Buff Classic (S1) 5* Heroes (and their costumes) with the S5 Release

With season 5 just around the corner, I believe now is the perfect time to look at an across-the-board buff for season 1 heroes.

To look at exactly why S1 heroes need a buff now, more than ever, we must take a look at the power of the classic 5* and see how they compare to their 5* counterparts in the upcoming S5.

:test_tube: Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

As can be seen in the above link, the average power stat for the upcoming S5 heroes comes out to 827. As we can see in this helpful post by @garanwyn (Card Power Calculation), 90 of those points can be attributed solely to the fact that they are 5* and an additional 35 points can be attributed to having their special skill leveled to 8/8. The rest of the card power is due solely to stats. Therefore, if we exclude these 125 power points, we can look at the contribution to card power that comes solely from stats. In the case of the S5 5*, that means 702 points come from stats.

Now let us consider the S1 5*. The average power stat for Classic 5*, comes out to 755. If we exclude the 125 points given to all 5*, we see that only 630 points can be attributed to stats.

What this means is that there is a 72 power point discrepancy due solely to stat differences.

To truly understand how much this is, some context is needed. For that, let us consider the power of S1 4* heroes. The average power of a classic 4* is 642. Using the reference for card power above, we can see that 50 points are attributable to them being 4* and that 35 points are attributable to them having their special skill at 8/8. If we exclude these 85 points, we can see that S1 4* have 557 power points from stats alone.

Therefore, we can see that the stat difference between an S1 4* and an S1 5* comes out to 73 points. This is almost the exact same difference between an S5 5* and an S1 5*.

It is due to this massive discrepancy in power, that I propose all S1 5* be buffed to remain relevant, if not necessarily competitive.

• Season 1 Legendary Heroes Should not be Buffed
  • Season 1 Legendary Heroes Should be Buffed & I have Voted for this Above
  • Season 1 Legendary Heroes Should be Buffed but I have no Votes Left

0 voters

Now, I understand that S1 heroes will never be at the level of premium heroes from portals, and that is not what I am proposing here. I merely want them to be viable as they are the 5* heroes all players have ready access to.

To that end, I have crafted a proposed buff for each S1 5* (and their costume so as to maintain a similar balance between the costumed version and the base version).

As a baseline, I tweaked the stats of each S1 5* to bring them up to 768 power (average increase of 13 points, but still leaves them below S2 heroes). To do this, I started with a 1.5% increase to all stats, and then tweaked them from their to better align with their role. Their costumes have therefore been boosted to 809 or 810 power as stats permitted, which puts them in line with where HOTM will be by the end of the year at the current increase of about 1 point per month.

Proposed Buffs to Dark Heroes

Domitia

• Stats: 725/677/1349 → 735/696/1370

• Deals 440%455% damage to the target

• The caster and nearby alliesAll allies get +94% defense against Holy for 4 turns.

• Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemiesall enemies.

A small bump to Domitia’s damage gives her a bit more punch. But mainly this buff makes her a stronger support hero that is a worthy 5* equivalent of Sonya/Caedmon by expanding her dispel to all enemies. Since she is Average to their Fast, I also expanded the defense buff against Holy to all allies which if nothing else, makes her a more valuable early hero for titans.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Domitia Costume

• Stats: 778/724/1411 → 788/738/1447

• Deals 400%420% damage to the target.

• The target and nearby enemies receive 324360Poison damage over 4 turns.

• Cleanses status ailments from the caster and nearby alliesall allies.

Slightly larger bump to her damage than Domitia’s and an increase to her poison as well. The main draw though, is that she cleanses all this way.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Obakan

• Stats: 762/638/1328 → 777/647/1362

• Deals 310%240% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• The caster counterattacksand nearby allies counterattack with 115%100% of the damage received for 4 turns.

This makes Obakan a hit 3 hero dealing equal damage to all tagets rather than minor damage to nearby enemies. Off of 777 attack, that should be decent damage. As single hero riposte doesn’t work very well, it also trades some riposte damage for extending the range to include nearby allies so that the riposte can have some impact on offense or defense.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Obakan Costume

• Stats: 775/712/1426 → 789/723/1475

• Deals 182%195% damage to all enemies.

• The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 85%100% of the damage received for 4 turns.

This proposed buff increases his riposte to 100% which makes it more impactful, while also tying cObakan to normal Obakan. A slight bump to his AoE damage helps him be more in line with modern heroes and seems reasonable if his base form is getting a buff.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Quintus

• Stats: 747/636/1380 → 760/650/1399

• Deals 270%300% damage to all enemies.

Quintus is simple as a straightforward AoE hero. However, when we have fast heroes doing more damage than he does, a change is needed. Obviously, a bump to 300% does not push him over the top, since Killhare does the same damage in the same color, at higher speeds, and Lu Bu comes pretty close, with fiends as an additional aspect to his skill. That said, the bump to 300% damage does enable him to be closer to modern 5* without surpassing them.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Quintus Costume

• Stats: 804/663/1472 → 819/677/1494

• Deals 235%265% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -34%-54% attack for 4 turns.

cQuintus gets the same 30% boost to damage as normal Quintus. However, to reconcile with Horghall’s forms and the buffs proposed below, I suggest bumping his attack drop up to -54%. This trades off higher damage than the proposed cHorghall for a lower attack drop, and also lower damage than normal Horghall with a stronger attack drop. As he runs at slow speed, I do not anticipate this being much of a problem for balance.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Sartana

• Stats: 694/700/1382 → 711/710/1402

• Deals452%470% damage to the target.

• The target receives 294300 Poison damage over 63 turns.

While Sartana may have been a strong sniper in the early game, she has not aged particularly well. A bump to 470% damage helps give her some extra punch, while also leaving her below the moder sniper threshold of 500% damage. My proposed buff also ramps up her DOT because a 6 turn DOT is simply too slow in the modern game.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Sartana Costume

• Stats: 685/771/1558 → 699/783/1581

• Deals 532%545% damage to the target.

If normal Sartana is getting a bump, cSartana could do with one. Notably, this bump to 545% damage leaves her below the rarer Dark Lord. However, with her still low attack stat, this keeps her damage relevant since she lacks the secondary effects of modern snipers.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

3 Likes

Proposed Buffs to Holy Heroes

Joon

• Stats: 749/636/1339 → 772/655/1359

• Deals 468%480% damage to the target.

• The target gets -40% accuracy for 6 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

Joon holds up better than most of the S1 snipers, so this just gives his damage a small bump to 480%, which is still below the damage of a modern sniper. Overall, he is not made too strong as he is still really frail.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Joon Costume

• Stats: 782/678/1465 → 813/687/1487

• Deals 488%500% damage to the target.

• The target gets -35% accuracy for 6 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.

Gives cJoon the same bump to damage as normal Joon which still leaves him a fair bit behind the newest yellow sniper in Zhang Fei, with his 530% snipe.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Justice

• Stats: 609/776/1425 → 618/795/1460

• Deals 285% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -40%-50% accuracy for 45 turns.

Justice’s damage was already buffed in the last round of S1 buffs, and her attack stat is low, so I see no need to touch on that. However, at slow speed, her blind could do with being more impactful. Increasing it to a 50% blind for 5 turns, makes Justice actually dangerous if she goes off without a cleanser ready to fire. It also works well to make her more threatening as a tank since it helps her ability to stall.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Justice Costume

• Stats: 706/757/1511 → 731/767/1533

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.

• The damage is increased by 50% per each dead ally.

• The caster gets +24%+28% mana generation for 34 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

cJustice is at her core, designed to be a “last-man-standing” type hero. This change works to enhance that by focusing the stat increase on her attack to give her more damage output. Her damage however is fine, especially if she is the last hero on a team as it then increases to 450% damage to all enemies. The main focus of my buff is on her mana gain, and this was fine tuned to make her more successful in her niche. First, I proposed an increase to a +28% mana gen boost. This can be coupled with the +5% from the costume bonus, the +2% from her mana node, and the +15% from a level 29 mana troop (which is preferred over a magic troop for more attack), to bring her precisely to +50% mana generation. This brings the number of tiles she needs to charge from 12 down to 8, effectively making her fast for as long as her buff is active. Giving her an extra turn of this mana boost, and making it undispellable means she can actually have a decent chance a pulling out a last ditch victory.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Leonidas

• Stats: 731/718/1221 → 755/733/1245

• Deals 415%450% damage to the target.

• Reduces the mana of the target by 40%50%.

• Heals the caster for 75% of the damage dealt.

Leonidas has long been in Joon’s shadow, and this buff attempts to change that a bit. While his damage is still below Joon’s, 450% puts Leonidas solidly in the old sniper range and means he is doing more substantial damage. Additionally, it increases his healing helping Leonidas sustain himself. Paired with an increased mana cut, I can see Leonidas actually being reasonably useful.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Leonidas Costume

• Stats: 767/753/1343 → 792/769/1369

• Deals 390%400% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• The target and nearby enemies get -54% defense against Holy for 4 turns.

• All Dark enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns.

cLeonidas is one of the stronger costumes and doesn’t really need much of a buff, so I kept it moderate, just bumping him up to an even 400% damage. Mostly, he just benefits from the stat buff.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Vivica

• Stats: 714/694/1328 → 724/715/1358

• Cleanses status ailments from all allies. (Now the first, rather than last part of her skill)

• Recovers 44% health for all allies.

• All allies get +63% defense for 4 turns.

Vivica I think actually is reasonably fine as is. What she needs more than anything is extra bulk and the stat buff addresses that. I also rearranged her skill to giver her a priority cleanse to help differentiate her from Rigard, to whom she is often compared, and to give her some way to deal with healing reduction.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Vivica Costume

• Stats: 741/735/1475 → 751/757/1502

• Dispels buffs from all enemies. (Now the first, rather than the last part of her skill)

• Recovers 44% health for all allies.

• All enemies get -44% defense for 4 turns.

Like normal Vivica, cVivica is mostly fine as is. She mainly benefits from increased bulk, but a priority dispel helps her against ailment blockers and Jean-Francois.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

5 Likes

Proposed Buffs to Ice Heroes

Isarnia

• Stats: 797/655/1200 → 809/674/1229

• Deals 235%255% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -44% defense for 6 turns.

When Frigg can (albeit not guaranteed) do all that Isarnia can do, but at fast speed to Isarnia’s slow, it suggests Isarnia needs a buff. For her stats, I largely looked to increase her bulk, which she desperately needs. The extra 20% damage to her special pushes her beyond Frigg’s maximum output.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Isarnia Costume

• Stats: 869/659/1293 ->880/673/1342

• Deals 255%275% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -34% defense for 6 turns.

This gives her the same bump as normal Isarnia. Extra bulk helps her stay alive a bit longer, but it largely leans into her role as a glass cannon.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Magni

• Stats: 793/591/1334 → 808/609/1360

• Deals 420%455% damage to the target.

• The caster and nearby allies get +63% defense for 4 turns.

His high attack stat notwithstanding, Magni’s damage output is really not holding up. Especially with the S5 4* Junaid, creeping up to a 400% snipe, the low 400%s are no longer a viable place for 5* snipers. As such, this pushes his damage to a more reasonable level, albeit still lower than modern snipers. His lack of bulk will still be his downfall despite the slight increase.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Magni Costume

• Stats: 743/732/1467 → 758/746/1507

• Deals 420%455%.

• The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense for 4 turns.

Same buff as for normal Magni with the same rationale. As is already the case, he trades a lot of attack for extra bulk.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Richard

• Stats: 644/817/1260 → 660/824/1301

• Deals 415%430% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• The target and nearby enemies get -34%-39% attack for 6 turns.

Richard is pretty much a tank, and this buff plays right into that. Extra bulk, largely focused on his HP makes him sturdier, while the slightly higher attack drop (using cSkittleskull as a reference) adds to his effective bulk. He also gets a moderate damage increase to put him closer to newer heroes.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Richard Costume

• Stats: 682/862/1360 → 695/883/1388

• Deals 435%450% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• The target and nearby enemies get -34%-39% attack for 4 turns.

cRichard is very similar to Richard, so I gave him the same buffs. He remains the more damage oriented version.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Thorne

• Stats: 638/793/1339 ->653/805/1357

• Deals 490%515% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

Thorne is largely hampered by his low attack stat, which hinders what could otherwise be decent damage. The extra 25% damage boost, and minor stat boost, give him the extra punch he needs to stay somewhat relevant.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Thorne Costume

• Stats: 726/786/1424 → 738/798/1452

• Deals 540%565% damage to the target.

• The caster gets +24% mana generation for 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Given his average speed, his damage could do with a bump since Faster heroes are doing more. This is the same damage bump as proposed for normal Thorne, allowing him to hit hard, if not quite fast.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

6 Likes

Proposed buffs for Nature Heroes

Elkanen

• Stats: 675/784/1266 ->688/799/1281

• Deals 330%350% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• Heals the caster for 38%50% of damage dealt.

Elkanen more than anything suffers from a low attack stat, which is not at all helped by his Cleric class (the class with the fewest attack nodes). This gives him some extra damage while also increasing his healing so that he can make use of his natural bulk to at least sustain himself for a more drawn out fight.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Elkanen Costume

• Stats: 687/862/1370 → 702/883/1369

• Deals 280%295% damage to the target and nearby enemies.

• The caster steals 61%75% of any healing applied to the target and nearby enemies for 34 turns. This effect cannot be cleansed.

Like normal Elkanen, cElkanen is also hindered by a low attack stat. This buff tries to address that, but any significant buff would push his stats too high. Therefore, a damage increase is also needed. However, part of cElkanen’s design is to drain healing and this buff leans heavily into that aspect by raising the amount of healing stolen, extending the duration, and making it uncleansable. This gives cElkanen decent damage, but also makes him a great supporter for heavier damage dealers as it enables him to largely stop healing.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Horghall

• Stats: 657/650/1545 → 666/680/1568

• Deals 280% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -34%-39% attack for 6 turns.

Horghall also got a buff to his damage somewhat recently, and I don’t really expect him to do much damage anyway with that low attack stat. I propose increasing his attack drop to match cSkittleskull’s, but largely, the benefit to him will be beefing up his low defense stat and giving him a touch of extra health.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Horghall Costume

• Stats: 691/694/1669 → 701/721/1705

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies get -54%-60% attack for 6 turns.

Like Horghall, cHorghall also had his damage increase of late. Given his role, increasing his bulk and attack drop are much more impactful to making him a better (if not necessarily great) tank.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Kadilen

• Stats: 696/766/1246 → 701/783/1281

• Deals 190%200% damage to all enemies.

• All allies get +74% defense against Special Skills for 34 turns.

Kadilen is largely a support hero, and this keeps her as such. It gives her a slight bump to damage, though she won’t be a top-tier AoE hero as her secondary ability skews more defensive than Frigg’s and her attack stat is still too low. However, a 4 turn special defense buff helps her better defend against the onslaught of ever stronger damage dealers.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Kadilen Costume

• Stats: 698/830/1397 → 714/842/1424

• Deals 170% damage to all enemies.

• All allies get +45% chance to dodge Special Skills for 3 turns. Each dodge summons a Thorn Minion.

• Thorn Minion has 15%23% HP and 15%23% attack inherited from the caster.

cKadilen is the one S1 costume that already sees regular use on defense, so it is important to tread carefully when buffing her. Largely, her buff will be limited to stronger stats. However, I think a bump to her minions seems fair since I don’t want her to be left out altogether.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Lianna

• Stats: 729/718/1248 → 740/724/1301

• Deals 512%525% damage to the target.

Lianna has always been a straightforward sniper, dealing heavy damage. However, she has since been dethroned as the sniper with the highest damage. While this buff does not put her back on top, it does give her a bump to remain in line with some more modern snipers, albeit without any additional secondary skills.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Lianna Costume

• Stats: 773/745/1364 → 796/757/1386

• Deals 482%495% damage to the target.

• The target gets -34% mana generation for 3 turns.

Nothing flashy here, just the same buff to damage proposed for normal Lianna. 495% still hits pretty hard, even if it is not at the 500% plus range.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

5 Likes

Proposed buffs for Fire Heroes

Azlar

• Stats: 793/607/1322 → 807/620/1342

• Deals 205%225% damage to all enemies.

• All enemies receive 360 Burn damage over 63 turns.

A bit of extra initial damage helps to keep him from lagging too far behind modern AoE heroes. However the bigger buff is the change to his DOT from 6 to 3 turns. Long DOT may have been fine when the game first started, but does not hold up well now, especially on a slow hero.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Azlar Costume

• Stats: 821/663/1431 → 832/675/1464

• Deals 205%225% damage to the target and nearby enemies.

• Deals 410%450% damage if the target has less than 50% health remaining.

• The target and nearby enemies receive 430450 Burn damage over 2 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

cAzlar’s damage is currently linked to Azlar’s, with the same damage numbers as Azlar, and double that if the target has under 50% HP. This proposed buff keeps that link intact. Since normal Azlar gets a shorter DOT, a bump to cAzlar’s burn damage also seems justified.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Elena

• Stats: 809/578/1312 ->821/600/1347

• Deals 202%215% damage to all enemies.

• The caster and nearbyAll allies counterattack with 125% of the damage received for 5 turns.

As a red riposte hero, Elena is severely outclassed. Not only does Ferant have a similar stat distribution for his defensive stats, he is also faster. And the mana cut is something Elena lacks. To make her more worthwhile, I propose a bump to her damage, which is one of the things that differentiates her from Ferant, but more importantly, an increase in the range of her riposte to cove the whole team. This is a significant buff, but given that she is currently outclassed by a 4*, she really needs it. And running at slow speed, means she should not be too difficult to counter with a dispeller.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Elena Costume

• Stats: 845/588/1494 → 857/609/1536

• Deals 172%185% damage to all enemies.

• The caster and nearbyAll allies counterattack with 155% of the damage received for 5 turns.

Same buffs as proposed for Elena, with the same rationale.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Khagan

• Stats: 710/642/1458 → 720/659/1479

• Deals 380%385% damage to the target and nearby enemies.

• The caster and nearby allies get +24%+33% mana generation for 5 turns.

• The caster and nearby allies get +63%+74% defense for 5 turns.

Khagan mainly suffers from being slow and having a low defense stat. Since none of these proposed buffs affect speed though, I propose slight bumps to each of his skills in the hopes that the extra mana generation and defense buff can provide needed support to his team.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Khagan Costume

• Stats: 761/691/1529 → 775/703/1551

• Deals 514%565% damage to the target.

• All allies get +12%+24% mana generation for 5 turns.

• All allies get +46%+50% defense for 5 turns.

I have cKhagan and never use him. For a slow single hitter, his damage needs to go way up to make him worthwhile, and this proposal addresses that. A bump to the mana generation and defense buffs also help cKhagan be a more valuable supporter to his team.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Marjana

• Stats: 669/712/1404 → 688/722/1430

• Deals 458%470% to the target.

• The target receives 300 Burn damage over 63 turns.

Like Sartana, Marjana suffers from a needlessly long DOT, that is much too slow for the modern game and a low attack stat coupled with outdated damage numbers. This buff gives her a stat bump, but also speeds up her burn, and increases the damage from her special to make her a reasonable sniper.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

Marjana Costume

• Stats: 753/704/1499 → 768/723/1529

• Deals 358% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.

• The target and nearby enemies get -54% defense against Fire for 34 turns.

• All Ice enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.

cMarjana is already a pretty good hero. However, her ailments are only 3 turns which is at odds with the 4 turn duration we have seen from other EDD heroes such as Evelyn, Panther, cLeonidas, Frida, Guardian Falcon, and Guardian Jackal (regardless of speed). This extra turn puts her in line with the others and still leaves her as a very strong, but not overwhelming hero.

• No buff needed

• Too strong of a buff

• Just right

• Too weak of a buff

0 voters

9 Likes

Even though I worry that it is money gain above all else for the developers of this game, all one can do is hope that this idea is implemented :pray:

I compliment you on your effort and valiant suggestion :100:

8 Likes

Appreciate your effort but S1 heroes are no moneymakers for SGG so i doubt they will put any effort into reworking/buffing them.
The only thing that might happen is a family bonus for classic heroes.

3 Likes

Really nice efforts there, kudos to you.

Unfortunately these changes would never come true, since no one would be pulling for S1s.

3 Likes

Nice buff ideas :slight_smile: Good job.

1 Like

If they have a heart, they buff these S1 heroes as an anniversary bonus. These are quite sensible buffs after all

4 Likes

Regardless of what I actually voted for I appreciate and respect the post. Well thought out and detailed.

4 Likes

E&P/SG/Zynga/Whoever they are now need to wise up and hire this guy yesterday.

Even if (as I suspect) these changes barely made any kind of dent in the current power creep, the effort given to each and every S1 hero like this post suggests would encourage players to actually stick around and lengthen the overall lifespan of the game.

Just my own thoughts I know, but I can’t be the only long-time player considering dropping this game altogether after feeling so left behind with all these new heroes and costumes being dangled in front of me that never show up in the portal. Lately if I manage to finally summon another 5* hero it’s yet another S1 hero.

6 Likes

Thanks for your time doing these polls, you have my vote btw.

It’s not like this would require too much of an effot tough.

5 Likes

Nice post. And yes I voted in each category. Really do appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.
And yes you are right SG really does need to rebalance the S1 heroes following the release of S5.
It may not be a moneymaking action but it keeps the S1 heroes relevant and not worthless… especially when they are so readily available in the game.
Good luck with your idea

5 Likes

What I want to know is who the ~5 people that voted for this are and their reasons for doing so.

1 Like

Great job @IgH a lot of effort put into this. Will be back to read it all and vote.

1 Like

It is intriguing :thinking: , even whales should appreciate more diversity in what they face in wars, raids, tourneys, etc.

I don’t have any S1 Vanilla heroes and I would love for them to be buffed, it really is a win-win for the community!

2 Likes

You put a lot of thought into this and I think that all the proposed changes are very reasonable. Many of us have asked for a buff in S1 heroes, and now with S5 right around the corner I really hope that they do listen, because these heroes are becoming more and more underpowered. You definitely have my vote for this!

2 Likes

What they need to do is release the oldest event heroes (with no costume) and season 2 heroes (with no costume) into TC20… Tc 20 shouldn’t be as far behind as it is with season 5 coming, out, it should offer more.

3 Likes