m F2P) but itā€™s just not enough for this event. Gotta keep in mind next time to not waste an minute on this ā€¦ event.

i must say that this time around i progressed much better due to better understanding.

mostly used few mana potions and some banners and i am level 44 at the moment.

Currently the curses are spead across the team

I enjoy the actual matches in the ninja tower but honestly there are 2 aspects of it that after this one I just wonā€™t be wasting my ti e with it anymore in the future as it just truly isnā€™t worth the effort put into it.

1 - the summons token we get, 1 per match, really isnā€™t worth my time as in most cases I wouldnā€™t get to the end as no others in my alliance would also and we have most members at levels 60 to 73 on average and doing 50 matches for the sake of getting a free summons pull just honestly isnā€™t worth my free time nor does it encourage me to want to spend anything on this event at all.

2 - the summons it self, after reaching level 30 I acquired enough to do a pull and got a valen, really!
I know the summons are random and we donā€™t always get great heroes but on an event such as this ninja where itā€™s expected to spend quite a few days to complete if your lucky to get that far and this event being basically geared more towards the elite players, I would have liked to beleave that 3* heroes wouldnā€™t be part of this summons portal or at least not the s1 ones anywayā€¦

That just totally turned me off even trying to complete the last 15 levels all together.

But like I said, the matches themselves are great.

Well, like many, i found it really boring.

I donā€™t like a game where only luck decides if your hero will get cursed. Of course I try to get those bombs in the middle but end up once in a while in the corner and then 80% of the time, itā€™s a dead end.

Iā€™m at stage 36, lost only 1 hero so far, donā€™t know if I will go further. I still have 5 attacks today but time consuming, rewards are rediculous, and bombs make it not fun.

Ah, I forgot, got a great S1 4* that I already use to feed the same one (Skilleskull that I even donā€™t imagine to level up).

Will not put gems in this event, first odds are ridiculous second S4 heroes are way more powerful, why would i lose time and money for ninjas that will look weak in 3 monthsā€¦

Last time I did summons (310 got no 5) and this is when I decided to not put a single cents in this game anymore

Just used todayā€™s 10 energy. Now at level 39, but I have no greens or yellows left ( I only have 2 max 5star green to begin with) Still have all my good purple and reds plus a some blues could try mono the rest of the way and see how far I get. Before mixing back in depending on curses.

Really enjoying the difficulty, but I think thatā€™s the ingrained masochist in all Scotsmen.

The curses are what makes the matches interesting for me, spending the extra time to analyse my boards and not get cursed.

Iā€™ve lost only 2 heroes so far due to curses not being able to be used, but over al, I have heroes to cover/replace those that die out.

1 Like

So i just ascendend a new second Boldtusk (i had another one that was cursed in the Ninja Tower) and when i put him in the team he has already a 1/2 curse. Is this normal or is a bug?

That is the problem with this tower. Too many blue and purple bosses which put stress on our green and yellow.

I raise this issue last NT but it seems @Staff_SGG didnā€™t even bother to read.

2 Likes