⚔ [19 Jul, 2020] - 65th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, All Elements

I noticed that the opponenet is increasingly getting tougher. My team has some emblemed heroes and only lvl1 troops. Comparing that with the current top 1%. They all have heroes +20emblems and high level troops. I don’t know if paying gems will bring me any higher in ranks.

That brings me to the second question. How much do player spent to stay in top 1% ?

It’s for you to know and for you to find out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Boards willing, zero gems. I have that several times in the past. Now it’s getting harder since a lot of players are embleming their 3* and 4* heroes.

Harder with the rise of 3* emblemed. Faced 4/5 fully emblemed with level 15 troops on the first day. Lost 2. Same next day and I was out. All teams much stronger than mine. 50% of the time I could place top 10%, twice in top 5%. No more.

Defense has done 4 and 4. Those who beat me were much stronger.

The creep gets creepier…

Funnily enough 9/10 of the players I’ve faced with these crazy +100 teams have scored far lower than I have in this tourney, which really makes me wonder if they got to where they are due to brute force and not because of their skill.

2 Likes

Day 4 - Was very much like Day 3. The opposition was stiff. I went 3-2 attacking and 0-0 defending. Overall, I’m 14-6 attacking and 9-6 defending (still an A-rated defense). My defense is keeping me in this. If I can go 5-0 attacking on the last day and maintain an A-rated defense, I “might” sneak into the Top 1%. Currently, I’m in the Top 5%. Crossing my fingers! Good luck all! :wink:

1 Like

Crazy thing about facing all of these maxed, emblemed teams is that if you mess up on the initial boards and inadvertently charge even one of their heros, you’re totally screwed! Remember, my team has no emblems on the heros at all! It forces you to “think” about every move!

Day 4
4-1 on offense, defense still at 3-1 for an A.

That 1 loss did force a buy-in (grrrr) but it was an almost win since I had an extremely bad opening board against a +100 team but still managed to off 4 of their heroes (and besides, the no-skilled moron running that team barely scored 3000 points :rofl::rofl::rofl:).

But then I went on to school the next two no-skilled morons running +100 teams for a top 1% finish. EFF YEAH, you no-skilled +100 morons can’t stop me from getting my top 1%! :love_you_gesture: :muscle: :muscle:

Yeah that’s why I went 3-1-1, with cHawkmoon and Gunnar as the staple 1-1 for insurance in case of a bad board, and stack 3 colors against the tank. (Gunnar is seriously awesome, overwrites any defense debuffs, and that spirit link protects against nasty snipers like Namahge and Balthazar).

Does it always work out? Of course not, and I’d say more often than not I don’t even get the colors I want on the opening board. But like you said, this is where the “skill” part comes into play, which too many of these +100 players sadly seem to be lacking lots of.

1 Like

I would assume that they only have one team +20 and a far lower bench on 3* otherwise for attack purposes.

I suppose, but I’ve been battling +20 teams since day 2 so it’s not like I’m having an easy time either. Plus at least they have a few +20 heroes to use whereas I have none., and in a 3* rush tourney that amount of power differential is very significant.

Well this kind of sucks…attacked once

This is my most used attack team. It’s even usefull against non-red tank. Two healers take care of the team and the three blue heroes deals massive damage to all enemy. Add hawkmoon attack buff and it could wiped out the entire enemy team in one sweep. This team keeps me in top 1%.

3 Likes

Damn you figured out a hack to use 4* troops in these tourneys, no wonder you’re crushing them while the rest of us run with lowly 2* troops. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Day 5 - I followed the script and “backed end” to the Top 1%. Today, I went 4-1 attacking and 0-0 defending. Overall, I finished 18-7 attacking and 9-6 defending (A-rated defense all week). Since I’ll get top points for my defense, the Top 1% rating should hold up. Not bad for a non-emblemed team both offensively and defensively. Good luck all! :wink:

2 Likes

Day 5
3-2 on offense, defense still 3-1 for A.

Both losses due to unlucky boards against +100 teams, but I did the best I could in each case and didn’t score a big fat goose egg. It also gave me great satisfaction to see that in each case, the player clearly did not know what they were doing and barely ranked in top 50%.

Went 19-6 on offense total for a solid top 1% finish (rank 2664), proving once again that superior board playing skills is much more important than having a +100 team and not having a damn clue what you’re doing. :wink:

@JAWS1
I think when you’re severely underpowered, you think over each move very carefully, especially when the opening board is terribad. There were a few matches where I still hadn’t made a move 2 minutes in because I kept trying to see what would happen if I made certain moves, and what the chances of the tiles falling in place I wanted were. Paid off in each case; my proudest example was going against a +20 Nashgar tank with 3 blue and having exactly 2 blue tiles on the opening board lol. Thought I’d lose for sure, but with a bit of luck and lots of cascading to clear junk tiles I managed to win that one with 2 heroes still standing in the end.

2 Likes

I completely agree @rho! All 5 battles today were against +80 - +100 emblemed teams. I won 4 of them. All of them could have easily gone the other way if the opponent had arrange their heros differently or had used different heros (if available). The one I lost I clear did not play well and got myself in a hole I could not dig out of. But, my strategy changed to take out as many heros as I could for the points since my goal was to break the Top 1%. That’s the difference between these tournaments and a typical raid. You get partial points for a well fought battle. :wink:

Yep that’s exactly why I always fought to the bloody end even if I knew for sure I wasn’t winning. Apart from one match with an absolutely BS board where I didn’t even make any on-color matches until 3 heroes were already dead, I did not score 0 for any other matches. A loss with 4 heroes taken out is much closer to a win than a loss. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No emblems on any 3* hero.

Went like this in def

All days A

Attack 21:4

Loot - not great

1 Like

Day 1: 4-1
Day 2: 1-3
Didn’t buy in, also because my defense had about 7 losses in a row so it was pointless lol.

Top 75% and got a regular summon token: Nashgar

1 Like

Pretty decent rewards (also got 3 golden tokens and 10 emblems).

1 Like