Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I was kind of wondering whether Zulag would be helpful in the Ninja Tower, given how hard some of those perishers hit. If her defence buff affected all I’d be quite tempted to find out.

Having resisted the NT hero portal I then failed to resist Valhalla because… mm, Gefjon… who I didn’t get, but did as feared get a third Zulag and was duly saddened. My HA10 should be up in just over 2 weeks but retraining HOTMs seems kind of immoral somehow. I’m still hoping somebody will find an amazing synergy with a hero I fortunately own, or a niche use she’s brilliant for, or something. In any case I’ll keep at least one copy because one must.

She’d be almost useless in the tower since buff durations are too short for an average hero I think. Also some ninjas bypass defensive buffs also making her special useless

2 Likes

Good point - although if you had enough mana regen stacks, which would be quite high by the time you reached the levels where buffs are down to a single round, wouldn’t it balance out?

Academic for now, anyway, as I have a long purple queue and Zulag is currently at the very back of it.

The bypass hurts though. I have a very short purple Queue and Zulag is still at the bottom of it. I have only her, sharky and season 1 and I’m not sure if I’ll level her

1 Like

Go for the shark! You know you want to.

2 Likes

He is almost at 3/70 now :slight_smile: Zulag is benched

1 Like

The Shark is definitely worth it. @ +3 in a purple stack in war he killz! Mok-Arr is definitely one of my favs. Has been in every war with me since the beginning…2 yrs. He’s got an average of 80% one shots. I love my little Moki :purple_heart:

4 Likes

That is the plan I came up with. I thought to couple her with Bryn on the flanks and use two fast sniper dispellers and a splash damage/defense down tank.

1 Like

Zulag is so bad that if his special was for all allies, C.Rigard would still be a better option: Greater healing, attack bonus, cleaning and fast loading (9 stones with Lv5 mana troop)…

She is good at tank. She protects her flank buddies but her flank buddies must hit decent.

While attacking she is kinda useless.

Got Zulag but honestly I don’t know if she’s gonna receive the tabards. I already have a pretty good dark tank, Kunchen+18, plus I’m working on Sartana. She’s better than Zulag offensively speaking, right?

I’m still happy I got a HOTM after so many months of dry spell though.

1 Like

I used 3.70 zulag on the mid levels of the ninja tower. She performed better than expected, quite survivable. She works well with other heal 3 hero’s such as kashrek or gadeirus. True that cobalt can get through her defensive buffs, but she was healing enough to stay alive. I’m not sure about giving her tabards since I have a 3.70 grimble who’s looking mighty fine with all these minion summoners. But I was glad to have her leveled up to 3.70.

4 Likes

Hello
Got her today from single coin pull.
Nice to see thinks like that early morning once you wake up.
But that is all good whit the hero.
She will stay in my roster and wait for ever
Nothing impressive from this HOTM
I am leveling now C sartana also have waiting Freya, Khiona , 2nd Proteus and 4 th C Rigard
Zulag idk about this hero probably will wait al lot lot time

1 Like

Can I hear a review from someone that doesn’t have Kunchen, C.Rigard, Sartana, Clarissa, or other top tank/purple? Thanks.

I heard quite an amount of players saying they won’t not give the mats to Zulag, either she sucks, or they have better purple in line waiting for that, or she is not good enough to their existing purple/tank…

Man, it is like these guys are saying Ferrari is not good, because they have Lamborghini already, but in reality, majority not even have the Ferrari.

Kunchen, Heidmall, VTG, JF, Melosi, Sartana, C.Rigard, Clarissa, Athena, Aeron, Lianna, Ursena, Kage, Ares… I have none.

8 Likes

A link here:

@Noble_Weasel wanted me to compare her with Quintus for him as I use Quintus often. It is fairly non-biased so I hope you’re able to get some from it.

I get what you mean about the forums being top heavy with players. There are still plenty of us “others” hanging around and/or lurking. :+1:

Good luck!

:beers:

3 Likes

Just to clarify, she’s no Ferrari. She’s more of a Honda Odyssey. Her main problem for me is that she only helps herself and her immediate neighbors. 40% of my team goes unprotected. If she protected all instead of just nearby I’d ascend her IMMEDIATELY for offensive uses. As is I’ll likely NEVER ascend her.

Please SG, apply her buffs to the whole team!

8 Likes

I was taking her for 3/70 practice run and she does seem kind of useless. I can’t believe her mana is Average at all and all the other effects are kind of invisible except for that lame minion.

Her and Bryn on flanks are pretty durable though.

Why would you use her? The problem I have is she is similar to the old Aegir, although not quite as bad. I met a Zulag in a raid and decided to take no yellow on purpose to test her. I took 2 red and 3 blue. I dumped all my tiles into Zulag and easily charged my heroes safely, not caring about her special. I used snipers to take out the wings first and ignored the middle 3. Once they were dead it was easy to win.

Zulag is only good if those she is protecting are absolutely devastating flanks, but at that point, you could pick any tank and say the same thing. I don’t think she adds anything. Just about any other tank would be better.

3 Likes

I seriously consider giving my tabards to Obakan instead of her.

I’m not sure if I should call myself lucky.
But I end up with 5 copies of Zulag!!
It was the first time I get so many times the same HOTM.

1 Like