760K Epic Villains Walk-Through (Currently 14th)

Al l great points. I would point out that Scrolls are a Hunter’s Lodge weapon and are not allowed in challenge events! The cost comes mostly from the flasking over and over.

2 Likes

Yes, of course, I kind of knew that but let it stand because Scrolls are the one item I would love to have more of but don’t have the mats. I wouldn’t use them for Villains anyway. They’re brilliant in Ninja Tower.

I’m also very mean with my flasks. I have 464 of them. Roll on Atlantis.

1 Like

This whole thread is really strange to me. First of all, thank you @JekylandHyde this was really useful. I’ve been using the strategy of getting a big combo on the first stage, using mats to clear stage 2 and using specials and mats to clear stage 3. That got me in the top 100 in rare and epic sometimes, and generally got the mats, but I was miles away from the top scores. I always wondered what they were doing.

But somehow this is about the costs of high level event competition. I don’t really see why this is the thread to press that argument or why people are pointing their complaints at JekylandHyde

4 Likes

Totally off topic, but What?! 464 flasks - OMG!

Intermission over… As you were :innocent:

3 Likes

(Not enough loot tickets to soak 'em up.)

3 Likes

You are welcome and thank you.

X2!!! That is a ton of food, iron, and XP waiting to be gained.

Burn them autoplaying with a harvester outside of AR or just burn them during AR!

4 Likes

@Gorann can also burn some WE flasks hunting for good boards during challenge events. :wink:

@JekylandHyde I haven’t watched this particular video. However I recently watched one of your Ninja Tower videos (Conquering the Ninja Tower!!), and part of your interview* with @ScndStar.

It was really nice to see her; I was in an alliance with her a long time ago. I enjoyed your interview with her (both the questions you asked, and overall interview style). You definitely take time to research and prepare your interviews.

I appreciate you Jeffrey for offering a wide variety of videos to the community.

*partially watched due to time constraints

3 Likes

Thanks @SamMe, the interviews are truly a gift/honor for me to host. It has been amazing to talk to such an interesting and diverse group of players from all over the world. I have a fairly deep line up of interviews to come so this will continue for some time.

Even though, I am always open to suggestions of interesting players to interview that have a different angles to the E&P story.

2 Likes

reading through some comments, i just want to add:

i don’t have Guardian Falcon, and i only just got Sir Lancelot after winning him for taking top spot in Avalon Rare a few months ago. Epic has always been a huge struggle for me because i just couldn’t replicate the typical team that usually takes top spots in Epic (and i have a harder time making Ice work with Nordri and C. Gunnar).

but learning about why each hero is on the Epic team, and learning about how to use items to charge (C.) Colen with Lancelot’s mana buff, it inspired me to try to create a team using the heroes i did have. and i made it to top 100 (just squeaking into the leaderboard at the 100th spot!) using Almur, Gadeirus, Jack O’Hare, Brynhild, and C. Brienne. :grin:

4 Likes

Fantastic effort!! Congrats. Well done.

2 Likes

I use the walkthrough to learn strategies and assess if my points for a certain stage is good enough. Its very helpful.
I only go for top 500, rank 130 this time. Tested to push one time and got to 37, that was seriosly more demanding. Top 10 is just insanity.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I love that Sir Lancelot, a generally unloved hero, becomes part of Team Smackdown in Epic challenges. Well done on making the leaderboard! Shame Epic gives you nothing for this, I usually stop when I’m guaranteed top 500 but I pushed onto the board as I didn’t know where the line was and I was pretty busy over the weekend and didn’t want to be caught out

2 Likes

i pushed after i got my monster Epic 7 because i wanted to try to win Toxicandra. i improved the next level by another 27k points, but that was the last level i improved because the rest of the weekend went to maintaining top 10 in Rare (success!) and top 100 in Legendary (failed). i stopped there in Epic because, as you mention, the reward cutoff happened at 500, and the next one wouldn’t be until top 10.

1 Like

The push from 100 to 10 in epic is huge as well. I ended 73rd and was about 30k behind 10th I think. When I realised I wasn’t going to be able to do it I just turned the tap off.

Top 100 legendary is my goal next time.

2 Likes

Thank you for creating these videos/walkthroughs!

What’s the best way to show support and/or encourage you to continue to do this?
I try to hit the like button pretty often. What’s your hierarchy of dopamine?

2 Likes

Glad they are of help. I also find it good to compare scores on each level so we have an idea of what is possible even if we can’t match it.

Right/ You even see him pop into legendary from time to time. He is great.

Monster score! Gotta love the gift-from-god boards and someone who knows what to do with it! Well played.

It is for sure. Competition is getting stiff for sure. I used to find top 100 in Legendary not a problem and this weekend I got bounced. I spending too much time/resources on Epic and Legendary snuck too far away.

You are welcome. I have them up on most challenge events and tiers. If you know how YouTube playlists work, I have one of the challenge events. There are challenge event team building videos for 3* and 5*.

Want to show support … find me Costume Leonidas!! haha

3 Likes

Same here. I think I got Lancelot from the first Avalon. I had no idea just how useful he’d become to me, when I started pushing challenge events.

Now you’ve just reminded me, how easy it was for me to get Lancelot (I think it was beginner’s 4* event luck). And then years later, pulling BK instead of the one Avalon hero I aimed for! :rofl:

I know I am not the only who is after specific 3* challenge event heroes. It’s just incredible to get one of the 5* instead of Bauchan. :exploding_head:

1 Like

What do you choose with Sir Lancelot - mana or crit at lvl 19? I still can’t decide :smiley: It will only be used in monthly tournaments to fight for positions 500-5000.

I went with the critical node on him.

2 Likes

Thx for help :wink:

I was thinking of mana because 24% + 2% would give a total of 26%, and the “average” hero needs 25% to charge with 8 tiles. But I’m not sure if I understand the workings of this correctly, I was planning to have Lancelot shoot first during a wave of enemies and second during a boss clash. I don’t know if that would make any sense, in the end I’ll rather opt for a critical hit.