Costumed Elena - 5* Fire / Red from Season 1

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Elena, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Elena

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Rogue
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume

(So far no secondary costume is tested in Beta.)

Origin Family
Costume Chamber Classic
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sword Barricade
  • Deals 172% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 155% of the damage received for 5 turns.

:hugs: Classic Family

:balance_scale: Balance Updates

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Elena ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Elena.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Elena and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Elena worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Elena on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Elena ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Elena as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Elena Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Elena’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Elena and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Elena, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Elena when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Elena, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Elena (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Elena), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Elena (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Elena worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Elena would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Elena’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Riposte / Counter Attack

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Elena compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Elena’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Elena’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Elena’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Elena is better ?

• Normal Elena
  • Costumed Elena

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Elena worth giving Fighter Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Elena is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Elena is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Elena worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Elena then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

I have a question about her. I don’t have her so can’t test that.
Is that true that C. Elena as a rogue can first reflect damage back to the attacker and then dodge that damage? Is that how it works?

1 Like

I have this costume. I will try to test it.

1 Like

she dodge then she dont make counter damage

1 Like

Rogue is a terrible class for counterattack heroes that’s why I use regular Elena instead of Costume

Not saying she’s good or anything but counter damage are usually aimed at tiles while you’re on the defensive. If someone dies because they use a spell while counter atk is active, then it’s a calculated death that can help them. Many times unforseen tile cascade on costume Elena just wreck me beyond all recognition. Without costme? Not so much

How about C.Elena in attacking team? AI can’t decide to not target her, because she has a counterattack on her.
Somebody here claimed that C.Elena can reflect damage back and then dodge it. Seems strange to me, but just want to make sure.

I don’t have C.Elena, but I tested this with Jackal, Boril and Scarlett. No damage = no counterattack. I have no idea, why somebody claimed that rogue and reflect work together well, because a hero can dodge and reflect damage at the same time. No, they can’t.

I love her on attack. She is my favorite riposte attacker. I keep Ferent and Azmia for D more. I will put c-Elena next to Lancelot often for the A boost and mana boost. That’s certainly not an exclusive pairing though.

I rarely use her in base form. With emblems the survivability issue is improved.

:beers:

1 Like

Question:
As she is my first fighter 5* at least for now i will give them emblems, wouldn’t be the best path, as counter, which will rise mostly her health? Also do you really think, that costume is better? I lost many times because of her coming back on field and, like it is written higher, rogue dodges possibly of counter. Thanks for help

About emblems i cannot say what’s the smartest, but i have seen plenty of Att>Hp>Def builds for maximum damage and counter. I have her HP>Def>Att for survivality since she is mostly for pve for me. I’m using the costumed version 95% of the time since in active play i don’t want to count on that revival chance and the counterattack is truly massive! Great help in towers etc., where the opponent hits hard. Also great in all VF situations.

In normal raid attacks, i don’t use her much because of her speed, battles are over for me before she would get to shoot.

In defence i find the costumed more effective aswell… It doesnt need to be a huge cascade, since the tiles make big damage on low defence Elena and the counter attack eats HP away fast.

1 Like

Thank you for so complex answer :smiley:

The Academy gifted me another costume and while there could be better outcomes it’ll still be a fine addition to my collection.

5 Likes