X-Mas Nerf Bystanders

@Muchacho looks like SG responded to your thread

9 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out @Ruskin505

That is something, I do appreciate them communicating.

The issue I would caution with that statement though is they said they are going to watch metrics on Frosty, Rudolph, and Buddy. I don’t know what those metrics are.

Outside of specific tournaments or something I think most people who continue to use those heroes don’t have the top notch roster depth. That means they’ll continue to use them if they don’t have an alternative even if the hero performs worse now. I don’t know what metric would show a slight reduction in use to a larger reduction of performance when used.

I use Buddy less, but still use him when I need a meat shield (even if it is a 99% lean fat free meat now) or NEED a D drop in green. I just don’t have other reliable options. That being said, his performance is worse because it is getting very difficult to stack minions with the 30% health decrease to them. I would imagine the metrics show use, but not the reduced viability. That could just be giving them an “out” to not change it back and say people are still pretty much using them the same amount rather than noting they’re being used out of a lack of alternatives but they’re performing worse.

Does that make sense? Maybe I am wrong and they can show that difference too, I just think that would be hard given the variables that can impact that.

We’ll see. I am glad they communicated though. I do prefer that over silence.

Buddy back to 10% :crossed_fingers:

:beers:

15 Likes

Just let Buddy give minions to all. Actually, let rudolph do that too, as most people who have advanced in the game have already fed there Rudolph away…

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:

As the minion HP is based on the caster’s HP it will not much even if those minons are added to 5 star heroes.

1 Like

Don’t forget about Carol. I have two of her and she is a joke. She doesn’t even create minions. I put her on defense in raids if I want to lose rank.

I know… Pulling her is like a practical joke.

Carol was actually surprisingly useful in the Tower. When the duration time of specials goes down, Carol’s value goes up …

5 Likes

And it’s when a penalty becomes the strongest asset of a hero that you realize… :wink:

I wonder if Buddy’s usage will drop when the April HotM hits. She is also green, also does D drop, and also summons minions. I hope to pull for her, and may hold my Easter EHTs until April to do so. That might make the metrics on Buddy look worse, and it will have little if anything to do with his nerf. Still, if it gets him re-buffed, that’s a win. I’d use both he and the April HotM in different situations if I had them both.

+1

:point_up: This. I feel like a lot of forum users are missing this. More communication from SGG is starting to look like a trend at this point, and that is an unqualified Good Thing.

2 Likes

That makes sense… But i would never limit break or emblem her… So she’d be at risk of an early death.

Based on the phrasing of the March 2022 balance update I get the impression Buddy and Frosty are permanently at 7%.

“We’re happy to share that our last balance update successfully restored Hero diversity to healthy levels without creating new imbalances. The Heroes who received direct adjustments landed in decent spots and are putting up reasonable win & usage rates in the renewed meta.”

This is extremely disappointing given they essentially admitted Buddy and Frosty were accidental victims and after (non?) thoughts, but then even after admitting this did nothing to rectify them. It is just dumb, disingenuous towards actual statements of game fairness, and callous.

It does make you wonder where it stops now though. Do you summon any events with family bonuses? What if you come to regularly use a 3* or 4* (and to some degree an established 5*) from that family, regardless of how long it’s existed in game, then they make a new 5* hero or costume for an existing hero within that family that breaks the system again. Given their lack of interest in addressing the actual issue, if the issue is a hero that is currently more profitable than the existing ones they’d rather impact instead, they’ll nerf or change your 3* and 4*.

Under that context the only “safe” families are the retired event hero families assuming SG promises to never bring them back and add to them. This last February, and subsequent response in March, just showed that anything active isn’t safe even if they’ve been around unchanged for years.

Ridiculous and disappointing.

:beers:

8 Likes