February 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

Lol compared to their “patriarchal toned” communication with regard to Tell/Vela, this follow up to the Feb 2022 nerf is wondrously amiable and engaging (at least I think that’s their intention).

On its own, this Feb 2022 update is a desperate bid on their part to try to re-engage players who have lost faith in them, but are still playing the game for their own reasons.

I cannot prove my suspicions: I believe that their metrics have gone south: DAU n MAU. Otherwise they wouldn’t be doing this.

4 Likes

■■■■■■■■.
I strongly agree. they have been warned by the beta testers. forum party. but they still kicked him out and after getting the money from the player. they instantly destroy C krampus.
■■■■■■■■ SG

Still far from that: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Wow, go read their pathetic attempt to explain their nerf. It is basically them talking to themselves and want to feel good about it. I don’t need to read the whole post. 1 question destroy the whole argument. Why are Season4 (Elizabeth), Ninjas, Alliance Hero (Ludwig) are by far and away more OP and more dominate in raid and war defense, why are they not being “balanced?” They should be nerf long time ago in the name of “balance”. I really wish you don’t waste time posting that wall of crap that just end up contradicting yourself. Tell me with a straight face that Ruby, Ludwig are not more OP than Santa/MotherNorth. Ya? I thought so.

2 Likes

I’d maybe believe this farce if they continued the post to explain the other “balance changes” they made as part of the Feb update…yes SG, I’m talking about all those lovely buffs you gave to already supremely powerful event heros!! Starfall family bonus, Starfall heroes, Magic family bonus, and Magic heroes? They were literally in the same “balance” post as the Xmas nerfs. Where is your numbers and evidence that those heroes needed buffs?? Give me a legitimate reason to buff Director Zuri or Milena!!! Just come out and say it: we did this to make more money and don’t really care about anything else.

9 Likes

@Petri thanks for the communication. While people may debate content, having some communication from SG about these things is better than none.

Regarding the rare and epic X-mas heroes I had started a separate thread at one point as this one had become rather … “convoluted”. While I know SG doesn’t share metric data, etc. I was wondering if there was anyway to relay to us exactly which metric points and data you would be using to asses the rare and epic heroes. The primary concern is in this post:

In short, the question is if there is a way to differentiate between general use and how well that hero performs as, even though they are now worse, some people are still forced to use those rare and epic heroes as-is due to a lack of an alternative. If the metric is purely based on use alone it would skew the information to warrant no change needed, where as in actual gameplay there has been a noticeable reduction in value of those heroes due to weakened minion strength, which is a main selling point.

As I mentioned some people will still use them, myself included, due to a lack of alternatives, but it isn’t any less unfair that the hero’s value was reduced purely as a victim of being “lumped in” for a problem they weren’t a part of or involved with.

Alternatively, if all your data from the previous 3 years showed no prior performance issue with these heroes, you acknowledge the impact to them was unconsidered/an afterthought, why would you need additional data to warrant putting them back to 10%?

I guess I should have said in “short”, sorry. :laughing:

Anyways, please keep communicating in general and any insight you could offer on how you’re determining if the rates and epics go back to 10% would be great.

Thanks.

:beers:

11 Likes

Yea good to see communication I suppose, just doesn’t really say anything new than what they said when they did the nerfs.

I still always fear Mr. pengi the most in these minion heavy setups, taunt is more of a pain to get to him, but if he fires the wrong time you are done for… krampus firing doesn’t really threaten me… I’d rather dump tiles on him or mother early in the battle when I’m trying to build my heroes mana.

I am sorry, but this actually sounds funny :smiley: It’s a game, what was the “EMERGENCY”? They could have taken a week to discuss and tweak this in Beta

5 Likes

Lol the explanation is BS. The minions weren’t the problem neither was it ever C/Krampus.

1 Like

It’s true … many more issues if they wouldn’t have fixed it fast.

A few in our alliance that had him and his “family” c. Kramp…. Said they were upset but totally understood why… he got nerfed …

Some weren’t upset at all lol

If that doesn’t say something … I dunno what would

2 Likes

Whether you think is BS or not doesn’t matter. But the minions were 100% the problem. Whether it was Krampus’ taunt, or Mr. Pengi’s destroying with hits with all the minions intensifying it, or MN reviving everyone after you finally get a break., there were too many defenses with it. Yup, Krampus was the fall guy for this Christmas massacre.

Personally, I had no problem with the defense because I had perfect counters…but a 4 minute raid where you know you’re going to lose with the minion death slowly eating you is pretty defeating

1 Like

To be fair the Costume MN, Ludwig, and Krampus teams still give me a lot of problems. It also requires me to change up my attack teams just to compensate for the two taunters.

Krampus is still a strong hero despite what SG did to him.

1 Like

So one year before (even without so many minion counters) the minions don’t was problem but now they are problem? This is …

The family bonus was really the issue as that buffed the minions to incredible health. Without a minion remover you were in trouble. They should have changed the family bonus to something else entirely and left everything else as it was (including C Krampus). Test THAT out, then adjust more if necessary. Instead they went whole hog and went for the death stroke immediately. C Krampus is worse than regular Krampus even in stats. I can’t think of another costume worse than the original…maybe Boril?

2 Likes

You mean you didn’t notice the minions were much stronger? Sure Grimble didn’t care how strong they were, but comparing before Pengi was here, and Santa and Mother North got costumes to well before that isn’t even a comparison. I don’t have an axe to grind either way but sometimes the Krampus nerf clouds people’s memories.

They were just using the costume to add the berserk buff to Pengi’s hits.

Well, yes! The sky is blue too! LOL

It’s not only grimble, we have and a lot 4* minion counters, so yes for me the minions not was problem, some time pengi was problem because of them but the minions by themselves no.

They didnt compensate, but they should, shouldnt they?

How much money did they make off the winter portal? Of which ckrampus js the most sought after hero? Only to nerf him after making their money?

And as Rduke pointed out, they also didnt answer why they had to buff director zuri and other starfall heroes. That was purely greed wasnt it, and nothing to do with balance.

2 Likes

is still controversial for me. when the raids were totally flooded with elizabeth, morel and kadilen costume nothing was done. Same for Frigg and Odin… we can’t say frigg and odin got nerfed as it was a negligible change. then, overnight, an entire familiar bonus is ruined and a hero totally remade. coincidentally, cheaper heroes. I didn’t buy those excuses, but that’s okay.

1 Like