You won't complete Path of Valor #1 (Probably) Analysis, Complaining, and Suggestion

Well, I do feel a little humbled that you got the inside scoop and no members of our team did. Thanks for the tip. However, I do feel that knowing that in advance and saving all your tokens is “gaming the system” a little. It’s a little harsh on those who had no idea about zephyr1’s threads. Also, I have to admit, I will never use this game in conjunction with twitter and facebook. I already use this forum and LINE with other players, and play every day. There are limits to how much I’m prepared to let this, or indeed any game, from intruding in my limited social media presence. I’m not sure that being “punished” to this tune is quite reasonable: I think you should be able to start POV on day 1, from cold, and still have a chance of all the rewards if you C2P, buy a valor pass, play every day, have a good team, and play your heart out. Limiting it to “insider traders,” massive P2W-ers or team-jumpers seems a little unreasonable. I still, also, think the rewards are weak for a whopping fifty-day challenge. Maybe they’re good rewards to jack up over two weeks, but fifty freakin’ days? Sorry, guess we will just have to agree to disagree, with all due respect. Best wishes to you, though, and congratulations on getting this one! Well done!!

1 Like

I cannot agree more. The scoring system should tilt toward activity, but not money spending. However, there’s are only 4 levels of raid reward, but seven levels of summoning. It simply tells you that you need to throw money in rather than keep playing. I am so disappointed that SG goes this way. There is no problem to incentivize people to spend, but it is really ugly to punish people not spending.

3 Likes

According to the image, I show a total 60 War attacks. That’s 10 wars. At twice a week that is only five weeks with the POV lasting ~seven. Plenty of leeway for this one at least.

No. I don’t always fill a raid chest daily and was done with this one after 10 days. Tournament attacks count. Disappointed, they should add another Tier here and spread the points out. Maybe make the total a little higher?

Hi Boolz_San,
Not sure I follow.

1. I don’t expect it to be quick and easy, but I do think that a daily, dedicated, C2P player, who doesn’t want to leave his team, and can’t afford massive gem pulls on top of a valor pass, should still be able to get it. Daily, dedicated and dollars should be enough for SG to let you squeak a couple of epic ascension items after fifty freakin’ days of effort and money, even if it is hard, and close.
  2. Yes, I know I didn’t have to buy the pass. I shouldn’t have done. Don’t worry, I won’t do so again and nor will anyone else I know. However, a) I already admonished myself in my original reply to the post. I admitted that I didn’t pay attention to caveat emptor, nor did I check the arithmetic. So, why are you beating a dead horse? OK, I get it, I f***ed up, I know that already. b) but isn’t it in SG’s interest to get me to buy the next pass? They’ve disincentivised me from doing so again!
  3. I wrote some things that aren’t accurate? I apologise. What were they?
  4. You’re past your number of tolerance words: I hope you mean your character limit. I’m not sure if I’d take it in a friendly fashion if you’re trying to say you can’t tolerate my position; that wouldn’t be cool of you; I’ve been pretty polite about my position, whether or not you agree with it.
  5. Those 50+ are all poop: You either mean my age (whew, I’m just under your radar, that’s a relief) or my level (oh, well, sorry about that; I’ve been playing for a long time). Either way, :smiley:
    Anyway, I didn’t quite follow you, and probably you completely disagree with me, but it’s OK. I was once told that reasonable people, equally informed, seldom disagree, but that’s not really true, not here, nor in politics. Best wishes to you.

Nor would I and yes Line App is all that is needed.

@TheBadger said: Reduce the requirement for milestone 50 from 96% of possible points, to 90% of possible points.

Lots of ideas floating around about improving POV. This is the best one. It’s simple, effective, player friendly, and SG would make more money (can’t forget about the $).

Also…

Not sure why there’s so much anger/aggression against those pointing out obvious flaws in the initial implementation. Telling someone their opinion is wrong is not constructive. We can do better.

Now that people understand a bit more that you can WAIT to buy the Valor Pass, they really will have to raise the bar. The bottom line is $$ for SG, so despite our flailing about, I think (and hope) the next POV will have better prizes and be more broadly achievable.

3 Likes

Hey look…another person who gets things for free and says SG is catering to the spenders! :rofl:

To be on track you should be in stage 6, with 19 summons. You don’t need to do 19 summons a day, the average is 5.5 a day.

Titans: I didn’t say, that you need to hop around. It is 35 titans in 50 days. If your ally is able to beat them all, then don’t hop around. I made it for two days, just for fun, because ewe has a 14* in the beginning and we let the Titan fall down to a 10*, to save mats.

Summons: you need to summon 270 times or so. If you have vip you get 100 for free. So I think it is possible to achieve that goal. Well if you don’t do any pulls at the events and if you don’t have vip, it may be hard to finish.

We let some titans go to get a 10*- we started with a 14* when PoV started- so we had some time to help other allies with the Titan.
I entered an alliance where the 6* Titan still had 1M points. Several other people came and we finished the Titan in 10min or so.
It took me only 1 attack, so I still had 2 and could repeat that on 2 other allies.
A win-win for both, the ally and me. No panic- just fun.

Seeing as the question asked what do you think…I think you either need to relax or not play E&P. If missing a set of rings or a telescope in this game is stressing you out to the point you are going to have a stroke than Path of Valor is the least of your problems. If I make it to the end I do if I don’t I don’t. It is challenging and I like that aspect of it. Is it perfect? Nope. Could it easily be changed seeing is this is a first run and nothing is set in stone. Yup. I think adjust could be made depending on how this first one plays out. Apologies for the rant. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is exactly the reason we’re pointing things out though; it’s not that “not finishing will stress us out”; I know I can finish. But if no one points out the obvious flaws in the system currently, then SG will think everyone is happy and then continue to make POV in this way.

Change can only happen when they know that there’s something that should be changed.

I suspect that a $700 million gaming company is mainly focused on the monetization of their new elements to the game, not whether or not they make everyone happy.

Some people unhappy and quit or stop spending? As long as enough others spend…

I think the focus is on the bottom line. Not on being concerned that each and every player of each and every level and game style is fully satisfied with each and every element.

Funny you should say this.

Every single one of my suggestions have been made with full consideration of SG’s motives So much so that multiple people have accused me of being an SG spy

I fully understand that SG’s goal is to make money; at the same time, I fully understand that user happiness is a key metric that is heavily correlated with ARPU.

The fact is, POV rewards are worse than every other feature in the game over a 60 day period, and yet takes more effort than every other feature.

IF short term revenue was the goal, they would not need beta-testers, and they would not have nerfed JF and season 3 realm bonuses. There would be exponential power creep, because that’s what will get more whales to pay. But it isn’t. There are many more factors involved, and balancing features, whether that’s heroes or other features, makes sense, both from a player enjoyment perspective AND long-term business practise.

Fact is, user opinions matter, and they matter a lot to any viable business. And there’s nothing wrong with showing both SG and other users why POV should probably be changed. It can only benefit both users and SG in the long run. Or do nothing, but, it’s not like posts complaining about people who actually want a win-win situation with good, fun, balanced game for everyone and good revenue for SG has any use either.

5 Likes

This sounds like an over dramatic statement and if the Path of Valor or the rewards at the end is as important as the birth of your child than by all means please hang it up.

There are 33 days left of 50. Meaning the thing has been running for only 17 days and they have spent more time on this forum complaining about P.O.V. then I have spent doing the requirements each day… things that make you go hmmm.

3 Likes

What I see are people trying to point out flaws to an obviously flawed feature, and other people endlessly complaining about those people :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have posted before my thoughts about the Titan requirements for very small alliances and how the 6* limits them without mercing… won’t repeat… lots don’t agree :smile:

Today’s comment is about titans again… but from a different standpoint. My main account leads an alliance and I never merc… I am over 900 days in and several other alliance members are much the same. We are at the 10/11* boundary and are killing either 2/3 or 4/5 in a row [the alliance is not full, in case you are wondering]
That is very close to the percentage you need for the Titan challenge and thus has no leeway.

Any individual can hit each Titan, but then have, for instance, two days off through illness, and never be able to catch up without mercing. I wish the goal was just a tad lower eg 60%.

The other way forward for us would be for the alliance to use mercs and let fewer escape, but that would push us up to 11/12 or even higher and I know we could not sustain that. It also goes against our approach to use mercs only in emergencies and very rarely even then

I have no issue with any of the other targets… wars for instance has a margin built in, as does tourneys and a minor adjustment to the Titan requirement would bring it more in line with those

2 Likes

It won’t stop me trying to achieve the POV tasks… but I think this aspect could be improved

2 Likes

The titan goal shouldn’t be an issue if you are kill 4 out of every 5 titans. 35 of 52 are needed. This allows for quite a few escaped titans before putting challenge out of reach. My alliance we fight 10-12* titans. We kill 3 11’s and if a 12 spawns it we are not halfway with 12 hours left it walks. That bumps us back down to 10 and 11’s for the next 3+. It keeps us in range for goal and we aren’t burning up flasks either

1 Like