⚔ [09 Oct, 2022] - 181th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green

I’m really suprised! O: 9-1 after day 2!
5* tournaments aren’t my favorites and blue is my weakest colour - green is the strongest :slight_smile:
I lost only one fight against

this team

IMG_20221012_084951

Defense didn’t suprise me… 2-6 and double “E”.

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Today wasn’t as good.
Went 3-2 and lost against Hawkthorn and Khepri tanks. Very bad starting boards against both of them.
Still 0 looses against blue tanks.

O : 13-2 (5-0, 5-0, 3-2)
D : Not doing well, as was expected - 2-4 (E,D, currently D)

The lowest TP I faced since start of day 2 - 5230, highest 5327. Like wow. I never raided player with 5300 tp before and I got some 53xx defs here. Still finding this ridiculous as I have nowhere the roster of these people. 3 defs at 53xx TP and my 2 looses were against 2 of those coincidentally.
I’ll post teams I faced today if I feel like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Day 3 was a bloodbath. I think RNG got her wires crossed and thought I was playing the Contest of Elements quest because there were matches where there was Yellow everywhere. Not so good when you are attacking with a mono Purple team :stuck_out_tongue:

First loss was to a Cao Cao tank. A slow hero managed to fire before I could charge any of my VF heroes. The Bastet flank just rubbed in the salt for a very quick zero.

The 2nd loss was to a Zuri - Khufu - Krampus - Sobek - Goseck team. Krampus fired twice and Sobek + his passive did the rest. Khufu didn’t even need to lift his paws.

At least defense is exceeding the low bar of expectations, being C-D-D (5-8) for the moment. 12-3 record and probably will buy back in if I get knocked out tomorrow since this is a hard tournament. The last time I went 18-7 with an AEDDD defense and still finished in the top 5%

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-3 (C) 3341 500 3841
2 9-1 3-7 (D) 7632 400 8032
3 12-3 5-8 (D) 10451 10451

Better luck than me everyone! :smiley:

4 Likes

Not so good today or yesterday, either. I got my 4th defeat on the final attack today (Day 3)…and there’s no reason to buy back in. I don’t have a super deep 5* roster, but all my attacks were against teams TP 300-450 or so points above me. I probably should have swapped my defensive tank to be Boril instead of Richard. Oh well.

Offense = 11-4 (2 losses yesterday, 2 losses today)
Defense = 1-9 so far (all E’s because I did get attacked the first day after all, lone win was yesterday sometime)

Points = 8801
Rank (for now) = Top 10%

Hoping for half decent loot. I am very happy with my mythic titan loot from today, so it’ll all balance out, even if this gives me crummy loot on Saturday. My prediction is that I finish Top 50% in this tournament.

Good luck to everyone else still in the tournament, today, Day 4, and even Day 5 if you get there. See you Saturday (to see whether my guess was right, and my reaction to the loot). Hopefully some good RNG on loot day, for all.

3 Likes

Rofl. 10-0 on Monday/Tuesday.

4 back-to-back losses today. I raid 3/1/1 and couldn’t get ANYTHING.

Then both of my first war boards, same damn thing even with 3/1/1.

Thanks SG. So glad to see that we’re in agreement about me not ever spending another dollar with you.

1-1 and done. (Hey, that rhymes!)
8-4 overall. I used to buy back into these things regularly, but the loot isn’t worth it anymore and I don’t enjoy these five star tournaments enough to buy back.

Most surprising is that my defense is holding at “A” with a 7-3 record.

4 Likes

Day 2 and 3:

O: 4-1 and 4-1 (13-2)
D: 2-0 yesterday, 3-0 today

had a pretty good day yesterday, no particularly scary teams except the last one i lost to, LoLo tank which i thought was weird but it was cAlasie - Ludwig - LoLo - Adalinda - Kullervo. I took my standard anti-Ludwig yellow stack and got enough tiles to take LoLo out but one tile short of actually charging Mist before Ludwig fired and i got shredded pretty quick by the other three. Then first loss right off the bat today to an Aegir tank and a board just full of green and red. couldn’t find any tiles to charge anyone and Killhare went off with like three buffs and just demolished me. after that, went on to 4 relatively easy wins because the boards were pretty good, switching up the team as needed, but usually either my blue or yellow stack.

D doing surprisingly well, happy about that! i’m currently in 1% with 11572 points, rank 1317. :astonished:

good luck on day 4 everyone!

3 Likes

Dropped back a bit today 3W2L seeing all 5k+teams today. Leaves me in attack at 12-3 overall. Defence is A,B, probably B sitting in top 5% overall.

3 Likes

Got my 4th loss right off the bat against a Khepri tank flanked by cViv and Horus. Attacked with 4 Dark + Grazul and had a good board, but just as I charged my Dark heroes a cascade went into Khepri. Couldn’t get Grazul ready in time before the scarab bomb exploded taking out 3 of my heroes. Managed to salvage 404 points from it though.

Bought back in as I was filling my Raid chest and I enjoy fighting 5100+ teams. Won the next 2 against Diaochan and Xnol tanks by going mono Yellow (Mist - cLeo - cViv - Devana - Anastasia). RNG balanced out a bit against the Xnol tank by giving me a huge Yellow cascade just as he was about to fire and give mana to the Khufu next to him.

Was feeling pretty good then, but quickly crashed back to Earth in the last 2 matches against Sobek tanks. Scored 269 and a zero :sweat_smile:

Defense is bouncing around in the D bracket at 8-13. Will be tough to stay in top 5% though unless I get 5 wins tomorrow

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 2-3 (C) 3341 500 3841
2 9-1 3-7 (D) 7632 400 8032
3 12-3 6-12 (D) 10451 400 10851
4 14-6 8-13 (D) 13047 13047

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 4:

Two losses straightaway both thanks to boards just full of green puts me out with 13-4. Kinda too bad too, as my defense is 4-0 and it’s been A all week, that hasn’t happened for a bit, certainly not in a 5* tournament. so, ending in 5% with 12735 points, rank 27621 but my defense won’t keep me there i’m sure, i’ll probably drop to 10% by Saturday.

good luck on the rest of your battles and your loot everyone!

3 Likes

Results through Day 3:

O: 12-3
D: 10-3

Monday and Wednesday were 5-0, but Tuesday was a disaster for my offense. Nothing worked, boards hated me, and it was disheartening.

2 Likes

4-1 on the last day to finish 18-7 on attack. Went with the same team of Onyx - Khonshu - Hannah - cVictor - cSabina all 5 matches since there were taunters and riposters aplenty.

The single loss was against this team

Sobek has been my main PITA this week, losing against him as a tank 3 times. Couldn’t get anything going and only managed to kill him with tiles after he had fired.

The other 4 matches had better boards so not much of a sweat.

Defense has moved up to C at 10-13, but even without the last day’s defense score I’m already better than the last tournament 33 weeks ago in terms of total score, so top 5% looks assured.

Good luck to those still fighting. Hope we get good rewards tomorrow :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers:

Attack results this week based on TP

TP Win Loss
<5000 3
5000-5099 3 1
5100-5199 7
5200-5299 5 5
>5300 1

Post-mortem analysis : Need to do better against 5200+ teams :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

After 5 days (yes I continued… lol)

O : 19-6 (5-0, 5-0, 3-2, 2-3, 4-1)
D : 7-5 (E,D,D,B) currently B
Quite a comeback for defense made me continue actually. (From 2-5 to 7-5, 3-5 after 3 days)

11 wins in a row, loose, win, loose, win, 3 looses in a row and after that only 1 loose in 7 remaining flags. Just a typical rollercoaster. I should end in top 5% I believe (17069 points).

I had some spare time, so here are all defs I faced this tourney and outcomes :

Day 1

(W)

(W)

(W)

(W)

(W) This one was harder than the rest so far.

Day 2

(W)

(W)

(W) Same player as flag 1.

(W)

(W)
I had some great luck of boards in my first 3 flags, those defs are normally really tough.

Day 3

(W)

(L) 0 points. 2nd worst board in whole tournament, even with my yellow mana troops being most undeveloped of all colors, it wouldn’t change an outcome if they were better developed. I went 4-1 like previous Hawthorn tank attacks - D’Andre, Athena, Inari, Drake, Kara.

(W)

(L) 134 points. The board was fairly average, but I put like 7 tiles into CC Khagan trying to match yellow tiles, I did find 9 of them, but sadly here I lost because of my yellow troops not being well developed enough. I only charged D’Andre, while Inari and Kara needed 1 more tile to fire. Then CC Khagan fired and annihilated everyone.

(W)

Day 4

(L) 402 points. I somehow managed to loose it despite the fact that Alfrike and Cleaver never fired… This was winnable. I went a bit too passively into this defense too with D’Andre, Athena, Inari, Azmia, Kara. I made it to part where it was only D’Andre and Azmia against Cao and CC Viv, I simply had no chance even in tiebreaker. Maybe a sniper over Azmia would have been better here.

(L) 0 points. Worst board of the tournament, took 4-1 Alex, Frida, Athena, C Magni, Kara. I should have rather took CB Sabina instead of Kara, but I doubt with the board I had, that it would change the outcome. I had 1 blue and 4 yellow tiles at starting board, everywhere else red, green and purple. Even after matching some diamonds, I got no tiles, Bennu fired like twice and then others followed, I charged no one.

(L) 402 points. Another winnable match. Forgot what went wrong here…

(W)

(W)

Day 5

(W)

(W)

(L) 134 points. This was winnable, just very unlucky timing here… Quan, Zhuge and LuBu fired in same turn… had no dodge or taunt ready for this as well, sadly.

(W)

(W)

@Liam_K I faced no Sobek tanks at all. I put mine on flank in defense, cause he isn’t LB, but I probably wouldn’t put him on tank myself.

3 Likes

Final day (total):

O: 1-4 (18-7)
D: (10-5)

This was a weird tournament for me. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday were 5-0, but Wednesday and Friday were abysmal. In hindsight, I could definitely blame some of Friday on bad boards, but it was also my not paying enough attention to the opposing team. For example, I decided to hold off a turn on using Zuri’s special, not realizing cPanther would be going off - that probably singlehandedly cost me a loss. I also stupidly failed to bring any dispellers against a team that included Nadezhda and Ludwig. I keep trying to think Lu Bu is an acceptable substitute for dispellers, but it’s time for me to realize he really isn’t.

3 Likes

Day 1-5

O : 22-3 (5-0,4-1,4-1,5-0,4-1)

Normally, I will not post the update on 5* tournament since I don’t have much choice in 5* tournament. I have to go with C/CB Kiril/Sonya - Milena - Lord Loki - Skadi - Kara in all attack since blue is only color that I have some powerful 5* :sweat_smile:. My Lord Loki and Kara don’t LB. And I don’t even have mana troop to make Kara charge in 9 tile :joy:. I didn’t expect to end the tournament without buying back. Normally, I don’t buy back since I am not good at 5* tournament. However, no green give the advantage to me and I seem to have pretty good luck on this tournament :smile:.

My attack result based on TP in @Liam_K style :sweat_smile:

TP Win Loss
≤4999 2
5000-5099 2
5100-5199 4 1
5200-5299 10 2
≥5300 4

All lose come from that I can’t get blue and yellow tile fast enough. I have to say that my MVP is Milena follow by Kara. They save me so many times. Many times, I think I will lose Milena heal my team back quickly from 3 ghost tile or annihilate whole enemy team with 6 ghost tile and many times, Kara sacrifice herself for my win :rofl:.

D : 7-5 (AABBB)

My defense team

Get lucky win streak in day 1 and 2 but get more lose and fall to B. As my defense usually don’t get many attack much in day 5, I think it will stay B.

With this result, I am at rank 536 now :smiley:. Top 1% for sure. Probably the high rank for 5* tournament in this year for me because I don’t remember any other 5* tournament that I can finish in this year :rofl:.

4 Likes

I’m not revising everything this time, rewards were terrible, who says top 5% better than top 1%, nope, I don’t agree at all. I’m not even gonna show picture of it. Simply scabbard, 2 silvers, 50 druid emblems and 3* holy and 4* purple aethers. worse than 90% of loot I get in top 1% :smiley:

Final results
Attack : 18-7
Defense : 11-13 (CDDCC)
Score : 17,205
Ranking : 19,029 (Top 5%)

Defense better than expected, but otherwise normal results for a 5* tournament

Loot was nothing special either.

Maybe it’ll be better next week. 4* Bloody, no Red. See you!

1 Like

well, i did hang on to 10% on the strength of my defense being an A all week, it ended 5-1. loot was kinda below average:

happy about the sorcerer emblems though, just finished maxing Marcel. :+1:

2 Likes

If these are the 5% rewards I don’t want to be top 1%.

2 Likes

Only 2 3* aether. 3 Troop token is good. Still not get green 3* aether from 3 last tournament. I need one more to LB my Noril :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes