Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I’d give her tabards if regenerate health was replaced with caster and nearby generate a moderate amount of mana over 4 turns. Otherwise, she’ll keep Mok-Arrgggggh company.

Why use Zulag when there are Bera and Freya?

Why protect three at average mana when you can protect everyone at fast speed?

4 Likes

Because not everyone will get one of those two. She is fine the way she is like many other mediocre but playable heroes.

5 Likes

Really like her design. Makes me consider trying to get her. Have already enough powerful purple 5*, can afford getting one not so powerful. But is she an elf? She has spiky ears … Would fit in Valhalla though.

This is interesting for me! (Also slightly OT, but…) I’m desperately seeking a purple 5* cleanser.

I have neither Kunchen, nor Aeron, no C. Domitia…

I’m STILL relying on the ol’ Dapper Noble in my otherwise 5* lineup. I have one fully emblemed, two more leveled and three spare. That’s too much!

I was kinda hoping Zulag would plug a hole, but it doesn’t quite look like it.

I will of course be happy to pull her! Dark average healer? Cool!

I know one feature we were testing a while back in beta was raid formations. If you were to put her as tank on the 3-2 formation, it’d be a pretty devastating def position - especially if they change the “nearby” rule.

Just one thought on the - SG sometimes releases heroes ahead of their time (cough - Grimble) - theme. Not sure how it’ll play out, but could be interesting in a few months!

Agreed. Given the odds most people will never get either of those

Oh wow that’s a GREAT point. I would expect 3-2 “M” formation to count all as nearby, as it does this now for PVE in both “M” and “W” forms (think Seasonal levels with “W” formations of 4 minions and a boss in the back center). When Ramming Pulverizer is aimed at boss, all enemies get Def Down.

Applying to all because of a formation would totally change my thus far lukewarm perception of her. I pulled her before I even knew she was the featured hero during Atlantis with coins, and aside from the usual HOTM excitement of a bonus pull, I wasn’t into her much.

In early testing in beta, the “nearby” didn’t count across rows (there are actually 3 rows that heroes are placed in, and so 3-2 and 2-3 were in rows 1 and 3).

But, that doesn’t mean it won’t change. And, even if not, it’s way harder to hit the back 2 heroes compared to hitting two wings in the normal formation!

Oh I didn’t realize that it worked that way in Beta. I definitely would not expect that, given the way it works in PVE now. Interesting.

I can see where that would change a LOT in raids though, so I could understand the difference. Ramming Pulverizers (among others) would become superpowers. Heck, think of what GM would do in that case. Ouch… Onatel… the more I think about it, the more my mind boggles. Glad I’m not responsible for balancing this game. :slight_smile:

Every purple healer at least, must be compared to rigard…and imo rigard is the best healer in the game

1 Like

Now seriously is she worth the time and effort to max her for a Tank role

Not really a point for me for drawing her, but I don’t want Novembers downgraded Mist either. Gonna spend some EHTs on Halloween, so we’ll see.
“Nearby ally” heal and buff is always subpar for offense. Not good for titans either, so she’s limited to defense. Decent Tank, but there are lots of heroes to better fill that role.

I’m curious why they changed the typical male/female alternating release for hotms

Does anyone else think that Zulag looks like Jon Snow’s wildling girlfriend on GoT? She even seems to have red hair.

I need another purple besides Obakan and Quintus, don’t want this one. Not a fan of heal over time, to easy to dispel. If it was dispellable, I would have interest, but not in its current form. The minion is pretty worthless.

A whole thread and no discussion of the fact that this appears to be our first Orc type character that isn’t red? Asking the important questions here; the color related types of classic heroes has always interested me (red - orc/dessert/lion, green - goblin/elf, blue - viking, yellow - panda/monkey/asian, purple - undead). Is this the first break with that tradition or am I forgetting someone else?

1 Like

unfortunately belongs to a class where there are already many good heroes

Because free avatars from POV were always the Male HOTM. :slight_smile:

Now that’s funny. Maybe this is her if she had become a Walker after she died :thinking:

But they made 3 females in a row (at least if November is still supposed to be female), so were back to female avatars being premium.
Would have been easier to just alternate the rewards in path of valor instead of changing the hotm gender order.

Last PoV (PoV4) had 2x male Avatars:
Bai Yeong & Zocc

This PoV (PoV5) has 2x Female Avatars:
Zulag & Glenda

Then we only know about the next 1x Hotm (Reuben) who is male. Whether January’s HotM will be male or female we don’t know. But they will be the Paid PoV6 avatar reward :slight_smile:

1 Like