Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2024-05-05T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2024-05-06T08:00:00Z
2024-05-11T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
All Elements
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [17 Sep, 2023] - 230h Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, All Elements

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

4 Likes

Anyone got a good counter for the Jolly+Faiez nightmare that happened last time? I’m wondering whether Boots + lots of support can grind them down.

Joukahainen? He’s a two in one, dispels and prevents further buffs.
Otherwise, there’s poor Mnesseus or Tyrum. Honestly can’t remember if there’s some other 3s amongst the ones i never pulled dispelling/preventing buffs

2 Likes

S1 wizards with Superior Jinx would work most of the time. Ulmer and cJahangir for example.

Also Felton for reflecting buffs and cKvasir to block.

1 Like

Tyrum toon costume will be popular when it comes out. Agree Jouk is the best option, for those that have him.

I think I’m just going to stack mono red when I get drawn against Faiez tank + Jolly support. Might as well get it over and done with one way or the other!

How’s this defense look?

On offense I can do Zarola or Waqas for Shrub.

1 Like

Should I switch someone for Faiez, Boots, Kvasir or Joukhainen ?

For Example: Tree, Dawn, Jolly, Faiez, Shru ?

I so need to Lb2 my faiez, but i only have 6 to 7 Alpha Aethers and want to save them for Gestalt.

Buster too.
And to be honest, plenty more that are great

Maybe Bauchan can slow them down a bit …

Hopefully two Treevils is enough.

1 Like

Probably going with this on defense:

Still debating Waqas vs Boots, Shrubbear vs c Belith.

Expecting to see quite a few similar set ups, so am going to try the following against Jolly/Faiez/Shrub defenses:

Give me 7 red tiles or give me death, can’t be bothered watching the clock run out as happened to me last time.

1 Like

Safely through day 1. Usual assortment of toons, swans & treevils, but so far haven’t pulled a Jolly/Faiez combo. Closest I came was Faiez/Helo combo, against which I stacked three red, managed to take out Faiez before he fired.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

3-2 today, very annoying and disastrous. When you get the opposite tiles for what you need, there is no hope.

4 Likes

Find myself switching attack teams a lot more in tournaments recently (Sign of a mature roster I guess). The left side stayed the same (Zarel - Jolly - Treevil) throughout. Joukahainen and Greel were the other 2 to start, but switched in Starswift for Greel a couple of times in a Rainbow.

Lost the second match against a Dawn tank. She just kept firing and her owls just stopped anyone getting mana. Zero point loss. Will have to use my Toons against her if I face her again tomorrow.

Thought myself lucky not to face any Treevil tanks in the first 4 matches. Then in the last match, the defense was…

Brought in the bear brothers tGan Ju and Shrubbear. Induced the tank to fire while Shrubby’s auto taunt was active. Got a nice number of Yellow and Green tiles to win without losing anyone.

Defense hasn’t been attacked yet.

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Day 1
O: 5-0
D: 3-1 at this moment…

3 Likes

Did go this for defence

Day 2: when RNG don’t want you to win, you don’t win.

Three matches like that, unsurprisingly went 2-3 on offense. Didn’t mind losing to the Dawn team, she fired before Kvasir so never mind. But losing two winnable (easy!) games before you can fire a special simply because you can’t get 7 tiles in a useful colour is annoying.

2 Likes

Only 4 Treevils faced today, 2 in one match. The diversity in defense is certainly an improvement in my opinion.

Similar attack teams as yesterday Zarel - Jolly - Treevil - Joukahainen/tGan Ju - Helo/Kvasir. Brought in Helo as a secondary healer + cleanser against Treevil and Waqas. Kvasir was in once for a Dawn flank. Some defenses above 4000TP today, mainly because of Toons and their bonuses. But none where I felt like I would get in trouble if I don’t get a good board to start, so a pretty easy 5 wins today.

Defense was 1-0 on Day 1 and up to 3-0 today.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 1-0 A 2,473 900 3,373
2 9-1 3-0 A 6,541 6,541

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

3-2 again today, when you have no chance you have no chance.
I am out, I won’t buy back in.

3 Likes

Hate when this happens… timeout… needed 30 more seconds to finish them… waste of time lol

2 Likes