All Elements
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [27 Aug 2023] - 227th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, All Elements

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

5 Likes

I’m thinking about this team

But I’m worried about paeia’s speed so not sure if I should go with joukahainen instead. I don’t like pairing him with felton as then you don’t get the benefit of felton’s reflect.

Also not sure if it’s worth swapping out boots with waqas for the family bonus with faiez.

1 Like

Ppl help me.
This is team I would like to use:

But I’m not sure does this team fits to this tournament.
If u can help me with defense setup.
Other maxed 3*s I have:

I can emblem Jack if I need to

1 Like

Lets see how this team does

4 Likes

Think this tournament favours attack (and Joukahainnen). I’m trying the rubber duck approach, might swap Mnesseus in for for the dispel.

1 Like

Toon Belith might actually work here but I went for something pretty conservative because I don’t have her leveled up yet:

May the best board win!

4 Likes

Yona is fast and has good def/hp for this tourney. Went with the Slayers and the Musketeers. 3 Rouges wasn’t intentional but will do just fine nonetheless. Each has their own heal/regen plus Yona’s hp boost. SO we’ll see how this goes.

2 Likes

First draft

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is how I’m leaving it - I also have Swan Maiden…so not sure yet.

Could go with this?

2 Likes

Day 1: O 4-1, D 2-3 so far.

Three nasty boards, have been stacking 2-2-1 on offense (Swan +4 fast). Bad board against Felton & Jouk was unsurprisingly the loss. Considering finishing toon Bane and toon Valen to go with 4 fast toons.

2 Likes

Trying out some new heroes and teams this week, so not too worried about the results.

By some weird randomness, the first 4 defenses faced all had Blue tanks. My new 3-1-1 Green stack is Edelaide - Zarola - Joukahainen - Yona - Zarola. Yona is just level 50 and is a bit fragile but she’s very fun to use. Either coin flip special skill is useful.

Lost the first match against a passive defense of Treevil - Helo - Frosty - Sudri - Kvasir. Overcame a bad board to kill off the 2 Blues, but a cascade charged Treevil and Sudri with a lot of Reds on the board. All my heroes except Edelaide got splattered. The next 3 were a bit better and wins.

Faced a Faiez tank in the last match and could try out my new Red stack of Bagreg - Boots - Starswift. Those 3 hitting at the same time is a sight to behold :grin:

Defense hasn’t been attacked yet.

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Decided to waste some resources on LB-ing and 2xLB-ing some of my 3 star toons. Stats are crazy and are holding up just fine so far. It’s the only way I can feel like a whale as VC2P/F2P, lol

6 Likes

I had such a bad run this tournament… lost my first 4 battles without coming close to victory lol boards were not on my side… also used 2 slow heroes which punished me harsher for bad boards…

2 Likes

Had a very decend first day. Four of the five wins been pretty easy, one was very tough. But I think I didn‘t choose the right team, wasn‘t happy from the moment I pushed the button :wink:
My defense still has no attacks, so I hope it’ll improve this evening or over night.

3 Likes

Day 2: O 5-0 (9-1), D 9-13 (7-9 at end of day 1, C/C?)

Score 6285, probably 6785 if defense holds for a C.

No issues on attack - faced lots of toons, so just went buff heavy on offense (Faiez MVP for the day).

2 Likes

Seeing this just reinforces my idea. Toons will ruin (or maybe they already are ruining) tournaments.

I actually only picked one toon on offence all day, and that was toon Azar against them team with no toons in it (wanted to make sure the Treevil tank never fired). Against all the toon-heavy teams, I didn’t pick a single toon and didn’t struggle.

It’s not just who you pick on offense or whether you win or lose against a defense. If 15 out of the 25 possible spots on defense you face are occupied by heroes from the same family, imo there’s a problem. I fear it will be even worse on 4s tournaments

Well, I’ve faced 35 different heroes across ten attacks.

Compare that to the 3* rush tournament on 29/01/24: I faced only 18 different heroes across ten attacks by end of day 2. 24 of the available 50 opposition slots were occupied by just four heroes (Treevil, Jolly, Dawn, Joukahainnen).

I went out of that tournament on day 2, I’m still in this one!

Partly the greater variety is because it’s not rush (so fewer Treevils) and not BB (so fewer Dawns and Kvasirs). But toons are breaking up the 3* meta a bit by offering a viable counter to Joukahainnen and Treevil and Dawn.

I think toons are positive - especially because I don’t have Dawn or Jouk.

Day 2 was a bit like Groundhog Day. Lost the first match again before winning the last 4. Even the loss was in familiar fashion. Killed the middle 3 defenders Buster - cKvasir - Swan Princess, but couldn’t find the tiles to either heal my heroes or finish off the wing Jouka and Zarel before they fired.

Faced more varied tank colours today, and my Purple (Maeve - Aqeela - Tyrum/cTyrum) and Yellow (Edelaide - Kvasir - Jaco) teams got a chance to come out and play. None of the fights were easy. It took until the 4th match before I could complete the PoG task of winning raid without losing a hero. Naturally it was with my Red stack (Bagreg - Boots - Starswift) vs a Grevle tank. Can’t wait to use them along with Buster in CF1 later this week.

Defense has lost the only time it was attacked yesterday. Still 0-1 at the moment.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 0-1 E 2,665 200 2,865
2 8-2 0-1 E 5,705 5,705

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes