šŸŒ¹ A Player By Any Other Name... Where does your Game Name/Forum Name come from?

Mineā€™s just a shortened version of my English name, been my nickname forever. Wish I had a creative story but nope lol.

10 Likes

I originally let my young daughter build my profile and she chose a name she thought fitting of a fantasy princes and hence I became @lesleyannia

Which was fine, because I wasnā€™t going to get very involved anywayā€¦

But to my surprise, I got rather (too) involved and started to get recognised. I felt a bit disingenuous when people gave me a cheery 'you go, girlā€™s

When Petri offered me the mod job I discussed wanting to ā€˜come outā€™ as a bloke and picked a new name.

@witch or possibly @Azure had been very generous in praise of my silly poems and christened me ā€˜bard of Correlliaā€™.

So I incorporated that with a name that matches my initial and had some scriptural parallels.

So here I am.

21 Likes

I am not. Just normal American, Iā€™m afraid. But Wales is a beautiful country, and eminently worth a visit. If you enjoy hiking, the Snowdon Horseshoe is a lot of fun.

4 Likes

@Garanwyn I canā€™t picture what a ā€œnormal Americanā€ is, but if ā€œnormal Americanā€ is like you, itā€™s a good thing :smiley:

8 Likes

Ah, the legend of King Arthur and the Cargo Manifest, 'tis one of my favourites

17 Likes

15 years of gaming and my Name was always Lumpson. When i was a little child my mom called my very often ā€œLumpiā€. I started with Starcraft and warcraft III, WoW and so onā€¦but always as Lumpson. :slight_smile:
Sooo basically my mom told me to be Lumpson lol :smiley:

12 Likes

Awww. That is very sweet of you to say! Thank you! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad that Iā€™ve taken to calling you Lumpy, but I guess I should switch to Lumpi now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And here I thought you were an Agents of Shield fan.

Mine is portmanteau of my first and last names.

4 Likes

My name is inspired by the god of mischief Loki (hard to guess I know). I like nearly all incarnations of him from Marvels Loki to the old nordic god.

The title Professor I stole from a book ā€œAera: The Return of the Ancient Godsā€ by Markus Heitz. There Loki appears as Prof. Prof. Dr. Dr. Dr. Loki.
As a random fact: itā€™s not the first time I borrow a name for a character from his book.

9 Likes

A line long over nine stone throws;
That is Arthurā€™s host, I suppose;
Riding in the van, Arthur goes!ā€™

4 Likes

Mano Ai is my game name in honor of my father who passed away. His aumakua (family god) was the shark which in Hawaiian is Mano. I added the Ai because he used to always say it when going into the ocean. I picked up the shark avatar & change to it when in the AW events. I think itā€™s a cool :sunglasses: touch. Lol!!

15 Likes

my name was chosen around 20 years ago early 1999 wen first i played Ocarina of Time i chose the name expired (cant remember the reason why i chose this name) but since then in every game or profile i will either expired, expired_3 or expired3, depending on the availability and restriction of the name
and it even got stuck with me as i have few friends who i met online and became real life friends we still used to call each other with our nicknames on some occasions

6 Likes

My name comes from the hypothetical 100th monkey effect Hundredth monkey effect - Wikipedia where by once 100 monkeys learn something others spontaneously develop the skill. In general I take it to mean that once I know something everyone should / does. While I do not believe the effect exists as stated I do like the concept.

8 Likes

When I started playing games on my phone I went with the random name generator and it gave me ā€œSupremeAlienRaptorā€ I liked it so much I kept it.

8 Likes

My forum and second account name is Kalosian Porygon, after the Region of Kalos, which is based on France (where I live) and Porygon, one of my favorite PokƩmon.

12 Likes

Mine is my nickname, and my profession. Iā€™m a refrigeration mechanic or fridgieā€¦ Was the first ever internet account name I ever had and itā€™s stuck with me for about 20yrs now. Some people I have known for years wouldnā€™t be able to tell you my real name lol

12 Likes

Mine is a play on my profession and my home state.

5 Likes

my name: Boolz San

I play a Blizzard game using a friendsā€™ account name 'Boolz' prior to joining E&P.
I watch(ed) japanese anime and 'San' is the most commonplace honorific and is a title of respect typically used between equals of any age (Japanese honorifics - Wikipedia)

8 Likes

I am a Chef by profession. In a previous game my game was just ā€˜Chefā€™, but some guy wanted to challenge me for the name. I won the challenge and changed my name to ā€˜TheChefā€™ and he took on the name ā€˜TheSousChefā€™.

My IGN now is ā€˜Chef Puddinā€™ which comes from a bet I lost to @Xero786. He made me change my name to Puddinā€™ for a week and people liked it so much that I decided to stick with it. Its a ā€˜Suicide Squadā€™ reference, how Harley Quinn calls The Joker. I guess that makes Zero Harley Quinn and iā€™m the joker, since he started calling me that.

13 Likes