Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Just pulled her going for ninjas, not sure what to think. So far I think Mok ar is still in front of her for mats… I have zero tabards so a lot of time to wait and see lol

Zulag as a tank, see how she performs here:

5 Likes

Good video. Looks like you were just playing with your food. Unfortunately, Zulag creates no urgency as tank.

2 Likes

6 Zulags, 6 atm! My ■■■■ October luck…

I got her recently, not sure to take her beyond 3/70 (or 1/1 really). I wish she had an offensive component like reflect for her and neighbors or all allies or small damage to 3+mana drop.

You are absolutely right!

1 Like

Well, I just pulled her. Over 17 months streak without Hotm ended, what of course feels great, but I have mixed feelings cause I have sooo many purple healers (4x Rigard with costume 2 at +19, Aeron, MarieTherese and lastly Sabina, which never gets used anymore). My purple is like full of healers and not much firepower :laughing:.

On the other hand I have 22 tabards. I’m thinking of putting both Aeron and Zulag on my purple mono team, but idk really. Still Idk if I should use tabards on another purple 5* healer at all.

I have over 500 feeders in my TCs ready, but I think she isn’t an urgent need in my roster so I’ll just level her slowly to 3/70 and idk what then. Almost every other previous hotm I didn’t get would be a no-brainer, it would most likely go on max, but nah I had to get another purple healer with my current situation :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well kinda didn’t expect to pull her from the costume chamber. This marks the 2nd time I got an HoTM from this portal on my main. 1st one on my main was Noor.

1 Like

I got Zulag from the Ninja portal but I have C. Rigard, Rigard, Sabina and Kunchen x2 so I really don’t need a Dark HP Regen Healer, which I find a fair bit less useful overall than just straight up Healers.

However, all my other good Darks are already leveled and with Ninja Tower & Wars, I guess you can never have enough heroes which do some kind of heal.

2 Likes

I just got Zulag while doing some Valhalla pulls.

My hero academy will be maxed one of these days, maybe I’ll get a Lianna in exchange…or, you know, literally almost anyone else.

2 Likes

Zulag has no use. She is a heroine who will remain on the bench of the unlucky players who have her.

5 Likes

She would go from useless to ok if she gave the enemy some kind of ailment. Anything really…a little poison dot, defense down, attack down, even minor damage to all like 150%. As is she is a tile dump who doesn’t even help her whole team! Only neighbors! LOL!

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not happy that my long no hotm streak ended on Zulag. But I have 22 tabards and nothing better to max, so I’ll probably take her up just because of that reason.

2 Likes

Is there even one in existence? “Special skill: gravel rash, 5% damage to all for the match. Undispellable.”

I want to see her paired up with Brynhild on the opposite flank.

1 Like

I will be in your place. I will wait until January 2021. There are a lot of events (Christmas, Halloween and others) that can give you some good darkness heroes. In the meantime, Rigard is much better and doesn’t cost tabbards.

It’s fine, I have excessive amount of tabards (22) and tomes (18). Maybe not as many d blades (5), but they will come. I’m going to wait a little, I don’t really hurry, but if I had 24 tabards, I’ll probably take Zulag up then.

My alchemy lab is not leveled and won’t be for some time, so I can’t throw some 4* mats which I have excessive amount of, for other ones that I have smaller amount (and it also cost gems, according to E&P wiki which makes me question, if I’ll ever use that transmutation).

My pulling luck is really bad, so I don’t have any expectations with pulls anymore. I have 17 Ehts which I’ll probably all use on Halloween (Francine would be the one I really want, cause I lack good greens, but Vanda isn’t bad either) in November and try for Glenda as well. The dark Victor doesn’t seem much useful to me, but with my luck I’ll probably get another underwhelming dark hero again.

Even though there is still Buddy/MN from Christmas event which would be nice too, but on the otherside Reuben looks underwhelming. There aren’t any dark 5*s in this event here at all, but I also badly need some good greens.

I’ll be able to do HA10 in a month or 2, but also no expectations there and I don’t think throwing hotm in there would be any beneficial. I have quite some S1 dupes to throw in there.

Sorry for writing an essay … :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree. She’s basically purple Kashkrek with two key differences:

1.) Kashkrek is a 4* S1 hero.

2.) Kashkrek can’t have his heal debuffed because it happens all at once.

3 Likes

Just got my 2nd one trying to get S3 heroes, she must be horrible!

I pulled her recently, making my two most recent HotM draws Noor and Zulag… :man_shrugging:

Pulling any 5* in this game is really difficult so I’m trying to be positive about getting these two and whilst I can see potential uses for Noor, I’m struggling to see how Zulag is worthy of 6 tabbards when I have c.Rigard.

On defense I only really see her as viable at tank, and in that position she seems far too passive and vulnerable to dispel. On offense, she’s outclassed by c.Rigard, who heals the whole team and does it at a faster rate, whilst cleansing all, and boosting everyone’s attack. Add in c.Rigards mana break at level 5 and the likelihood she’ll receive precious tabards in her current form dwindles to naught. A shame, because I like her design.

Whilst offensively her future isn’t bright, I feel it wouldn’t take much tinkering to make her an ‘ok’ tank prospect. Maybe remove her 32% defense buff and replace it with an enemy debuff of sorts. Another option, make one of her defense buffs or healing ALL or make them undispellable.

5 Likes