Challenge Event Ranking Target Scores Guide

I guess when you have been playing for 3 years, it’s one of the side effects, having loads of iron. :grin:

2 Likes

hmm I dont know why that works for you. when I experiment with wu, unless the board is loaded with red tiles, my specials end up missing and i lose a few seconds. for whatever reason i always get a higher peak score going mono red than using +wu.

I spent the bulk of my time fighting on the 4* track this event.

I have been playing around a ton with red:

tried: boldtusk, wilbur, lancelot, gormek, scarlett
bt, wilbur,lancelot, rudolph, scarlett
tried with wu instead of rudolph
etc.

I also tried all blue with kiril, grim, nord, sonya and triton? (name is slipping me) and then also with wu instead of triton . found it worked a little better on levels with Finley, but nordri has such a dumb animation lol

found that gormek when paired with lancelot was enabling the highest scores.

That’s why heroes like Falcon, Evelyn, Frida, Athena, Panther are widely used in events… Falcon is the only one I have though :rofl:

1 Like

The only time I fire Wu is at the beginning of the boss wave. I hold off his special until then.

it is really weird, I am always out of food every day. and I struggle not to end the day with max iron.

I remember going through phases where the exact opposite was true

something to remember for next time! I am hoping sg surprises us out of nowhere with the ability to turn all animations off. I will have 3 or more nordris ready for the 3* track if so.

great, thought-provoking discussion here on the cost-to-resources of placing in various tiers.

For me as well, as an (almost) FTP (technically C2P because I spent exactly twice on two deals, but not planning to spend more unless it’s really good), getting into the top 10.000 on Rare and top 5000 on Epic already takes a lot of resources - and more importantly, time. Like others, I had to check regularly - I slipped out of top 5000 twice in Epic before placing high enough to feel safe.

Haven’t tried very hard yet on Legendary. I’ll see how I do next challenge event.

I’m not sure how useful this table is as there seems to either be power creep or sizable difference from event to event. Scores that got me to a high tier in previous events wouldn’t cut it here. I’ve kept track of my scores for a while now so rare:
Wonderland 11/19 676207 #5828
Grimforest 12/19 755214 #82
Teltoc 1/20 738034 #693
Avalon 2/20 697005 #3503
Corellia 3/20 755154 #757

Epic:
Wonderland 11/19 885809 #1006
Grimforest 12/19 855145 #3444
Teltoc 1/20 936809 #350
Avalon 2/20 944124 #374
Corellia 3/20 969404 #67

So a higher score on Avalon got me a lower place and essentially the same score that got me top 100 in Grimforest barely got top 1000 this month

2 Likes

I’m near the cut off in both rare and epic so I’ll post for reference

1 Like

cut it close there govnor!

Unfortunately all these events finish at 04:00 my time… means I’m effectively flying blind for the frantic final 4-6 hours of an event…

Basically I get my scores in order then have to leave them be… then wake-up on the Monday Morning & see where I ended up.

that would ruin my sleep for sure! it would be interesting if they separated out the user base into timezone clusters so it ended at 10pm Sunday for everybody. lol less competition too perhaps

Not really possible unfortunately… cause the players who finish in the latest time zone would get additional time to play the event…

Personally I’d prefer it if each challenge event rotated by 4 hours…

So this one finish at 04:00 my time; next one at 0800, then 1200 then 1600 then 2000 then 2400 then back to 0400

That way everyone gets a fair (and unfair) bit of the cherry.

1 Like

no I meant simply that you would be in a separate group of users altogether - the ones with similar time to you.

my biggest pet peeve with this game is that the titan clock rotates an hour forward each time, I often lose out on an attack simply because I am sleeping during normal sleeping hours! If it were like that for events, meh.

Once you get the hang of it, top 10000 in rare and 5000 in epic should not take very much effort at all; at least not much more than actually completing the event.

It’s totally doable with just a single run through the stages if you liked.

2 Likes

The usefulness in the chart is knowing the relatively differences expected per stage.

Stage 7-8 has more points available than 4-6. Stage 9 has more than stage 7-8.

10-12 has less than stage 9 but more than 7-8. And so on. It’s a good guide to knowing which stages to replay.

Placing in those tiers in a single run is still totally dependent on board RNG and item usage.
I always do a single run through at the start of the event (so no retrying until I finish 15), but do go for the good boards if they appear. I usually start around rank 25k (end of the 1st day) and improve from there.

I don’t want to completely disregard your table, but I do believe that it would be way more useful if they would show what is potentially the max score to get per stage.

1 Like

But that’s only because you don’t want to waste items on average runs, no? If you were going to say “I’m just gonna make a single run through”, I’m sure you could get top 10000 if you wanted.

In terms of max potential score per stage, I simply don’t have enough data to be certain.

If I am correct, you are a top 10 ranker, are you not? or at least top 50? So maybe this chart isn’t useful for you, because you have way more experience than I do and also have different goals.

But just creating this chart has even been hugely helpful to myself for knowing which stages to replay. I kept this tab open throughout the duration of the event, to cross-reference, and I honestly think my guide scores are very very good.

The amount of effort/luck required to reach the target scores I have are roughly the same every single stage.

Unless I’m misreading the chart it seems to be making suggestions for people who are aiming for particular reward tiers. I’m saying that that is very inconsistent from event to event. And I suspect that this is due to power creep. Since my Grimforest score we saw the release of the costumes, new event heroes and the S3 heroes who had big effects on my challenge scores. As a result, past results are not a good indicator of what scores are needed to hit reward tiers in the future.

And @MW4 definitely has point regarding the power creep. I do believe most events are pretty much equal, but seeing that this month it took 10k more points to get top 10 than last month shows the competition is getting harder. I only assume this goes for the lower tiers as well.