⚔ [27th Sept, 2020] - 75th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green

Looks solid…similar to what I go with.

Usually I really don’t like going mono but blue is my strongest.(don’t have Rigards or Tiburtus costume)… Tritons extra heal will not work together with Kiril as Kiril might be already dead.
Sonya+1 is stronger than Triton…but like that +20% attack in the end.
I could go crazy with double Kiril & Sonya putting in 5 costumed heroes. :joy:

2 Likes

I think mono defense gives the opponent essentially 3 colours to pick from, without consequences. Mixing in purple and/or yellow gives more of a choice of weak and strong, and which colour you want the opponent to choose. Vanilla 4* yellow only had Wu as buffer, and he is hit or miss…

I also picked blue for this tournament.

Blue has many buffers and i think that with Kiril , C rig and triton i have the booster clause covered. Grimm is for the heavy hit.

I dont think stacking yellow would be a good idea. They dont have dispel or good boosters.
I think most people will simply run mono blue on offense and as @BubblesUK said less thing one can do to discourage that. So if someone picks yellow it wouldnt be as bad i think

Yes totally agree. Li xiu will be better at flank and uncostumed to cut more mana. -10% you need 3 tiles to recover all your mana with -20% you need 4 tiles

3 Likes

I think if you have the right heroes, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going mono against the blocked strong color.

I added my Guardian Jackal to the team because he’s my only Very Fast 4*. I thought about adding a second yellow, to boost his color-specific defense-lowering, but then I’d make myself more vulnerable to purple stacking.

thanks (I google translated it; the forum uses English so we need to reply in English also. but can have a translation)

I’m not sure if I want Cyprian too, having two Purples makes Yellow stronger against me…

ooh nice one. have you thought about tanking with Boril, to buy Kiril more time? I had Kiril at tank first, then I looked again - even with fewer emblems, Boril +1 (with or without costume) already has higher defense/hp stats than my Kiril +11, so Boril went into tank :slight_smile:

Average charges in 10 tiles, so 20% cut means 2 tiles to recharge. 10% means 1, which with match 3 doesn’t make much difference I guess. I think I prefer more damage.

I think 4 out of 5 of my heroes are fixed. Only doubting nr 5. Which would be best?

Original as discussed before

Swap li to triton, extra buff and good sniper

Or go blue/purple, with proteus to buy more time

Or C-tibs for defense down and good damage

Rationale for blue purple is that 4* yellow hasn’t got good buffers and that the (very) good 4* (mist) will be less available compared to the S1 4*.

Update: @Lexxtarc I like your suggestion! Guess we have a winner:

With purple rigard, I still invite yellow, but am not as vulnerable as with 2 purples. Lots of buffers, 3 hitters for damage. Cleanse from rigard, dispell from sonya. Think this team has good synergy and everything you need in buff-booster. With a little luck this will do well!

3 Likes

Personally, i would choose first or second one. Though i dont like C.rig in the wing. You want him to fire as soon as possible in the match to activate the boost and to keep the team alive with the dot.

I would change positions with triton in the second team. So c.rig can fire sooner and triton will benefit from the boost to hit

2 Likes

After going through all posts, I think we will have the same defences. :joy:

So let’s see who will have more (less) luck.

I had few other options, but I believe this is good enough. Boril, Mist, Tiburtus and few others can wait for some other tourney.

3 Likes

No two heroes, only Cyprian i mean.!

Think I’ll go with this.

Ok i believe this is my final answer for defense. Only question is would c-tibs+2 be a better fit than proteus+20? Good luck everyone!

1 Like

ah thanks. So take out Sabina and put in Cyprian? yeah that could work, but I think I will keep Sabina for the dispel and more emblems (+20), my Cyprian only has +3 :slight_smile: but thanks, appreciate your input

1st draft…

1 Like

Is costume or regular boril better for this one??

1 Like

Would not go for Boril as tank, he is too slow and it does not hurt to send tiles into him. From my experience 4* tournements are won by tempo+manacontrol so i would go for 3 fast and 2 medium speed heroes.

Furthermore i would double purple to punish Sabina which alot will want to play and have emblems on due to a lack of 5* sorcerers.

What about:

Jackal, C-Rigs, Sonya, Kiril, x ?

1 Like

Thank you for the inspiration in this thread. I have only recently dared to particpate in these challenges with the team that I have, which is mostly 3 stars, but these tips and sharing of thoughts greatly helps a new player. Thank you :slight_smile:

I didn´t even consider having a blue tank, for example…Why is that? (What a question to ask, sorry, but bear with me, as I am learning to get to understand the game - just started playing last month)

1 Like

Glad to hear someone actually makes a profit out of our nonsense posts :joy:

BTT: in this tournement Green Heroes are not allowed so there is no counter color against blue available, thats why its best to use a blue tank.

Further Infos:

The tournement Rule is Buff Booster: so each Hero gets a 10% Buff on Attack foreach Buff he has. That increase in damage is huge if you can stack different Buffs. In response everyone will run heroes who can remove those buffs or overwrite them(example: remove Defense up with a hero who reduces defense)

There are 2 heroes who can remove buffs:

Sabina and Sonya.

As you cannot do anything to prevent your opponents from using Sonya it is reasonable to penalise the use of Sabina by placing 2 purple Heroes on defence.

Edit:

My first draft:

3 Likes

Ahh, you are brilliant @giZm0_o Thank you for clarifying! So many things to take into consideration. I imagine it gets easier, and harder, once you start building a larger roster, hah. :smiley: Thank you again :slight_smile:

Whos a better tank, Kiril+CB or Boril?

Im thinking:

Mist - Grimm - Kiril+CB - Triton - Sonya+CB

Other options:
Purple: C.Rigard, Tibertus, Sonya, Proteus
Yellow: Wu Kong, Chao, Li Xiu
Red: BT, Wilbur, Gormek, G.Falc, Lancelot, Sumle, Colen, Scarlett
Blue: Jott, Boril