Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276]

I certainly dont even care about names, but there should be no reason why SGG shouldnt provide us with an official number of people who were determined to have exploited it.

Yes, SGG could make up a number, but I doubt they would. They would not want to have an official statement that if discredited would further damage their reputation.

It should not be beyond our expectations for a simple statement of “after x amount of time we have determined x people have abused this bug and their accounts have been x. If we find any further people who have we update this post”

Simple, even if they say 0, fine. Hold them accountable to an official statement.

5 Likes

Also the seed generates the same first board in both. Cycling through boards in beta for a good one would only show how many boards to cycle through to get that board live. So no saving in WE but saving in time and you can optimize your team setup for that starting board.

Do following boards continue a pattern? Or did it not work this way?

Completely agreed. If I’m gonna keep putting money into this game, I need to know the playing field is level and even leveled retroactively against those who cheated.

1 Like

It was reported they did for 3-4 boards. Makes sense if same seed used.

Seriously, I am thinking he works for:

Dewey

Lol. Just some levity.

Damn… yeah that pushes through challenges. Since they’re wiping out the mobs with items. Bummer…

Glad this got talked about!

I’m still confused how it detects what the “next board” is. Is it within a certain frame of time (e.g. what if you raid on your beta/are offline of your live account, and then raid on your live account 10 min later? 30 min later? 2 hours later?).

:zero:

8 Likes

??? Was that on purpose (wrong thread)?? :joy:

Did you predict that I found the answer (and was going to delete my post)? :rofl:

Edit: Or was it to tell me to get back to work? :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: #offtopic

3 Likes

Haha lilkaf! More coffee for you! See if I can email some :wink:

2 Likes

It no longer works, but it was simply the live game mirrored the Beta game once you imported.

It doesn’t work that way. All that a beta player had was a synchronized sequence of generated tiles. That guaranteed same initial 1st board in both versions. But as soon as you do any move in any of game versions synchronization is lost. Also, synchronization guaranteed only initial boards. If you did different matches, consequent layouts would also be different.
Knowledge of start board is valuable for raid, where it could help to kill a tank on start, but in event with several waves of mobs initial board means little. You don’t know what would come next.

This did not counts as a reset :smiley:

6 Likes

While it is all pointless now that is not accurate. It was not just the starting board that was synchronized it was all the tiles that fed up after the moves to and then the next raid board would be synchronized as well.

Also, in high level event play you are only making 1, 2 or maybe 3 tile moves total. Anything more than that and you aren’t scoring high enough.

2 Likes

My bad. It was popping up on my banner that they were getting close to 20. I was on a work call so pushed the banner and hit zero as fast as possible so I could get back to work. I guess your post hit my banner too as I’ve been watching this thread too.

Perfect timing. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Couldn’t have done it to a better person. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

It was pretty hilarious.

“Reset the conversation”

7 Likes

There are quite a few more threads that could use your zero :hammer:
As soon as I saw that the sun came out over here in my world! That was great lol

4 Likes

I just reread some of the early posts by Rigs and Guvnor and others and they note that yes, this was posted in the beta chat a couple years ago.

Awww I’m… flattered? :hugs:

In the mean time, I just spent an hour reading through this WHOLE thread IGNORING the other thread (AND work) :joy:

1 Like