🌹 A Player By Any Other Name... Where does your Game Name/Forum Name come from?

Well mine is just my initials and the game initials. Wish I had put a little more thought into it now haha

11 Likes

@Hrairoo I had that epiphany while talking to @Garanwyn a while ago, and had totally forgotten it was Fiver’s lapine name until that conversation. That was one of my favorite books as a kid! I read it again a few years ago…probably time again one of these days.

@JLB_ep I literally loled :laughing:

5 Likes

The Spirit Chaser is the name of one of the boss battle themes from an old jrpg called Treasure of The Rudras. It was catchy as hell

5 Likes

Back in the early 90s, a group of guys at work talked me into playing a BBS game named Trade Wars. They already had a team with an X-Men theme so created my first BBS account using the name Havok. Been using it for everything since.

10 Likes

Wow. I totally forgot about Watership Down. I always thought u picked that because there was a Gundam Suit called Hrairoo. God I’m a dork. I think anime and forget a classic fictional tale. Great name though @Hrairoo.

3 Likes

A book I go back to again and again and again…love it!

2 Likes

Mine is a “play” on Winston Churchill’s reference to depression; his was a Black Dog and mine is a Black Cloud.

I added the Warrior on the end in reference to my battle I have everyday.

Black Cloud Warrior :crossed_swords:

22 Likes

They have Zelda for Wii?! Shut up! I’m gonna go to eBay literally right now. Good looks!

5 Likes

My game name is iiiFILTHYY which originated from being a big fan of a band called Cradle of Filth, but “filthy” is also used as a positive term in competitive shooter games. Like if you make a sick play and kill several people in spectacular fashion for the round win or game win people will say the play was “disgusting” or “filthy” with a laugh. I do tend to survive situations I should be dying and I have good aim, so I make lots of filthy plays :wink: just yesterday I played a search and destroy which went to round 11 (that’s the last round, it’s first team to win 6 rounds) and I went 21-7, winning multiple 1v3’s for the game win. Just put the team on my back. Strapped on the backpack and carried. :poop: was filthy.

8 Likes
Maybe in emoji? Is it this?

:fork_and_knife::poop::dog2:@:crescent_moon:

So I’m still curious. Where does @Rook come from?

3 Likes

I’m 99% on @Garanwyn but would like verification too. But I’m pretty sure I got that one.

1 Like

Good fact too if I remember correct in the book it means “thousand” which if memory serves me correct was given to any number larger than 4. Wasn’t Fiver the 5th born and also the runt? God that was a great story. I’m so stupid that my brain went right to Gundam. Such a dork.

4 Likes

It’s from the Knights of th he Round table. But it’s all in the etymology. I needed an elf name for a game many years ago. Garanwyn is Welsh for “white crane.” I’m pretty pasty white, and I’ve got stilts for legs. So…

Since nobody else ever uses it, it’s always free on a forum. That encourages reuse.

18 Likes

It’s an “abreviation” from my son’s surnames, Rareș Andrei, and also RA is the Sun God of Egypt making Joon my game avatar :grin:

5 Likes

Joyful818 is a combination of my area code & a reminder to focus on gratitude. My game name is Shining. When I chose Lianna as my avatar, I thought of the elves in LOTR and their active role of light in the world. I thought having an active verb as a name would be interesting…Steven King’s novel & Jack Nicholson’s character never crossed my mind until a teammate wondered if that was my inspiration…

8 Likes

@Garanwyn are you Welsh? We had a team from Wales visit my son’s special ed program for research a few years back. Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. Wales is on my bucket list now

3 Likes

I actually use Lianna usually as my avatar too, since I first started. She reminded me the most of Link. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… i guess you’d think: Boy, that name’s pretty obvious… but you’d be only half right. Its merely a coincidence my name is Duche. Its most of my last name, and while most of the people with similar last names opt for the more family friendly “Deuce” nickname, i’ve embraced my trolliness and in your face attitude and kept the name to its fullest extent :smiley:

11 Likes