⚔ [19 Jul, 2020] - 65th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, All Elements

Too many options :see_no_evil:

How does this look?

Not happy to bench my man Kvasir but that sand empire defense family bonus should be nice. Maybe?

2 Likes

This is what I went with. It mostly hinges on Gunnar surviving the first wave of tiles, but green 3*'s are either mostly passive or they’re fast and not built to survive. I feel quite optimistic that this one is going to work out ok.

2 Likes

Any experience with Sudri on def?

1-0 so far on defense, and I went 5-0 on attacks this morning.

Attacks were… kinda silly. :wink: I mixed it up for the first couple of attacks, then settled on a specific attack team and ran with that for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th attacks of the day.

The attack team:

One of my fights started off in a worrisome way: both of my damage dealers (An-Windr and Jahangir) died before Shrubbear could fire, and I wound up facing the team below with NO direct damage left on my attack team:

I ended up winning, but the timer was running down and the damage bonus percentage (for taking so long!) was up to 190% by the end. :wink: Having to kill everything with ONLY tile damage was pretty rough.

But as you can see here… the only real risk to me was running out of time. :smiley: Look at those big ol’ piles of health!

Good gaming!

3 Likes

First day.

In attack it was a great day. I face the enemy with favorable boards overall and at the end of the day, and sadly, its an important part of the game because if you cannot fix a bad board in the few turns its most of the time a lost, and with rush rule its even more evident.

I have been raiding with either

Bjorn -c. hawkmoon - chochin - Jahgnir - Namaghe

or

C.Hawkmoon - Jahgnir - Gato - Nordri -c. Gunnar

The last team is what i used for the last 3 battles of the day. A deadly one with gunn def down nordri ice def down .

Overall i went 5 w 0 L this day.

In defense its another story, only one attack, it was a loose. Lets see what happen with next attacks

3 Likes

4-1 for offense today and so far, 2-1 for defense, so it’s currently Grade B.

I was unlucky on the one I lost, and it was down to 1 vs 1, sadly my hero had only 26 health left, and although theirs had no special, it just slapped and died :frowning:

The most annoying match I had was endless, NO ONE on either side was dying.
Their defense was

Hawkmoon +20 / Gunnar +19 / Belith +19 / Kailani +4 / Tyrum

I didn’t pay attention before picking my team, so didn’t take my own Tyrum, and I ended up taking 2x Kvasir, Bane, 2x Bjorn… my LORD, that match was ENDLESS!! Thankfully you get the damage boost towards the end, otherwise it would have just been no one dying but I would have lost

2 Likes

Offense 4-1. Lost the last match, picked 3 reds and did not get charge them…

I figured I would probably lose the 4th match, but had enough matches to get through.

Defense so far at 1-2.

2 Likes

Day 1
5-0 on offense, 2-0 defense so far for an A. I ultimately went with this defense:

Glad all that thinking and wrangling seems to have paid off so far. Last match was already against a +10 emblemed team, so it’s only going to be an uphill battle from here. (I don’t have a single emblemed 3* hero)

2 Likes

Well, gosh darnit, the necessity for color stacking has come to even 3* rush attack tournaments now. The last bastion of interesting gameplay has now been taken from us.

Day 1 - I will admit the 3* tournaments are fun because it gives me a chance to use heros I normally don’t use. I went 3-2 attacking and 4-2 defending (A-rated). Not bad. I wish I had Grevle leveled. He’s on the list. Good luck all! :wink:

1 Like

My day 1 was an easy 5-0 win on offense, and 3-0 win on defense
My day 2 was a disastrous 1-4 on offense and 0-0 defense
That knocks me out of the game :cry: but i’m going to update my defense stats if it keeps holding up well

1 Like

Nothing new. 3-2 on first day. And 3-2 on second day. I’m out. No I Wil not pay to continue. This is a recorrent behavior. They jsut want us to pay to continue…

What’s happening with this game? harder and harder every day!!! I put this defense

And I got this rivals??? why???

My defence team is in field for 14 times in two days. 4 lost out of 14. Is there is any reason why my team is attacked so many times ?

That’s very normal, you are paired with opponents based on the strength of your 3* roster. Since you have quite a few heavily emblemed 3* heroes, it’s no surprise you’re already facing +20 teams, especially if you keep winning against them.

For reference I don’t have a single emblem on any of my 3*s, and I’m already fighting +10 to +15 teams and it’s only day 2! Think about how much harder it is for me especially if the board sucks as well.

1 Like

My strongest 3* are at +7, and I’m facing +80 teams too. Had a good day in offense, 5-0.

Defense at 3-4 (C), up from 1-2 (D).

Got lucky with the last match (2676 after winning against 2834?), and a great starting board:

1 Like

Def Team:
Bjorn-Ulmer-By-Ulf-Bauchan-Bjorn All Maxed 0 Emblems :star_struck:

Attack Team: Been rolling pretty much with this attack:
Ulmer, Belith, By-Ulf, Bauchan, Nordri All Max 0 Emblems :star_struck:

so the pairing is about the strength of my 3* rooster? I thought that was paired to my tournament defense team heroes

That used to be the case I think, and no surprise it was far too easy to exploit by intentionally putting out a much weaker defense and having an easier time. So it got changed to the strength of your roster.

5 Likes

I wonder if that also has an effect on the number of times your Def Team is attacked. So far this tournament, only attacked twice…the past two tourneys I was pummeled with at least 10 attacks on my Def Team by the end of day 2!!! :upside_down_face: