Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Bai is male? I though that was a woman’s name? How can you tell?

Clothing.

Typically females in the game (even the anthropomorphic ones) have been dressed as if they were humans. For example Killhare, Zimkitha, Frida & Lady Woolerton all have more feminine clothing, including a bust is covering.

Bai Yeong on the other hand is just wearing pants, a decidedly male attribute in human society. See Greymane, Isshtak, Proteus etc…

3 Likes

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense…I just presumed it was a girl panda.

They only had one opening for “Lady Bear” and Frida got that position a while back

Thanks for the extra input Guv. I’m absolutely not sure about Miki’s gender… woman or man?

1 Like

It’s a panda. Even they have trouble telling the difference. :rofl:

3 Likes

One more thing that really irks me about zulag. Why only 46% Def, it should be the standard 63%.

C.Melendor is 46%, Kiril is 30%…not sure there’s a uniformity of defense buff?
Granted Viv, Magni and Khagan are +63%

Wilbur is also 63% def. I guess 63% only applies to S1 heroes then

1 Like

Her innate ability should be “resist dispells” just like margaret.

3 Likes

Just got her, but not sure what to do about her. Have already 2 paladin tank options (Clarissa, Heimdall), maybe she will be ascended sometimes in the future. Definitely not a priority. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I just received her too. I’ll take her up to 3/70 for sure. Her skills are almost perfect for what I need in my 4 x purple squad…

But when oh when will they give us a 5* Dapper Noble replacement?? I find his persistence a bit annoying. I have 3 maxed, one with emblems.

I wish, I wish for the same Rigard skills (not even costumed) with one more star… Pleeese?

Tried her out unleveled in map stages to see what she could do. Her minions hit like wet noodles. I guess that isn’t too surprising though.

For those who’ve gotten her and tested her out. What do you think?

4 Likes

I just pulled her. She might be a better tank than my current choice (Justice), and I imagine she will be irritating to take down. My concern is that she leaves the opponent free to dump tiles into her, charge up their specials without much fear of reprisal, then snipe the wings since Zulag offers them no healing or protection. Even though he is purple, Jabberwock might even be a good pick against a Zulag tank.
Her lack of protection for the wings makes her a poor choice for keeping a Titan team alive as well. Still, I like that she is a little different in design compared to other 5* tank/healer options. Maybe with the right flanks she will be decent.

Heimdall seems like a much more worthy choice for your emblems

Unfortunately she can be dispelled… She needed a protection from dispels, like Margaret

1 Like

1st 5* I have groaned when summoning. I did not want to summon her and take up a bench slot.

Now hope for a relevant buff or else she will eventually be fed into the meat grinder when the better version of HA is released in 2027.

Zulag puts no pressure on the enemy, her main benefits are restricted to herself and two adjacent, leaving at least two out in the cold.

I ABHOR the mini-minions on this round of HotMs. They risk pushing out more useful minions are are like sugary snacks to the likes of Skadi, Grimble and even (yep, am going there) Gobbler.

The scenario in my imagination goes something along the lines of:
Designer of Gobbler (aka DoG) has received constant ribbing for two years about creating the least used hero in the game.
DoG was hoping for redemption in the major rebalancing in early 2020 but the ribbing only increased as Gobbler remained on the bench or was used as “green” food (Gobbler is apparently organic) for “Real” green heroes
DoG was given the remit to design the elemental link of the new batch of HotMs and said, “Eureka! I know, minion donut holes! They appear to be minions but are bite sized and won’t go straight to your waist. Now my SG co-workers will have to respect me!”

Sadly for DoG they have misread the situation but at least tDoG still feel the faint stirrings of hope.

6 Likes

So… has the initial thoughts on her changed? I did a few pulls at the Ninja summons for kicks and out popped Zulag. Should I level her or just hang on to her at 1/1 to feed into HA when I get it to 10?

1 Like