Who was your fav hero of 2020

Cobalt and Onyx are nice consolation prizes…lol. Love me some ninjas. Need Mica and Cobalt for a full set.

1 Like

So splitting my answer into 3 here.

Firstly favourite hero I received this year:

This has been a good year for me with heroes. Due to lockdown, working from home and not being able to go watch Ayr United at the weekend my disposable income has increased which has meant I’ve been able to do more summons than previously.

Toss up between Lady of the Lake and Seshat. Both have made a real difference, but I am going to go with Lady of the Lake. She makes PvE easy and is my go to hero.

Next up hero released this year I think is the most devastating.

Killhare. Had considered Cobalt, but Killhare edges it for me. Loses out on the bypass but gets the massive attack in less tiles, and has fighter revive chance.

Lastly hero released this year that I most want for my roster.

Odin. A lot of my heroes (especially on my defence team) are average/ slow ( Richard, Anzogh, Lady of the lake) I could bring in the Norse God for the Sea God and improve my team speed.

3 Likes

I hear you there. I used some of what I was saving on my monthly train fare to summon more than I did previously once we went into lockdown and I was working from home.

Lady of the Lake has eluded me so far, but she is definitely one that I find a pain to come up against. If she fires it is usually game over for me. She would definitely be on my list of favourites if I had pulled her.

2 Likes

My favorite hero who I obtained in 2020 would probably be Malosi just for the versatility and speed.

My favorite hero who I haven’t obtained would probably be Garnet, also for versatility and speed.

I like raiding in 4-1 and both Malosi and Garnet are able to fit onto almost any team.

2 Likes

My fav 2020
5*

• Panther, Killhare, Onyx, Ursena
  • Delilah, Vivica, Joon.C, Malosi
  • Miki, Magni, Snow White
  • Evelyn, Alby, Kingston
  • Grazul, Gefjon, Marjana

4*

• Proteus, Rigard.C, Tibs.C
  • Jackal, Mist, Gullinbursti
  • Kiril.CB, Kiril.C, Grimm, Frank, Jott
  • Hansel, Brynhild, Buddy
  • Falcon, Boldtusk.CB, Wilbur, Sumle

3*:

• Renfeld.C, Bjorn, Tyrum.C/CB, Gill-Ra
  • Kvasir, Pixie, Bane.C, Agnes
  • Gunnar.C, Nordri, Chick Jr
  • Brienne.C, Grevle, Belith, Scrubbear
  • Hawkmoon.C, Ei-Dunn, Azar.C, Rudolph
2 Likes

Did you get all those 5* in 2020?:astonished::astonished:

No, I mean all those are my fav (using in raid/map/titan/tournament/event) in 2020.
I play since Feb 2019, so I get those in 2019 and 2020.

EDIT: the Original Poster means, hero who get in 2020 or play as fav in 2020?

Who get in 2019: Magni, Panther, Alby, Kingtson, Ursena, and Vivica

2 Likes

She was the hero 2020 needed. She was the hero we all got.

10 Likes

5* frigg and freya
4* tib costume and rigard costume
3* nordri and my lovely little chicken

@Kilted : I made a mini chase for LoL & Odin… both unsuccessful.
though
I have all other Avalon heroes & got LoLo instead of Odin…

@B1gHeadAss : Malosi fits into any of my teams and have got 4 of them in my roster.

• One levelled,
  • one at 3.70
  • 2 sitting

In today’s play meta, Malosi has a role in every war team… so I will be levelling all 4 one by one… as I get mats… for my war teams… as I do mostly 3-2 or 2-2-1

In terms of actual use though 2020 gave me a lot of good heroes. The vast majority in fact.

So let’s review:

Most used

Probably Vela or Finley. Still have Vela +18 emblems in her and no plans to remove. She’s in my blue mono and she’s been a very good tank in no green 5* tournaments. I still really rate her. Finley is Finley, no shocks he gets used a lot.

Biggest Surprise

Gefjon. I literally got her on day one from 5 summons I had in coins. When it went “red” I was hoping for another Sudri :joy: So was very happy with that. Rounds out my raid and war defence and she’s a lot of fun. I usually let Seshet fire now so I can steal her replicating minion. Nothing cheers me up more in the game than that.

Most underrated

Guardian Chameleon. He’s just awesome in my Green mono. I really don’t get the C grade he has. Only hero I know of that dispels everything and the critical and attack buff is pure awesome. I’ve never seen tile damage as high as he delivers on that team. Crazy numbers and a super cute little dude with his little hat as well.

Most coveted

Jean Francois. I saw a beautiful synergy in my team for him. I chased hard and that was a life lesson in chasing HOTM. Don’t do it kids. I had genuine regret there.

Special Award for most impactful 3*

Now this is contentious but given the change it made to the scores in events I’d say Nodri has been huge. For a lot of us it’s the only blue def down and in the reflect red event (Grimforest??) the impact was huge. Much bigger score as along with C.Gunnar but for me it’s Nodri that makes that different.

The Wannabe 5* but I’m a 4* award

Mist and Brunhild are top contenders but I think C.Rigard wins this as he is basically a 5*. In rush wars he only needs a lvl 1 mana troop too which is crazy good.

So he wins it.

And finally (drum roll…)

The Prettiest Costume Award 2020

Isarnia - gorgeous art…would like to have but sadly never captured her like she captured my heart

7 Likes

I knew you’d mention chameleon!

1 Like

He’s awesome! Love that little Lizard.

1 Like

Really interested in how you use him. Guessing you take out blue tank, then switch other colours to take then out. Currently levelling mine. Was planning to run him with Norns in a green yellow stack as second counter option to Frigg/ Odin combos⁰

Yep. But the secret is the critical damage. To charge him you’ve normally taken out the tank. I have Tarlak and when you have both active the tile damage can be nuclear. The critical also stacks with Critical troops and Telluria’s elemental link and you can easily get the critical damage percentage over 50%. Then you just watch the green tiles go nuclear. 1 tile kills are very possible and happen pretty frequently. I’ve seen single tile damage above 2k which in raid is just daft.

Edit - this is my Green mono presently. I found Chameleon to work very well at 3-70 but I’ll fully ascend at him point just out of completeness. The 2 snipers with the +54% attack are mean too

4 Likes

My theory on why he is so underrated is that ppl grading have such deep rosters they don’t need to really look at how to use heroes with unusual skills that look niche.

Versatility rules Supreme because those heroes are easy to use, they don’t really use the odd ones and never explore their potential.

1 Like

Yep agreed. Plus Chameleon isn’t easy to “get”. He’s weird and requires thought and planning. Like if you don’t get the order right he wipes the down attack that Kingston gives. Which is annoying when you do it by accident. Heimdall’s attack buff isn’t as good so you have to be mindful of that (well, I do…I know not everyone is lucky to have him)

But all that means you can’t just randomly hit buttons and expect a win. He requires more finesse than that to get him to shine.

3 Likes

I’ve actually considered a rainbow team with all Crit troops.

But I’d need him 4-80 with emblems for that I think.

But then all tiles are doing a lot more damage and makes rainbow a possibility to consider…

2 Likes

Wash your mouth out with soap…suggesting that crit troops are actually useful. 20 Anchors shouting you down…lol

1 Like