ATLANTIS RISES - Optimum Levels For Loot

S2 1/1 Normal or Hard?

S2 1/1 are talking about running in easy mode

I love this statement. I farm 9-10N for two reasons. 1) it has the highest XP/Flag in Atlantis, and 2) for the last five months my average auto-farm completion time on 9-10N is two minutes. At 64 WE/flask, I can do at least 21 runs in less than an hour. It doesn’t give the best recruits, sea dragons, or loot per run, but auto-farming that level as much as I do makes up for it.

I do believe, but may be wrong, that I started this approach after watching one of @JekylandHyde videos where he talked about including time as a measure of efficiency, as opposed to simply looking at WE/flag and other loot-based metrics.

3 Likes

I’ll just throw my perspective in here too, while we’re all at it:

• When autoploay farming, I use 9.6N. It has the least monsters (including a two boss wave), so I can farm through it the fastest, to get more backpacks and crafting mats, which are my main target these days.

(It’s arguably no faster than 9.10N with the single boss and two mobs in the last wave, but I think it’s slightly faster, and that’s good enough for me! I tend to prefer autoplay farming with hit-3 and snipers, so my thinking is that killing two bosses is easier one boss and two mobs. If the middle boss gets killed before the mobs, it can take a while to finish them off.)

• When using loot tickets, I go for the highest WE stages that drop my most-needed mats (lumber and roots) more frequently. I use monster count (i.e. atlantis coin oipportunities) as my tie-breaker, so I generally use my loot tickets on 21-7H and 22-6H.
5 Likes

Might be worth re(checking) Barry’s Farmz if backpacks are the main target. Best drop rate for backpacks is in Province 1, though the XP is 90-130 less XP per flag. I think crafting materials drop differs +/- for different ones

Heavy farming = tons of resources and weapons. How is that SamMe?

Normal.

Excellent. I was getting 791 XP/Minute with S2/9/9 Normal over the course of an hour so that included time to click 3 times to keep it going; reflasking, etc.

Compared to 1,141 XP/Minute with S2/1/1 Normal

5 Likes

Backpacks aren’t really my main target. Crafting mats are. (Backpacks are indeed way more plentiful in province 1, but everything else is way more plentiful in provinces 7/8/9. I just need enough of those to maintain my two TC2s, which farming province 9 seems to accomplish.)

One word: insane. :rofl:

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Sorry to contradict you, but according to Barry’s Farmz, the only crafting items more plentiful in province 9 are Common Herbs and Dragon Bones. Meteor Fragments, Nuggets and Clean cloth are more common province 1 and the rest are equal.

Of course you are free to farm whatever you think it’s best for you, but I replied because I find accurate information important especially for newer members that might only read our comments and get the wrong impression (the same reason I replied before because you mentioned backpacks).

Here is again the link for Barry’s data: Barry Farmz Here: Summary - Google Sheets

1 Like

Don’t apologize! I want to be corrected when I’m wrong!

That said, I’m not. And I hate what I’m about to say, but there are some errors in Barry’s sheet.

For example: The expected # of crafting material rolls for all stages in S2 provinces 7 - 9 (normal mode) during AR is 15. For provinces 1 - 6 it’s 14. Barry’s sheet is showing them both at 14, and therefore calculating an incorrect entry for best level for “all crafting ingredients.”

See here for background info:

In subsequent discussions with Barry in the Line group where he used to chat about this project (and still occasionally says hi), we fleshed out the “N” numbers for AR and S3 as well. Eventually, Barry changed the output portion of his sheet to use these “N” values to spit out what he called “synthetic” data. In other words, rather than simply showing the aggregated/averaged data of all the farming runs he’s recorded/collected over the years, the output portions of the spreadsheet now show the expected values, based on the “N” system I linked to here, and a few other “rules” of loot distribution that we figured out. Somewhere along the line, some of that data was entered incorrectly, resulting in things like the example I cited above.

Now, all that said, my characterization above (“everything else is way more plentiful in provinces 7/8/9”) was a pretty wild exaggeration! 15 craft mats per attempt isn’t “way more” than 14. But it is more!

5 Likes

Cool! Thanks for posting these details here and for your work in clearing up these errors

2 Likes

Upon further reflection, I’ve joined the group farming 2-9-10N. The argument above was specious at best, while I’m giving up two mobs (i.e. chances at seadragons) per attempt on the boss wave. (And of course slightly more XP.) I’m also using Bera/Freya in place of two hitters, to eliminate the issue of wing stragglers.

Reposting

Reposting for smartphones and future reference

Note

Click for notes

FIN

3 Likes

Hi just wonderimg if barry farming guide is still accurate and is it consistently updated? Used to farm 1-2 normal for backpacks but now the loot i get is 1-3 backpacks only… not sure if any changes has been made to the loot for any of the map stages (including S1)?

Hi, I don’t think Barry’s Guide has been updated for a long time.

But I cannot answer you if it’s still accurate or not. I have reduced a lot my playing time and haven’t been tracking stuff anymore.

Maybe someone else can offer you an answer, but if loot changed, it means SG changed them without announcing.

Bumps this for everyone. :panda_face::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes. I dont do the season 1 thing anymore. But i prefer the normal one.