Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276]

Few years ago(?) an ‘anomaly’ was found, was reported. It was not seen again. Now an ‘anomaly’ was found, tested. Someone says it looks like something from a while ago. It’s reported, overly hyped, fixed.
Chances are there will be a similar bug later on, it will be reported…
Feeding frenzy over…back to gaming!
Thank you mods, one and all!

This is how myths are created. Someone said in a chat outside beta that he 2 years ago reported something to SG like this issue.
In a few hours that came out to be like it is something a lot of people in beta have known and exploited for years.
It have never been posted in beta forum threads before, for what I know.
We don’t even know what exactly was reported a that time.

5 Likes

Beta chat in Line, or the beta forum? I tried to search past beta forum posts for a mention about it and came up empty. I can go digging again later tonight, I guess.

I would note that staff are not present in the beta Line group, as far as I know. Shoot, I’m not aware of what percentage of testers are in the Line group. It’s not an official part of beta.

1 Like

Don’t think that says it’s new information

Fwiw my post under that was a sarcastic exaggeration for those that dont know me lol

Anyways people can keep playin the “no one had any idea” game but i find zeph to be a reliable source myself

7 Likes

Yes, I understand this. However, nobody has linked where it was mentioned before. That’s what I would like to see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be on zephyr1 and censure as they seemed to be ahead of the curve with info when this all came about

I don’t think they exploited it. But they knew about it.;

sure I’ll do some digging of my own this evening if it’ll lay this to rest

I actually was fine with the “we fixed it, problem solved” and leavin it alone but now i feel like people are sayin i lied. Which i didn’t. I, in all honesty, went off the info i was given by people that had been in beta longer than me who were already in the know.

Anyways I’ll let ya know what/if i find anything though it’s probly too late now as I’m sure if it was brought up in the past it very well could have been deleted in the past ~20 hours

4 Likes

I believe what people are saying. But I also believe that more people in beta, would have remembered if anyone had discussed or posted mirroring boards, like you did yesterday. I appreciate you getting aware of this issue @Rigs.
I do hope Zephyr or someone else will find the discussions referred to, being new to me.

1 Like

I know you’re not lying. And I’m sure a couple of folks knew about it since Zeph mentioned it was ‘known’.

I just think it is inaccurate to say the SG developers knew about it and did nothing without proof they knew. Especially if they say ‘first I have heard of it’ and fix it in a matter of minutes/hours.

The beta forum is the only official avenue to report bugs/vulnerabilites from what I gather. I even asked before v30 entered beta if there was a different way to provide feedback and was essentially told ‘you can try emailing support, but they may just direct you back to the forum’. So just submitting a ticket may have ended up in the circular filing cabinet. :rofl:

2 Likes

I guess the idea of it being a myth has been disproved. Thanks @Rigs for posting what you did, again.

And if I didn’t state it before, I am not accusing beta players as a group of knowing and not reporting. I am disappointed that it is not a new issue, affected the integrity of the game, and it takes a well respected long time player to put his game on the line before SG would take action.

2 Likes

One could argue that it would not have been “heard” by SG yet again if it hadn’t been made public…

2 Likes

@Rigs FWIW, you announced it in such a “bomb dropping” manner so you know that it simply being fixed isn’t enough for the forum.

To be honest, I’m surprised it has remained this calm and not blew a whole gasket, don’t know why you thought it would be a simple it’s fixed and now we’re done scenario LOL

3 Likes

I’m just making light of it now that a resolution has happened, which is what is most important.

2 Likes

As soon as i saw the words “this has been known” and “nothing new”

My initial response was “now i feel obligated” and that was due to what you just said. If it was overlooked before; it could be overlooked again

That and i hate secrets amongst the playerbase when it comes to the game. Sure it’s a competition but gotta keep it honest.

4 Likes

I simply see this game and the company SG … with no future …

2 Likes

I hope the opposite…

2 Likes

Just want to highlight something quickly regarding the “if it hadn’t been put on the public forum, nothing would have happened”

I don’t believe that SGG even LOOKED at this thread… The staff saw the thread that reported the bug in Beta Section of the Forum.

@mhalttu stipulated that it was the first time he’d ever heard of the same-seed bug & said they would look into it.
10 minutes later (09:08 Helsinki time) @mhalttu then responded again in the Beta Thread stating that the issue was fixed & that to prevent ongoing exploitation, they forced a re-download/import on all beta accounts.

There wasn’t any acknowledgement of this thread in the slightest until the moderators (specifically Zephyr) asked a couple times to get an official post in this thread also…

3 Likes

Lol are you still getting raided when online?

Me?

Idk, I don’t pay much attention to raids and times much these days… But no, I don’t think so…

Others are

Doesn’t take a deep analysis to see why players doubt bug fixes being a top priority

That and I’m still really curious how a development team doesn’t know how they developed a product :thinking::thinking:

How can you design somethin to function a certain way and then act dumbfounded that it works as intended?

That is flawed no matter how you slice it

Even if you build something or fix something, should have common knowledge of how it works

If i put brakes on a car, I’m not surprised when they work

And how a moderator and other testers who didn’t design the game knew how something worked better than a multimillion dollar development team

Do we want to continue or take the blinders off?

4 Likes

It’s getting so hot on the forum at the minute I’m expecting the Predator to arrive soon…

6 Likes