Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I’m looking at my roster and down the road things to do. I’ve got no purple 5* healers leveled, but have Zulag and Aeron on the bench. Any thoughts on one over the other? I’m 4* I have a max and emblemed Sabina who was my first purple 4*, so I never even leveled up Rigard. I don’t have her costume but I do have CRigs at 1/1. Even though I will probably bring Rigard up first, still would like to know peoples thoughts on Zulag vs Aeron.

f75

6 Likes

C.rigard is the best hero in the game.

Do this first, then you’ll probably realise the other two are rather superfluous

4 Likes

I will at some point but I’m interested in comparison of those two, I felt I had to mention Rigs to specifically exclude him from the discussion since I know everyone loves him hard and would bring him up. Guess that didn’t work.

Personally I’ve never really been excited enough by the idea of him to do any work on him but when I get to that point in my bench I’ll work on him.

1 Like

Lol ok.

I think you should start a new thread on this at some point because it’s a unique idea. What do you do for cleansing and attack buff?!

But, fair enough.

I can speak to Zulag.

She’s a serviceable B grade diamond tank with lots of blems.

I occasionally experiment with her on titans to keep someone squishy alive.

She’s also improved by the new formations that allow her to affect more allies.

Bottom line, though, is her abilities are dispellaable.

I would maybe trade her for Aeron if offered but haven’t looked at them side by side.

I was fortunate enough to get Heimdal today and as soon as I’ve got tonics, Zulag is losing her 18 nodes.

#HardlovingRigard

I was trying to be considerate to you mods and not start a new thread if possible haha, but yeah it’s a pretty specific topic so maybe it’s warranted?

Just looking at the two in my bench, as splash only healers they’re pretty similar in a lot of ways so harder to say who’s better between them perhaps and worth getting thoughts on. I pulled Aeron at the January Tavern, and while I’ve always avoided splash only healers (fed so many friars) with the possibility of the new formations being permanent they become of interest.

When I started I went heavy for 5* with my wallet so I never developed my 4* and 3* bench until a year in recently. As soon as I got domitia leveled, I benched Sabina mostly, trading to Viv as my healer.

For cleanser if I want I have max +20 CViv and I have some emblems on my Raff as well. for attack boost I have Heimdall, Tarlak, just finished Miki, I generally don’t run a cleanser though as I mainly leave viv on costume and debuff and defense down. I will definitely admit that I’ve only in the last few month really explored the synergies and using attack up and defense down etc rather than just pure hitting power as I’ve evolved in the game. It was constructing titan teams that brought it into focus. Another place I’m weird I’m only just now leveling Wu for purple titans, as I used Tarlak for all titans the way people used Wu, I preferred a lower boost with no miss percentage, and his mild heal.

I run Alfrike and Heimdall as dual tanks on the Double formation now, with CElena in the 3 spot doing counterattack to all. It’s worked pretty well cup wise don’t see slotting Zulag in as a tank, I’d use her for wars maybe if I needed more purples, but just as a theoretical hole in my roster of “5* purple healer” it would be good to have something at least to 3/70 for that possible need at some point.

1 Like

I was impatient and started one already :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Haha all good I started a different one I THOUGHT you meant. No overlap!

1 Like

You and me both! I was holding paladin emblems because I just wasn’t sold on Zulag yet. She won’t see them for a while now.

1 Like

Between Telly and Heimdall I don’t think I’ve ever had a spare paladin emblem :joy:

2 Likes

She could shine in the middle in the double formation. She impacts on all the allies once she fires.

1 Like

I have a Thorne +16, so… :laughing:

My Clarissa is very sad. Should I strip Olaf of his +20 tho? :thinking:

1 Like

My advice is to make that a priority.

You may enjoy this thread :wink:

I actually sort of know @JonahTheBard (nice guy) and frankly I am certain we won’t agree. He likes her, but I don’t have a roster that can provide her support :grinning:

1 Like

@JonahTheBard calls him the best in the game. I prefer Sabina, especially with her amazing costume (which BOTH my alt accounts pulled but not my main grrr)

Can someone convince me she’s worthwhile for offense? I’m running out of purple heroes to level :laughing:

Why would I use her over my 19 node vanilla rigs?? (His costume evades me :sob: )

Nope, I have two at 1/1, not sure why I’d level either unless she gets a buff. Perhaps if the double raid formation becomes permanent I may consider but I’d level Malicna first for sure

Yeah if the raid formations become permanent she will be quite powerful