Which troops are your favourite and why?!

I’ve been done my first round of level 4 star troops for a while and have been working on my 3 and 2 star troops for events and tournaments while waiting to collect a whole bunch of trainer troops and feeders. Now I’m ready to go back to leveling another round of 4* troops!

Question is… Which ones? There’s so many, wizard, cyclops, ninja and mana ones. I’d love to hear feedback from other players which ones they’ve been working on, which heroes they like it with and why they picked it. We all know it’s super expensive leveling up those troops os definitely want some ideas before pouring all my resources into these troops!

I like the wizard and cyclops… they are different but I like wizard best for a defense line for a few reasons:

Mana gain is dynamic on defense with tiles, so any increase in mana speed makes your defense more likely to fire… for this reason I rate Wizard and Cyclops the best for a defense line
While sometimes you do not need +healing %, you also do not need bypass on several types of heroes:

• Healers
  • Taunters
  • Heroes that already bypass (Sobek, Alucard, etc)
    Given your heroes by color change in roles, I prefer for defense the Wizard to have higher defense stat to increase chance to live and fire specials.

In offense, I think Mana, Wizard, and Cyclops all work with perhaps the edge to Cyclops if you start now. It has lower level thresholds to get the increased mana and you can pair the troop better to the exact offense heroes it will benefit the most.

So depth - Cyclops, Highest level… Wizard, IMO. You can go straight Cyclops and it will work out well in most cases.

10 Likes

Thank you for the great response, it’s quite detailed! The biggest two I was deciding on was between cyclops and wizard troops, so appreciate the feedback. I’ve been hoarding lots of food lately to make the process a little faster, because we all know how expensive it can be!

Yes… Yes I do, I have 3 Wizard’s to 24, 24 and 26… missing red and yellow but last I checked I have over a 70M ham deficit waiting for when I pull them :joy:

Wow, that’s a lot of ham, you’re well prepared lol.

Oh I don’t have that much, it’s how much I need to have once I get the missing colors:

I am journaling my magic troop journey in another thread:

2 Likes

Based on costs of leveling these darn things, I stick with mana troops only.

2 Likes

I try to answer short: On offense Mana troops are the best, if you can max them. If you can only bring them to level 11-17 in a foreseable future, Magic or Styx troops are your friend.
If you use slow heroes on offense, you need 34% mana boost to fire them after 9 tiles. That can be done with: lvl29/27 Magic/Styx troop, 5% costume bonus (if a costume is available), 4% mana talent node (Monk, Sorcerer, Druid only) and a 5% Bard bonus.
If only fast and average heroes on offense, a mana troop is best!
On defense, every bit of mana counts, here Styx and Magic troops are to be prefered. If you have no healer on defense, a healing bonus is useless, then Styx troops are best. If you have a healer on defense, the healing bonus beats the Styx troops. For me Magic troops are best on defense.
In war I play mostly 3/2 sometimes 4/1, so I have mana troops on level 23/17/11 in every color and a Magic or Styx troop on lvl11. I will bring the Magic/ Styx troop to lvl.17 next.

Happy gaming

4 Likes

I really appreciate the breakdown you provided, it’s extremely helpful! Ty!