šŸŒ¹ A Player By Any Other Name... Where does your Game Name/Forum Name come from?

I have always used names for games, or named kids and animals based on literature. Thus a daughter Cassandra, dogs named Lord Byron, Dona Flor, cats Bento and Capitu. I was going through a welsh mithology period when I started this game, so Branwen it was.
Post note: this name has gotten me a few laughs due to auto correct in game chat. Brawl, Brawn, Brown, and in a memorable occasion, Bra

11 Likes

My real name

20 char

13 Likes

My forum name is the one Iā€™ve been using online for everywhere. I am a fan of Edgar Allan Poe and I love ravens so:

nevarmaor similar to nevermore
nevar is raven backwards
maor is gaelic for great, and roam backwards

I suppose you could interpret it as never great. Yup, thatā€™s me alright :wink:

In-game Iā€™m Shardik, from my favourite Richard Adams book (and the only one where the animals donā€™t talk). It just came to me during set-up while looking at the available avatars. Later on I realized that Greymane is supposed to be a wolf, but heā€™s still closer to Shardik than any of the panda avatars.

14 Likes

Heh. Rook is the nickname of the main character of a novel I started but never finished. (Just this week, I was being pestered to sketch out a screenplay, but there are already a number of literary Rooks out thereā€¦not sure the world needs another one! If you see a movie though, you can ask me if thatā€™s mineā€¦) :grin:

12 Likes

My left ear is bigger and more outliers. My friend told me one times it looks like radar

And I decide to use it as a nickname

17 Likes

I was born in the Year of the Dragon.

13 Likes

Yes it most certainly does! :+1:

5 Likes
5 Likes

My Mom was researching some genealogy a few years ago and discovered that one of my husbands gg+ uncles had somehow become King of England. Even though his direct line was not to said King, he decided that he MUST be royalty so everyone should call him Lord Brian. Thus his name became LordBrian in game.

When he badgered me into joining this game, I, of course, had to be the Lady Suzanne to his Lord Brian. Since I didnā€™t want to think of a different forum name, I used my game-name for the forum.

As a note, a couple months after joining E&P I was researching my Moms lineage and discovered a direct line to several Lords and Ladies from England and Ireland. So, the jokes on him :rofl:

14 Likes

Me too though I have never gone past 80 miles and nowhere near 13,000 feet. I commute to work 4 days a week (weather permitting) and do a 500 mile charity ride in July over 7 days. Sure beats running.

2 Likes

Czernobog is a character from the book (and subsequent show) American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Allegedly based on a Slavic deity of darkness who is in continuous battle with his brother Bielebog the god of light. I would change to Bielebog for the spring and summer but canā€™t afford the gemsā€¦:rofl:

11 Likes

I donā€™t even know what this means! :laughing:

4 Likes

I kinda thought but there r other references to that name throughout Gaelic lore. Cool handle. I like it!

2 Likes

Dorky anime stuff. Sorry it just pours out sometimes like a blown water valve. But this was it.

Definitely NOT the character from the novel. Lol

4 Likes

In August 2017, I install the game on my mobile. Which pseudo to choose? The television was on and the pub Fishermanā€™s friend was playing. I told myself it will be fishermanstrong to have no problem with the brand.

4 Likes

Well obviously the suit alone isnā€™t it.

@Hrairoo has to hop into it first.

11 Likes

i just really, really enjoyā€¦ peaches. one might say that Iā€™m keen on them.

Ahem.

additionally, itā€™s rooted in a lyric in a song I wrote about a decade ago.

10 Likes

Rabbittech?

6 Likes

New profile picture :white_check_mark:

12 Likes

Iā€™m not original at all.

5 Likes