Danzaburo special skills not OK

I have a big big issue with 2 of Danzaburo skills, the freezing skill and the other one regarding to mana generation for allies!!!, For what exactly is that spell freeze?..because for me how has this player it doesn’t help me at all, because that spell block’s him to generate mana for 2 time, so, is not doing nothing and in that time if l had a strike at him is for sure DEAD! The other spell with mana generation, l don’t see any improvement in mana generation for non of my hero’s during the battle at all. I don’t think is good for something this hero, for sure not at 4* and for sure not for that who has it, maybe for the opponent player. I think the better way to improve this 4* hero is to take out the freeze spell ( that’s for sure), to increase the damage for sword’s spell and to make something to that spell for mana generation. Because other ways is not worthly at all an we spend the resources on him for nothing. Please do something with this hero!
Thank you!

2 Likes

Bottle (the one with mana regeneration also gives a huge defense boost.
And the swords give also 54% blind, which is very powerful.
In fact those 2 are so powerful for a 4* that the third is the drawback spell. It’s like the bunnies that hit so hard and have a drawback. This is a gamble and can either be very good or really bad :wink: .
Disclaimer, I have danzaburro maxed, but not used him often, I only use him in war and not even every war. I think the gamble is fun, but still a gamble.

13 Likes

Dan is just Wu Kong type hero. Very, very powerful but not reliable. Basically a gamble.

As much as I love Wu Kong, all the other “draw a card” heroes make no sense to me. What’s the point of power, if you can’t control it? I prefer less powerful, but at least predictable results which I can put in my strategy.

6 Likes

I definitely see a speed up of mana fill with the mana boost from Danzaburo.

And as the others have posted without the freeze he would be way to powerful.

I have the Wu Kong as well and yes, you are right regarding no sense for few hero’s :grin:

I will watch closer to see that fill mana that you say…

You are right regarding what you say but even like this, 2 time’s block mana l think it’s too much.

And beside that in few raid’s and battle’s the spell with freeze came 3 time’s and of course after that was dead like a bunny :neutral_face:

You may find these two threads helpful:

There was some testing of the % odds of each skill going off (it appears that it is 1/3 each) and the relative merits of Danza’s specials (two extremely strong and one frustrating negative outcome).

Clearly if you NEED swords and get bottle it is frustrating and may feel like a letdown too in spite of it being an exceptional skill. I have him at 4-60 and a second starting second ascension (only eating his brothers so will be a long time, Inari is ahead of him).

2 Likes

You’ll hate him if he freezes causing a painful defeat.

But one day he will wipe the last war opponent and you’ll probably love him for that.

He is not a monk, but you have to pray :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:…hope it will do that one day.

1 Like

And beside that in couple of times in battle’s and quest’s first spell is freezing…w.t.f! I understand that’s a gamble hero but… whatever!

they need to fix the problem of the family bonus don’t work with multiples of the hero. i want to make a Danzaburo army.

2 Likes

The Ewok Horde, just two is fun. never mind five.

They’ll never lift the family limit but if dreaming…

Good luck man with this hero…imagine you have an army of Danzaburo and each one at the first spell give freezing, fur sure you will smash the phone :smile:

3 Likes

As a long time Danzaburo user, my personal opinion is that he is definitely worth it.

For a very long time, Danzaburo was on my main rainbow team as the yellow hero. I leveled him to 3/60, and very luckily his special skills was maxed. Then one day, I pulled Li Xiu from Atlantis. I slowly replaced Dan with Li, and do not use him regularly anymore. But I still use him for war; and whenever I need to stack on yellow. So altogether I have been using Dan quite extensively for more than 2 months.

I mentioned that he is worth is, and here is why. First of all, you have 66% chance to get one of the two beneficial spells, sword or bottle (and bottle definitely works as intended). Only 33% chance to get freeze. I know, it can be super frustrating and annoying to get freeze, and may even cost you a battle. But the point is, you have far more chance of getting a beneficial spell. Freeze serves as a way to balance Danzaburo; otherwise he would be too powerful.

On top of spells, Dan has very favorable HP. At 3/60, he already has a little over 1000, which is better than many other 4* heroes. That can even make him a quite decent tank if needed.

In conclusion, despite the occasional frustrations from freeze, I have to say, in all my time of using Danzaburo, he has brought far more advantage than drawback. I eventually replaced him with Li because, yes, I still preferred some guarantee. But Dan will always have a place in my roster.

Thanks for reading.

8 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and yes, l will keep it in my roster too but for sure l will not spend extra sloots for him…just update him at lvl max and that’s it…and yes, the decision l’v made is to keep him just in wars. Thx mate again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome!

I also just wanted to add that, even if you get Freeze, it is not really a drawback. Because it does not hurt one. You just don’t gain mana for 2 turns, and you can still do normal damage.

1 Like

You just have to know when to set his special off. Still a PITA but works when timed right. Given that the gamble plays off on your side.

Probably better for your heart to only put 5 Danzas in defense… :thinking: :wink:

1 Like