⚔ [19 Jul, 2020] - 65th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, All Elements

Yeah I think so. 3* tourneys I almost never have more than 5 attacks since none of my 3* are emblemed, and it’s probably not easy to find a good pairing since endgame players will have armies of +20 3s, while early players would also tend to focus on the 3 so they’re also going to be emblemed.

4* tourneys I always get attacked 10-20 times because I’m still mostly running with 4* and most of them are (heavily) emblemed.

You have to remember every time somebody wins, they face a stronger team and most players will have many more offensive wins than losses so the stronger defensive teams will be attacked much more than the weaker ones.

Day 1 offensively went 5/0 on both and day 2 went 5/0 main and 4/1 alt. Defensively day 1 went 7/3 main and 3/2 alt for A grade on both. Currently 12/9 main for a B and 4/3 alt also for a B. Hoping for an A on both by the end of the day. Currently top 1% for both.

Ended up going with the following defenses for my main and alt. Scores are from yesterday.

20200721_163536

20200721_163557

1 Like

Aha I see you also ran with a blue-green-blue center to force a green stack. I like your thinking - great minds think alike. :wink:

(no but seriously, the tl;dr explanation is green is the weakest in terms of damage dealers for 3* heroes, you can literally count them all on one hand - Berden, Mnesseus, Hisan for snipers, then Isshtak and Carver for hit-3/AoE and that’s it. Now go and count the number of red and blue hitters in the 3* deck, day and night difference)

2 Likes

@rho - None of my 3* heros have emblems and I have been attacked 10x and there are still 6hrs left in Day 2! Maybe, they have a thing for shark meat! @JAWS_3D, that one is for you! :wink:

Day 2 - I did much better today! I went 5-0 attacking and 4-2 defending. Overall, I’m 8-2 attacking and 8-4 defending. My defense was attacked 12 times in 2 days! At this rate, my defense may have to hold up to as many as 30 attacks in 5 days! Hopefully, it holds up.

@rho is right. The 3* purple snipers are ruling the day! A solid purple-green-purple middle is holding up very well!

Good luck all! :wink:

1 Like

Day 2
4-1 on offense, defense racked up one more win for a total of 3-0 so far.

Single loss on offense was due to this gem of a team:

Keep in mind I do not have one single emblemed 3*. Board sucked obviously, had a grand total of 5 blue tiles on the opening board, with 17 green tiles and 8 purple tiles, the two colors I didn’t bring obviously. Board wanted me to lose and so I did, screw that.

Next board sucked just as bad but thankfully I managed to work it out. Top 1% and I absolutely intend to keep it that way. Will see what beautiful treasures await me tomorrow.

@JAWS1

2 Likes

Day 1 & 2

Attacks went well the first day (no loss) and mediocre on second (2 losses) … heavily changing my teams.

8 : 2

Decided to switch Jahangir to Grevle to have a healer despite having 3 passive heroes now. Emblemed up Gill-Ra to +19. Doing well so far

3 : 1 B A (1:1 after first day)

Keep on rushing! :sunglasses:

1 Like

lol :laughing: :shark: plenty of blood in the water over here!! No 3* with emblems for me either and my defense is a perfect 9-0 :rofl: :grin: :heart_eyes: loving it!

5 Likes

Defense at 4-5.

Offense was 3-2 today (12-3 total), facing really hard +100 teams now. Had one really close win, one loss because of a really really bad board (diamonds and cascades in all the wrong colours…) against this team:

Also, once costume renfeld in rush starts stealing mana, he just doesn’t stop… will probably give a few precious fighter emblems to use him in more 3* tournaments.

Also lost the last match against this team:

Didn’t get enough good matches to kill brienne before the debuff, and my costume tyrum got killed before he could cleanse it…

Did barely win the other match against a +100 team with (c) brienne, but then at flank:

Very probably the last few matches tomorrow for a top10 finish (top5 if lucky, 25 if really not)

5 Likes

Day 3

Again 2 failed attacks…one time not playing concentrated and once having an ugly board…so continue needed tomorrow

11 : 4

Defence even improving

4 : 1 B A A

1 Like

Day 3
3-2 on offense, 2 losses to +100 teams with bad boards. Seriously how do you not have ONE purple tile in the opening board, like 0 zilch nada zip. Yeah sure it’s all RNG it’s all random blah blah blah :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Defense picked up one loss but stil 3-1 for an A. Only top 5% now, I’m gonna be mega pissed if I don’t make it top 1% this round.

I feel your pain…went 2-3 on attack facing 300+ TP teams and having some wickedly terrible boards :nauseated_face:

Def is still 2-0 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: A grade bonus points might keep me in top 1% :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Day 3 - Toughest day so far. All the teams I faced were maxed emblemed or close to it. I went 3-2 attacking and 1-2 defending. Overall, I’m 11-4 attacking and 9-6 defending (A-rated defense so far). I’m currently in the Top 5%. I’ll finish off the week and hope for a Top 1% finish. Good luck all! :wink:

1 Like

RNG at it’s best. Always using my most successful line-ups, but after first day 4-1 and 2 days 5-0 on attack today wicked 3 looses in a row and only 2-3… used continue as my def is A (2-0) after 3 days.
and no, I have no emblems on my 3* and never plan to give some to any of them.

1 Like

Day 4

One loss against Gunnar-tank with double healers HawkmoonC and Belith on wings…my .Mnesseus died early so I was not able to kill a single hero…even the fight took very long.

15 : 5

Defense is improving

6 : 1 B A A A

1 Like

My score was was at 1% but some bad boards brought me to 5% and I’m out now.
My defense is impeccable at 9 wins and no loses. Should I pay 75 gems to continue or is the tournement just harder from now on ?

1 Like

If I were in your position, I would.

My MAIN reason depends on whether my defense has been at A/B If my defense has been at A or B. That additional 900/650 points can help you push into the 1% again. These are points that are not within anybody’s control.

Furthermore, you had been in the top 1% and only dropped out to 5%. I would allow myself only ONE buy-in. If I have 4 defeats again, I will let it be.

2 Likes

Never paid off for me! Haven’t even contested this one yet, but for people to win, some have to lose. I’m good with that!

If you still get to 1% at the end of this tourney, then that 75 gems spent is worth it. The rewards far outweigh the cost of continuing the tourney. With a max of 30 possible emblems, that is more than the cost of 75 gems (Shop is sometimes offering a total of 10 emblems for 175 gems; 30 emblems cost 525 gems from the shop, thus you save 450 gems), plus the chance of getting reset emblems, crafting materials, battle item, unfarmable ascension item (epic ones, preferred) and chance of getting 3 EHTs (1 ETT is equivalent to 300 gems), or 3 ETTs (1 ETT is equivalent to 200 gems). Even the regular summon tokens have their use in the next POV.

1 Like