Alfrike emblems?

Hey yall, i have 10 nodes on costume sartana shes awesome. I got 250 more emblems. Just ascended alfrike and should be done in a day or 2. Should i start embleming her? Or Strip sartana and go full boat on alfrike? Or add more to sartana? I run seshat-gtv-poseidon… i suspect Csartana would do almost as well on offense just maxed. I dont mind resetting sartana if its the right play. please any thoughts…

Great question and one I’m wrestling with as well. I have Sartana+8 and Alfrike+9 and can’t seem to swing the pendulum either way completely. I run Alfrike on raid/war defense but Sartana on my “one size fits all” raid offense.

1 Like

Nice! Yeah as soon as I pulled alfrike I stopped putting emblems on sartana. Alfrike is just super fun.

My personal thought on embleming a hero is that you invest emblems, food and iron on one which is the LEAST likely to be stripped of emblems since it uses tons of food and iron which could have been used on better things. Those are the elite heroes, mostly ranked as A+. And embleming a 5 star hero is a commitment itself, unless you are an advanced or veteran player able to sacrifice the food and iron spent on embleming the hero, I would really, really, really think this through. There is no doubt that the costumed Sartana is way better than the original version, and your emblems on this hero maybe based on the original version and not on the costumed version (this is on the presumption that one day, you’ll get the costume). Alfrike on the other hand, though devastating her skills are, is just too darn slow that she can only be best played on offense as you will be able to control, to some extent, the outcome of the battle. She only excels when brought along for attack in raids and in wars. She sucks against titans and she is too easy to nullify if she defends in wars or in raids either by killing her immediately or controlling her mana. We all know that the current meta favors fast and very fast heroes.

2 Likes

i think stopping at 8-9 is the right call
alfrike will be sturdier in vfast raidT
sartana, if C can go to 19 with mana 23 troops

@Mallix

1 Like

I have to agree with @Ultra. I have faced Alfrike several times in raids. When she was positioned on the wing, she was too easy to control and take out. When on the flank, you have to be careful because when she fires it’s hard to overcome. With that said, Alfrike is definitely better used as an attacking weapon where you can control when she fires.

Sartana on the other hand is an excellent all-around hero. She is on par with Clarissa and only Ursena and Seshat are rated better as far as Dark 5* sniper heros. If you don’t have the other 3 emblemed, I would think hard about striping Sartana. IMO

2 Likes

I had a maxed sartana got the costume, emblemed her. 2 weeks later got alfrike. So shes emblemed for the costume. I dont mind the resources. I have a ton of food stored. Iron sets me back a day or 2. Just debating what serves me best. They are probably both going for offense. I wont run sartana over seshat

1 Like

I have seshat and ursena emblemed as well.

1 Like

Thanks so much guys for your feedback. Really helps. Sounds like maybe sartana is the choice. Keep going with her. I run monos mostly and her speed is fantastic.

1 Like

Well then, based on that, I would focus embleming Sartana then since you have her costume. As mentioned by @JAWS1, she is a better all-around hero and can be played in most facets of the game, i.e. attacking in wars and raids, holy titans, quests, maps, etc whereas Alfrike excels only when you attack and probably on defending in during rush raid tourneys.

1 Like

Makes sense. Even though I have GM emblemed and on my defensive team, I still have an emblemed Azlar who was my first 5* red hero. I use Azlar mostly for wars, raids, tournaments and titans these days. :wink:

1 Like

@JAWS1 wow that takes real discipline. I dont think I could have left them on azlar. Thankfully I kept mine hoping for gm. And then got lucky. I have to say these costumes are game changers. Ive been lucky and got magni, viv, liana, Azlar as well. Unfortunatey azlar will be sitting at 3-70 in a long line. The others are all mainstays on my mono teams.

1 Like

@JAWS1 My Barbarian emblems are with Kageburado+19. Still hesitating to strip him of the emblems so I emblem my Gravemaker on the new emblems obtained, currently at +8 though. Previously used by my Azlar which was at +7 then, I strip Azlar for them to be with Kage, which was serving as my purple war tank back then. I just got GM from Atlantis as a featured hero several months after I got Kage. I didnt have better purples that time as Kage was my 2nd purple legendary after Dom. Then came Seshat, Sartana and Clarissa all maxed up. My Kunchen landed on my lap the first time he appeared as featured Atlantis hero but he is stuck at 3/70 since my costume Rigards are pretty much doing the healing function of Kunchen.

2 Likes

Similar story @Ultra except I couldn’t get myself to pull the emblems off Azlar for GM. My GM is at +8 as I only put new Barbarian emblems on him. It’s working out well! :wink:

2 Likes

Afrike is tons of threatening compared with Sartana. I would bet my emblems on her.

2 Likes

@Mallix. That’s luck! I have only pulled three 5* costumes for Vivica, Elkanen and Horghall. I have cVivica on my leveling project list. I’m not sure I’ll bother with cElkanen or cHorghall.

1 Like

Agreed @Fingol! I have to stop and think before battling a team with Alfrike in it. It all comes down to where she is positioned in the lineup, tank, flank or wing, and how many emblems are on her. Either way, she is truly a game-changer! :wink:

1 Like

On alfrike what emblem path did you take? Would you make any changes? Mine has first node but emblems for the second

@hothom all d and health. Need her to STAY ALIVE.

Go def/heart only if she’ll tank.

All others will get att as often as possible except healers and minioneers.

My Alfie got also att as often as possible to increase her damage as much as possible. If she will survive until she’s going to cast she should at least hit hard.

1 Like