X-Mas Nerf Bystanders

good thread @Muchacho , and a very good point.

I have a feeling the minion nerf 's objective, was to make Pengi easier to deal with, by making the minions weaker… alas, instead of touching Pengi, they touched everyone else. Poor Buddy, Rudolph, Frosty and even Santa, all collateral damage…

3 Likes

I commented on it in the main “balance” update thread, but Buddy’s nerf hit me the hardest. As my first ever 4* hero (from my first ever Winter summon, even!) from over 2 years ago, he has a special place in my heart. He was once a great 4* hero, but age has taken its toll on him as with so many other heroes, and he’s not quite the star player he once was, though he is (or was a couple days ago) still a good epic hero. It was an insult that he and Carol didn’t get the costume treatment to start with, and the nerf to his minions is a second kick in you-know-what.

4 Likes

@Muchacho I fully agree…
no need to nerf minions of 4 and 3 star christmas hereos…

Maybe change the thread to Ideas + Feature request so people can vote for it?

4 Likes

The sad part is they do not care. I mean xmas 5* were strong, but they didn’t even bothered to do costumes for budfy and carol (nor rudolph or frosty).

And then they nerf them on top of that…

1 Like

As far as nerfing goes. They nerfed the entire Winter family? WTF? I saved my summon tokens for 9 months, I had over 90 of them. I also spent close to $1000 in December to get my awesome X-mas team. Then they nerf the whole family? I’m sure they tested these things out in Beta and I’m sure they made a fortune from people summoning in December. It’s like buying a car that gets 100mpg and then after 2 months they recall the car because it gets too good of gas mileage!! Instead of doing this, they could simply make other new heroes strong enough to balance the game…sheesh!

Well, they lost a big customer. I used to spend about $10k a year and often got to the #1 in the world slot. Now, I still play but I spend absolutely no money on this game, zip, zero, $0. I refuse to once again buy something as advertised only to wake up one day and find my intellectual property has been devalued.

5 Likes

Short-sighted to concentrate on 5* without a thought to how it affects 4* and 3* heroes. Especially when the majority of f2p (meaning the majority of players) are lucky to have even one 5* (I have none but I do have Buddy and Carol).

This all was a creation of the unnecessary costumes.

7 Likes

The nerphing of the 5* Nordic heroes was necessary, but I agree it was not necessary to decrease the 4* and 3* heroes of the family. For my opinion the 5* heroes are still too strong and the 4* and 3* heroes need an improvement.

Give me the Pinguin or Mother Nord instead of Telluria which was nerphed 2 or 3 times. And by the way the Boar is also too strong. You can find him in each successful 4* team in raids. Want to give one Buddy for the Boar.

There are some heroes which are definitely (still) too strong. Some of them were decreased, some are still untouched.

Cheers Reder

Nerfing the 5* christmas heroes was necessary. Yes, they applied it in a way that affected 4s& 3s, but there are too many heroes to let the devs fine tune quickly.

I do expect some positive buffs to individual heroes soon. What is needed is players pointing out which heroes were collateral damage, and what the affects were for each of those heroes.

Un-nerf the X-Mas 3* & 4* Heroes. There was no good reason they needed to be hit.

4 Likes

To be fair, SG didnt care about actually balancing any of the heros they changed and had a lot of important money grubbing to focus on so why on earth would they consider repercussions of their actions on other heros or the greater balance?

Hey we got an apology for the servers issue and tome of experience and an extra quest although not out yet. Isn’t SG wonderful. Of course no mention of the nerf fiasco. There was no need to touch the family bonus, minions or nerf 2 year old heroes. And the 3* and 4*? Are you kidding me!?

Lower minions on 5* to caster and nearby, limit the number of Pengi’s hits.(I have Pengi btw) Cap original Krampus C offensive buff to 50% and lower defense points by 50 not 100 points. But when your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail. I still would like an explanation and an apology to the players affected by their bonehead move. Can you tell I’m still nad? :wink: Move on right?

3 Likes

I would still prefer they changed Pengi to
“Removes all minions from all allies. For each minion removed attacks a random enemy for X damage, doing less damage on succesive hits”

1 Like

So pengi would hurt his own team? If i have 15 noor minions at 500 extra health each… Pengi would be the biggest help to the defense.

1 Like

Thats what would make it a nerf, without touching the damage. FWIW my ideas on this game are worth literally nothing to the devs nor to anyone other than me nor anywhere outside of my mind. It is not worth getting upset about. Heck, they hardly m3an anything to me :thinking:

Other idea you can be mad about

Or, to be part buff, part nerf, he could remove all minions and fiends from allies.

I concur… Your assertion isn’t worth discussion.

2 Likes

@Petri As you’ve seen, most players appreciated the way you approached the recent technical issues in the game.

I think it would be time to approach at least this game design balance. Nowhere in your motivation it was mentioned that the 3* and 4* from the Christmas family were too strong. Nobody complained about it.

So unless you have concrete data and are willing to tell us as well about it, I think most players would appreciate if SG can repair the damage done to the 3* and 4* heroes from the Christmas family. This can be easily done by increasing the base HP and attack of their minions when summoned, even if you leave the family bonus unchanged.

And since we are talking about old 3* and 4* heroes, I am quite sure it is not going to affect you financially either.

1 Like

Maybe the worst idea ever. Why would I want to do 7500 damage to my own team??? I would NEVER use Pengi again if that was how he worked!

1 Like

The only minions worth sacrificing would be those crappy elemental link ones from Bertilla/Uraeus. But even then… That would annoy me to all Hell. What if you fire pengi, he removes all minions and then you ghost 4 tiles and charge him again for just a single shot.

Strong emotions still I see, toward what isn’t worth discussing. This humors me, so let say that first, my idea is based off of enjoying the idea that he would be literally firing the minions at the enemy. I don’t think he needs to be nerfed, but some do, and the idea feels fun to me. Second, the team should have 3 minions again after he fires, assuming he isn’t in the corner, and his neighbours are alive, so it wouldn’t be for a single hit, though less than the previous hit.

Finally, I don’t know how well he works on offense, I’ve only faced him on defense. I know on D if he fires with the team having 8+ minions, and the offense doesn’t have a taunt up, it is likely that 2 or 3 heroes will die. I would assume close to the same happens on offense, and I would assume the theorhetical hit after the ghosted tiles would hurt the 2-3 left alive quite a bit. But, again - my idea is a meaningless rambling with no significance. It really isn’t worth getting upset about,