⚔ [28 Jan, 2024] - 249th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Nature/ Green

Met some great teams today between 3400-3600 strength but managed victories in all, only pushed a little in one.
For sure against teams around 3800-4000 Mark I’d struggle for sure, but I enjoy this tourny for once.

5 Likes

Very jealous.

I’d sincerely recommend you keep your 3 star roster at LB1 until you have a collection of the nearly all the star players.

I’ve got some of the more desirable 3 stars (Jolly, Kvasir, Poppy, Rekhetre, Sally, Jaco // Treevil, Greel, Bjorn // Swan, Helo, Jarif, Planchet, Nordi // Waqas, Buster, Bagreg, Basil // Shrubbear, Faiez, Zarola, Fiana, Grevle), along with costumes for most of the season 1 and 2 crowd.

I’d already moved Jolly and Treevil to LB2 as they’re fun in rush war if you’re not competing at top level, and Brienne (because druid superior talent was broken). So I figured I was ready for the big leagues and started moving others up to LB2.

Big mistake from a tournament perspective. Your opening difficulty setting seems (to me at least) to be calibrated to the total power of your 5 strongest eligible heroes + troops, regardless of how appropriate they are. With 5 LB2 three stars eligible for each tournament, and decent troops, I get thrown in the deep end from day one.

I don’t have e.g. Dawn, Joukahainnen, Felton, and while those three aren’t essential for a strong showing in 3 star tournaments, they sure do help a lot.

So e.g. this tournament my defense is at 30-14, and if I look at the players that beat it so far, 11 of them have a max Dawn or max Joukahainnen in their defense team (most have both, or two Dawns, or Dawn + Swan on this occasion).

[Note: tournament defense only lists your last 30 encounters, so I’ve had to take notes this time… never been this popular with the algorithm]

2 Likes

I actually have most of the important 3* cards and I Think all of the heroes you mention as well as a few others. Some are stripped of talent but a good select few remains. I Focus primarily on 5*.
But i enjoy the 3* tournaments a lot, so also want to level some more. But all troops are level one, only 1LB, so for sure you observation is accurate. Algorithm shoves you in to deep if players are levelled up. I’ll keep that in mind! I Think I have 3(!) defenses at this point, all won, but THAT’S it.

1 Like

Kvasir worked overtime on Day 5 facing multiple Swan - Dawn tank-flank and Dawn - Dawn flanks.

Continued with the attack teams that have been successful so far. Won the first 2 easily, then came the slogs against passive middle 3 defenses.

All 3 went into overtime and was lucky to win them. Thought I had lost the 4th match when tValen killed Kvasir early before he could be beezy. Fortunately, I got repeated cascades of Blue tiles into Swan and Dawn to keep the owl population in check. The other two matches had the owls hitting the wrong targets for once.

Defense recovered at the end of Day 4 to end back in A (6-3) and has added a win today. It’s a testament of how hard (and tile dependent) this tournament is, that I have 3 zero point losses and is in the top 50.

Good luck with your last attacks and with the loot tomorrow :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

This tournament was really strange for me… It started great (5-0 on the first day), but then blood was shed (3-2, 2-3) and I finished the third day with a balance of 10-5. I was wondering if I did the right thing by spending 75 gems, but the following days removed my doubts (4-1, 5-0).
My finał results:
O: 19-6
D: 7-2 (A/A/A/A/?)

I think I have the Top 1% for sure :wink:

Good loot everyone!

4 Likes

Despite difficult moments and the belief that it would be one of my worst tournaments, I took a fairly good place in the final classification.

The loot is not impressive, but at least the amount of EHT I have is approaching 100 (where are you, Tower of Magic… :frowning: )

7 Likes

I got an epic green book and 1 EHT.

6 Likes

another week another tournament another top1 another RNG rewards not worth of mentioning

5 Likes

Final results
Attack : 22-3 (45445)
Defense : 8-3 (AAAAA)
Score : 18,200
Ranking : 46 (Top 1%)

Finishing any Rush tournament without buying back is an achievement. Using Helo as a 2nd healer to Jolly paid dividends the whole week. That meant I didn’t manage to test Swan Maiden a lot in attack, but she seems a handful in defense.

The main disappointment, other than the 3 zero point losses, is the mediocre loot for a top 100 finish.

My alt, who also finished in the top 1%, got much better rewards.

No Purple 4* Bloody next week. Undecided between a Li Xiu or Anastasia tank. See you all!

9 Likes

Main: top 5%

Defense “E”: :stuck_out_tongue: Tried Joukuhainen tank, instead of Tree, but it was bad idea.
Attack team: 2xTree, Greel, Balthazar, Rekhetre

Screenshot_20240203-152555

Alt: top 1%

Defense “A”: Maeve - Rekhetre - Tree - Dawn - cJahangir
Attack team: Maeve - Dawn - Tree - Balthazar - Rekhetre

Screenshot_20240203-184829

Second alt: top 5%

Defense “A/B”: Gunnar tank :astonished:
Attack team: Maeve - Buster - Balthazar - Gunnar/Tyrum - Helo

Screenshot_20240203-200438

5 Likes

You can still use hero’s in addition to swan if you use more swsn hero’s atbthe same time😜For example a would use a think a gunner in ther because his talent and heal on it l and use maby 3 swans this allows me to take still advantage off the chared dammage by gunner and his deff up buff this also makes it so because off the way to deal with swan choice you have.Its to or wait the special out before using yours to be able to deal dammage or use special statuseffects.But because its rush waiting 3 turns for your specials to use its not really Easy so you will try to just use pure tile dammage force but with the chared dammage link this strategy will also not just work so easy and also because off the gunner talent every tile could triger it and heal the swan you try to kill back up.And on top off this its swan also imum to deff down effects and a paladin class hero that also fan trigger by eny tile hit true the chared dammage link.And then maby also a Jolly to have the overheal and the extra deff eagainst dammage and the mana gain to give my team even more survival and with 3 swans still chare the damage it will still be effective enough to really slow the enemy down.And the dance part its not dispelble and blocks eny special skill statuseffects and even swan gets an extra dodge for specials if gowing off.And this makes it so that even specials that will do Damage and will land will not do so mutch dammage you want.

But swsn has an other advantage over all other tanks on 3* hero double Lb.She also get then the first 6roundsbthe change of 15% to take eny dammage to only 1 dammage that means that even if you use stack and get your color tile underneed her you have no guarantee she would be dead! If you got Unlucky and the rpg wants to bite your ■■■ that effect alone would make sure she will fire!And a question if the swan attacks go off can you use gunner to chare the dammage off those hits or not? Because those hits are no joke 400a 500 dammage every swan hit!!

Defenses of the top 10 finishers

6 Likes

I consider this advice almost perfect…
Why only almost?
Because there will always be better and better heroes and each of us will always be missing some “key” cards :wink:
As a result, you actually advise against doing LB2 on 3* heroes, which I completely agree with, because they have very little use outside of tournaments.
In fact, even with a 5xLB1 team you can achieve really good results in tournaments (maybe not top places, but still good).
For me, the right moment to double break 3* cards will be the appearance of LB3 (then the potential difference in statistics between LB1 and LB2 would definitely be too large).

I don’t have only: Greel, Swan and Planchet :slight_smile:
I will just add that Bjorn, Jarif and Basil are not worth upgrading IMO and I still have them at level 1.1 :wink:

1 Like

I ended up top 5% somehow, i think I had about 12,000 score. My defense was A 4 out of 5 days, only Day 1 it was a B.

2 Likes

I have all heroes mentioned bar Rekhetre, but only because I’ve trained her away. I am keeping my heroes at 1LB but need to advance more of them. I really enjoyed this round and ended up just outside the top 1%. But it was good fun!

1 Like

Overall, I find this card rather unwieldy. I used to use it sometimes in 3* rush tournaments, but stopped since I got the Jolly.

1 Like

I’ve sort of overlooked Jolly, but again, I’ve overlooked most. So when I’m done with Pepperflame I’m diving back on the 3* for a while. That list will be a good starting point to complete.
Going to get my ■■■ kicked in the coming week on 4* tournament, I haven’t got Li Xiu levelled and to few of the important heroes levelled to make it, so when I’m out, I’m all over it. It’s funny how the 5* focus makes you miss a more attainable part of the game…

1 Like

This tournament told me that Gunnar on tank is more helping than distriub, bcz 7 blue+purple tiles, and my team(Gunnar,cUlmer,Cihick Jr,Tree,cNordri) were destroing 5 instead of 3 :rofl: .
Poor all these Gunnars…