WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

By an odd coincidence someone (well known) elsewhere is enjoying a random cup of coffee delivered no less as if by magic.

5 Likes

“You summoned?”

Everyone looked up to see a mysterious mermaid floating:

20210307_203200

“Do you work for the little cow?” gasped the Lieutenant.

The mermaid pointed to the ceiling and disappeared.

The Grey Figure sighed and snapped open his umbrella. The overhead sprinklers gurgled before spewing dark hot liquid.

The Lieutenant looked up and nearly drowned. But he had the good sense to fill a giant mug for his Captain.

He growled and took a sip, which he promptly spit out.

“Is this DECAF?” sputtered the Captain.

5 Likes

The lieutenant gives it a taste and responds. “well sir it seems to have been KAFinated by something.” “Maybe the upside down cow can provide some insight?”…

5 Likes

The Floating Upside Down Cow just tilted its head. “What category is this? Everything seems random, are you still following the game rules?”

“Game?!” the captain scratched his head.

“Rules?!!” the Grey Figure stamped its foot. “I MAKE THE RULES HERE!”

The lyre began strumming. “I bet you think this song is about you, don’t you, don’t you…”

The little pile of poo laughed and did a happy dance. “Oh, what arrogance!”

The small-tree like figure elongated a few branches. “Who made YOU a moderator?”

4 Likes

The half plant, half bear speaks up (is he a bear root or a half hero, half shrub or Bear leg plant twig? He’d scare the crap out of me in my garden.

“Which one of the unmanly men and girls made you so special grey thing?”

“urrr…”

“Sorry but we need something official to afford you respect! The cat and the cow did it on their own merits without demands. What is your explanation because I am dying waiting to hear it?..”

4 Likes

The Grey Figure felt backed into a corner. It looked at the collection of beings ranting at it.

Then it snapped and stamped its foot.

“I am special BECAUSE I SAY SO!”

5 Likes

“Hmm,” pondered the lyre. “This now looks more and more like a merge candidate to me. What do you think?” he asked the vaguely shrubbish figure.

“I’m not sure.” he answered. “There are a lot of likely places to merge to. A lot of posters seem to think they’re special.”

“I know where he should be merged to” purred the cat, darting her tongue at a passing comet. “Merge him with …”

Man, the words that get censored …

5 Likes

“Hu Tao!” gasped Proteus. “Are we just floating in space?”

“Appears so.” Everyone’s favorite panda warrior merely shrugged.

“Actually …” @nevarmaor wandered over. “@Rook is reading The Galactic Storybook.”

“That’s why we fell off the universe!” @sleepyhead added.

“But where are we?” @sft1965 asked.

The view screen popped up, which still read:

“That looks like a bull’s eye.” @Photon squinted.

“Target!” Proteus yelled. “Let’s go shopping!”

“Before they merge?” asked @sleepyhead. “Look!”

5 Likes

So they should, seriously you peeps inspire me.

5 Likes

A giant Wal-Mart began floating into view!

“It’s gonna crash into the Target!”

3 Likes

Ah, Walmart…bane of my cat-xistence!:grin:

3 Likes

The crash happened and the whole world exploded. Then, on another planet, in an alternate reality…Layla woke up. She then noticed the time. “Crap.” She said. “I’m gonna be late for class.” Layla hurried to the Hero Academy, located inside a fortress and got there on time.

After class, Layla headed to the Training Camp ti test herself against other heroes. Her opponent, she wouldn’t expect. “Hello Hun.” Her opponent said. Layla couldn’t believe her eyes. She was going up against Clarissa.

“Go easy on her.” Photon said. “Heh. Don’t worry about me.” Clarissa said. “Just make sure Scarlett doesn’t go hell bent.” Clarissa said back.

“Ready? And…go!” @nevarmaor said. Layla’s sparring match against Clarissa began.

2 Likes

Layla and Clarissa eyed each other carefully, circling slowly.

Suddenly, Layla feinted right, then spun left and landed a solid slap on Clarissa’s midriff.

“Oww, wait a minute. That actually hurt!”

“I know” Layla smiled, with a twinkle in her eye. “Ever since I started that spin class, and with the rumours on the forum of making me a 4*, I feel energized like a bunny!”

“Fitting, with Springvale approaching” laughed Scarlett mischeviously. “My turn now.”

5 Likes

Scarlett had her turn up and was battling against Elena. Scarlett and Elena fought, but after the sparring match, a strange energy began to take hold of Scarlett. The energy turned the red of her outfit into purple, with purple eyes, and the gold turned purole as well.

“What’s going on?” @akionna asked. “Seems like Scarlett has been possessed.” @sft1965 said. Scarlett, full of rage, began to attack mindlessly. Photon stood in front of her. “Calm down Scarlett.” He said to her. She then kicked Photon into a nearby building, knocking him unconscious. “Time for me to handle this.” Alberich said. And proceeded to soothe Scarlett and gets her to fall asleep. “Let’s get them to the infirmary.” @sleepyhead said.

3 Likes

“What about Scarlett … er … Violet?” asked Proteus anxiously.

“I have a wonderful Lemongrass-Chamomile smoothie that might help” offered Hu Tao.

“I suspect the problem runs much deeper” remarked @nevarmaor. “We need an exorcism. Does anybody have the phone number of Dr. Karras?”

“Hold on …” said @sleepyhead

4 Likes

“Let me help,” said an unfamiliar voice.

Everyone turned to see:

Hu Tao clutched the smoothie. “Lemongrass and chamomile are not enough!”

“Begone demon!” Proteus threw his hanky in protest.

“You holding holy water?” @nevarmaor squinted at Reuben.

“You high?” @Photon frowned. “We don’t approve.”

“We need @Rook!” @sleepyhead yelled at the forums. “Moderate him!”

“He twitched!” gasped @sft1965. “He’s about to …”

3 Likes

… Do the Monster Mash!

Reuben began dancing!

3 Likes

hugs to all! Sorry I have been under the couch. Back soon I hope :cat2:

3 Likes

hugs back @Rook !!! :slight_smile: see you back here soon!

3 Likes

“This is the worst exorcism ever!” grumbled @nevarmaor.

“Who let Rueben dance for–” @Photon squinted at the calendar. “Nine days?”

“Does anyone know Latin?” asked @sft1965.

A book went sailing through the air:

20210331_083008

“Is that a Bible?” asked Hu Tao.

“Looks like a dictionary.” Proteus sniffed.

“We need Holy Water.” @sleepyhead looked around.

“I have garlic.” Hu Tao pulled out six bulbs from his pocket.

“This is not a vampire exorcism!” @nevarmaor stomped his foot.

“First we pour a bucket of tap water on the possessed.” @sft1965 muttered.

Poor Scarlett got drenched. The water sizzled. @Rook hissed and jumped away.

“Next we …”

4 Likes